KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC Reviews

Updated Oct 13, 2021

Found 64 of over 64 reviews

4.7
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC CEO and Co-Owner Aaron Yeager (no image)
Aaron Yeager
  1. 5.0

Long hours

Oct 13, 2021 - Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay work truck gas card

Cons

Long hours away from home. Long drive to and from job sites. 16 plus hour days

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review and for being a part of our Chalk family! We are so glad to hear you are happy working at Chalk. We are a family and want to make sure all of our employees have work life balance.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Mediocre company poor housing

Oct 6, 2021 - Sand Coordinator in Midland, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

1 week on 1 week off

Cons

Management, long commutes to wells, safety standards made job so much harder, overtime worked was not beneficial to sand coordinator as they positioned it so you didn’t make much OT. Company was cheap overall

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review and feedback. We work hard to maintain a family and safety-always culture. Should anyone have an issue, we encourage everyone to speak to their supervisor or Human Resources team.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Sep 4, 2021 - Wellsite Supervisor in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family time every day you home

Cons

No pto work can be stressful

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review and for being a part of our Chalk family! We are so glad to hear you are happy working at Chalk. We are a family and want to make sure all of our employees have work life balance, offering all of our Wellsite Supervisors a 7 days on, 7 days off schedule.

4. 4.0

Sand driver

Aug 17, 2021 - Frac Sand Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, and newer trucks, good co-workers

Cons

Long hours, housing is difficult

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review. At Chalk we hire a professional driving team with top notch experience and a proven safety track record. We believe our employees are the backbone of the company. We are very thankful to have the best employees in the oilfield industry, making Chalk what it is today!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Would recommend

Jun 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Good pay *Nice managers *Friendly group of guys *Reasonable workload *OT available *Nothing too strenuous

Cons

*Not a lot of opportunity to move up *No benefits

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review and for being a part of our Chalk family! We are thrilled we can offer a competitive benefit package, 401(k) with at 4% company match after 60 days of employment (no vesting period) and industry leading pay.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

The best work experience I’ve had in my 30+ year career

Jun 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I know I made a bold statement in my title but I’m prepared to back it up. Here’s why I am confident claiming that working at Chalk Mountain Services for the past 4 years has been the best work experience in my entire career (which is over 30 years at this point): 1. From the moment I was offered a job here at Chalk Mountain, management has never once tried to low ball me or undervalue my work, my experience, and my abilities. I was given a more than fair offer right off the bat, and my salary has consistently increased (above the rate of inflation) so that I’m being justly compensated for not only my loyalty, but my increase in company-specific expertise. 2. The work environment is wholesome and based on values of teamwork, consideration, mutual respect, and kindness. Each of these on their own would be rare enough to find in this industry, but altogether it’s practically unheard of. There’s too many “man’s men” in this line of work and, too often, their baser instincts aren’t curbed by management. The management team here at Chalk Mountain doesn’t let any of that slide. So if you’re look to cause trouble or have a bone to pick, you’ll find yourself out of a job faster than you can say “what are you looking at?” 3. They don’t work you into the ground. They see their employees as people, not machines. So they’re not going to work you until your body literally gives out on you and you’re not even able to go for a walk with your kids let alone come back to work. They’re fair and they care. I could go on forever, but I feel like this is already more than most people will put in the time to read and, in my opinion, there’s not much more you need to know outside of these three things about what kind of company Chalk Mountain is.

Cons

I’ve said everything I needed to say already.

1 person found this review helpful

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Everything is a pro

Jun 10, 2021 - Recruiter in Mansfield, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything: pay, people, hours, environment… everything.

Cons

Nothing. I’m only putting more here because Glassdoor won’t let me give a one-word answer.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A viable career

Apr 25, 2021 - Account Manager in Mansfield, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s one thing to work for a company that just pays the bills. It’s quite another when you make a career out of it. How each man views this company is his own business. To me it’s career. That’s why I give 110% no matter how mundane the task even when others are slacking off or giving a half effort. This job has blessed me in many ways and I’d like to think it’s because management have noticed how seriously I take my job. Here’s to many more happy and successful years!

Cons

Wish this section didn’t have a need for a minimum word count. Some people have nothing to write here.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review! We believe our employees are the backbone of the company. We are very thankful to have the best employees in the oilfield industry, making Chalk what it is today!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Home every day

Apr 26, 2021 - Recruiter in Mansfield, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Drivers are treated like the essential assets that they are. This company hires a lot of good people who appreciate the fact that they’re home every night. You wouldn’t understand unless you’ve spent months at a time while on the road to provide for a family back home. Even if you’re living the bachelor life it just gets old after a while. Every company has its pros and cons but that pro alone makes it worth it to me.

Cons

Not much PTO. The policy needs to be revamped.

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review! We love our Chalk Mountain family and work hard to offer set schedules, ensuring all driver routes return to their home terminal location daily.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Love it

Apr 20, 2021 - Well Site Manager in Mansfield, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had fun every day because I interacted with people I enjoy working with. Plus I’m home to wifey every night. Doesn’t mean that the hours aren’t long but for a truck driving gig I had no complaints. It was hard on my family back when I drove cross country so Chalk Mountain Services was a preferable alternative. Ultimately needed something closer to home that was less time intensive.

Cons

Mostly depends on who I’m interacting with. Some people I liked. Others, well, you should get the idea.

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled we can offer set schedules, returning all of our drivers to their home terminal daily. In addition, we offer competitive hourly pay and a full benefit package that includes 401(k) with a 4% company match after 60 days of employment (no vesting period). We are thankful to have the best employees in the oilfield business.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 64 Reviews