Certified Languages Int'l Reviews | Glassdoor

Certified Languages Int'l Reviews

Found 30 reviews

3.7
Kristin Quinlan
Pros
  • "Highly recommend with confidence to both Interpreters and Clients(in 11 reviews)

• "Work from home, little to no supervision, you get what you put in(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes call volume its not as high so in between 8am till 11am you might only make 36 dollars(in 8 reviews)

• "Have to depend on call flow and has no benefits(in 4 reviews)

1. "Fortunate to work with this company"

Current Employee - Interpreter in Portland, OR

I have been working at Certified Languages Int'l part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Very professional, pleasant staff at all levels, pay is prompt, best call-volume by far amongst several other companies for which I've worked

Cons

No cons. By far the best company I've worked with in the field

Certified Languages Int'l2018-01-27

January 29, 2018Content Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the positive review! Definitely let us know if there's anything we can do to support you. You can contact us here or directly through our Interpreter Services Liaison.

• "Interpreter"

Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter

I have been working at Certified Languages Int'l part-time

Pros

High $/minute. Friendly and highly responsive management. Payments are always on time.

Cons

Amount of calls fluctuates a lot. You might stay logged in for hours and don’t receive any calls at all. Few to no chances of advancement inside the company.

Advice to Management

Offer more chances of career advancement for people that has been with the company for a while.

Certified Languages Int'l2019-01-01

January 7, 2019Content Marketing Specialist

Thanks for this really constructive feedback. We appreciate hearing feedback like this from interpreters like you, and it is true that we can't predict call volume. We'll absolutely make sure our Interpreter Services Department sees your comments.

"Slave phone labor"

Current Employee - CSR2 in Portland, OR

I have been working at Certified Languages Int'l full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

25 cent sodas that the only benefits

Cons

Very low pay, poor benefits, moody supervisor csr work 150- 200 calls daily.

Advice to Management

Get with the program and pay a living wage like other companies in the area. Like 15- 21 dollars an hour

Certified Languages Int'l2019-01-10

January 14, 2019Content Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you leaving this comment. We take employee feedback like this very seriously, and we're constantly revisiting what we can do to make the workplace better for all our employees. If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see improved at CLI, please reach out to our ...

"Great Company to work for!!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Certified Languages Int'l full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

CLI is a great company to work for. Portland Call Center Manager is very flexible and very considerate. Free insurance if you opt for in network. The CEO is very nice, outgoing and generous. Lots of overtime for extra cash. Decent Bonus structure.

Cons

Unnecessary drama and gossip. One of the supervisor has an ego that if you go against her she will nit pick you on everything.

Certified Languages Int'l2017-12-18

"CSR"

I worked at Certified Languages Int'l full-time

Pros

Benefits, co-workers, work area. Nice neighborhood.

Cons

Upper management are like a cut scene from mean girls. Very secretive. Fires employees over lies and hear say.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Everything that glistens isn’t gold.

Certified Languages Int'l2018-01-07

January 15, 2018Content Marketing Specialist

We're sorry it didn't work out, but we appreciate hearing your feedback. Transparency is important to us, and that's why we make sure our policies, procedures, and expectations are clearly communicated when any new employee starts working here.

• "Translations Coordinator for the Document Translations Department"

Current Employee - Translations Coordinator in Portland, OR

I have been working at Certified Languages Int'l full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The hard work and dedications each employee gives is impressive. I'm very happy to be apart of such a hard working team!

Cons

When the coffee machine goes down, we all have a hard day.

Certified Languages Int'l2017-12-11

December 13, 2017Content Marketing Specialist

Thanks for your feedback and all your hard work. We definitely try to keep that coffee machine up and running at all times - one of our employees is dedicated to the task! But it seems to have a mind of its own sometimes...

"Don't get lll"

I worked at Certified Languages Int'l full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coffee machine had tons of varities, and decent break froms. Humorous co workers, and interpreters .quick phone calls

Cons

Poor wages for CSR Insane que Ridiculous probationary period Will hire anyone qualified or not for their slave labor

Advice to Management

Compassion

Certified Languages Int'l2017-12-08

December 12, 2017Content Marketing Specialist

Thanks for leaving your feedback with us. It's true that we do have a probationary period for new employees. We're sorry it didn't work out, but wish you the best in your future endeavors.

• "Best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Telecom/Network Systems Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Certified Languages Int'l full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Co-Workers!!, Positive Atmosphere, Meaningful work, Good Pay, Awesome Management, Great Tools, Reasonable Expectations, Great everything!!!!

Cons

I really cannot think of any Cons. I could try and make something up like.... errr... No Swimming Pool?? Nah.... There are no Cons working for CLI!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, we will keep doing what we are doing! Go CLI!

Certified Languages Int'l2017-10-02

October 4, 2017Content Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the really positive review! We're glad to work with such an enthusiastic team member!

"Former CSR - Crazy Commute For a Job I Loved"

Former Employee - CSR-1 in Portland, OR

I worked at Certified Languages Int'l full-time

Pros

This was in my top two favorite places I worked and the only reason I left was because I was moving away. The job was fairly easy once you're trained. I met some friendly people and became buddies with the girl I sat next to. I loved working with her. Our manager was really nice bringing us food and making a craft corner for people to color and create during slow times. The higher-ups I talked to were friendly and not...

Cons

The three hour commute home, but that's not their fault. It was rough, but the enjoyable job, friends I made, and my personal goals kept me going.

Advice to Management

Just keep being great and know that it's appreciated.

Certified Languages Int'l2017-08-14

August 16, 2017Content Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the really positive review and for all your hard work! We're sad you moved away!

"Wonderful Work Environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Certified Languages Int'l

Pros

Competitive pay, relaxed work environment, great supervisors, paid vacation, holiday pay. All employees are helpful and nice, upper management willing to go out of their way to help you and make work a place you like to be

Cons

none in the time i was employed

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Certified Languages Int'l2017-01-19