Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC Reviews

Updated Oct 30, 2020

3.7
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC CEO and Co-Owner Aaron Yeager (no image)
Aaron Yeager
  1. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Driver in Glen Rose, TX

I worked at Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, pay and benefits.

Cons

Can't really think of any. I'd go back in a heartbeat if they came back to my area.

September 25, 2020Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review. We are a family at Chalk and have the best employees in the oilfield. We are thrilled we can offer set schedules, returning all of our drivers to their home terminal daily. We also want to make sure our employees have work life balance, while earning great pay.

2. "Great outcome so far!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Materials/supplies/ guidance at my disposal. Calm atmosphere and great support behind you to keep you motivated.

Cons

None at the moment. I am loving this position and I think I am "home".

November 18, 2020Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear you are happy working at Chalk. We are a family and safety is our top priority. Our goal is to make sure all of our employees have work life balance, while earning great pay.

3. "ok i guess"

2.0
    Former Employee - Well Site Supervisor in Pleasanton, TX

I worked at Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

if you do your job nobody is on your back

Cons

management has a lot of issues

October 27, 2020Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review! We are working hard to continue enhancing our work culture and developing leaders at Chalk Mountain. We believe you will continue to see us working hard to keep communication lines open and building great teams.

4. "Challenging"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Something Different Every Day--you get an opportunity to learn.

Cons

Something Different Every Day--sometimes you are not sure what to do with this opportunity because you might not have been trained.

April 21, 2020Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review and for being part of our Chalk family! We do enjoy our family environment. We love to promote from within and welcome anyone to speak with their supervisor or Human Resources on steps they can take to continue enhancing their skills and abilities.

5. "Probably the best Sand Company around"

Current Employee - Frac Sand Driver in Pleasanton, TX

I have been working at Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of hours and good pay. good people to work for.

Cons

Overnight shifts can be strenuous.

April 2, 2020Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review and for being a part of our growing Chalk family! We are thrilled we can offer set schedules, returning all of our drivers to their home terminal daily. In addition, we offer competitive hourly pay and a full benefit package that includes 401(k) with a 4% company match after 60 days of employment (no vesting period). We are thankful to have the best employees in the oilfield business.

6. "Had the best schedule in the oil field."

Former Employee - Well Site Supervisor/Sand Coordinator in Loving, NM

Pros

One week on,one week off. Highest payed sand coordinator position in the oil field.

Cons

Constant policy changes make it difficult to adhere to . On top of being a fast paced job it is a supervisor position and you can’t always catch everything. You will miss steps from time to time and you will receive a talking to for it.

January 17, 2020Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review! We are a growing company,and thankful to have the best employees in the oilfield business. We are working hard to create an open communication forum and teaching the principles of Chalk 3.0, which embodies feedback and communication.

7. "Worst place ever"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, NM

Pros

The hours were great, pay was good.

Cons

Literally everything else, managment will lie to your face.

February 7, 2020Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review. We apologize if you did not feel as though you were not a valued member of our Chalk family. We understand feeling valued goes beyond great pay. We are working hard to create an open communication forum and teaching the principles of Chalk 3.0, which embodies feedback, communication and treating each other with common courtesy and respect. Should anyone have an issue, we encourage everyone to speak with their supervisor or Human Resources team.

8. "Potential for change"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, TX

Pros

New change in Operations Management Team in Pleasanton is positive step forward . Finally feeling like a team environment with leaders who have hands on experience.

Cons

Fear of retaliation for speaking up

December 24, 2019Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review! We are working hard to create an open communication forum and teaching the principles of Chalk 3.0, which embodies feedback, communication and treating each other with common courtesy and respect. Should you have an issue or idea, we encourage everyone to speak with their supervisor or Human Resources team.

9. "Executive Assistant"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant

Pros

Generally fun relaxed family environment, .

Cons

Costly insurance. Not a lot of potential for upward mobility.

September 16, 2019VP of Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We do enjoy our family environment. We love to promote from within and welcome anyone to speak with their supervisor or Human Resources on steps they can take to continue enhancing their skills and abilities.

10. "Great Place to Work"

5.0

Pros

The Family Atmosphere is amazing with Chalk Mountain. Great Pay, Leadership is growing glad to see some of the Junior Employees stepping up and trying to take charge and get promoted into leadership positions

Cons

No Cons at this time

September 16, 2019VP of Human Resources