Cover image for Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC

72% Recommend to a Friend
77% Approve of CEO

Found 67 of over 67 reviews

4.2
Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC CEO and Co-Owner Aaron Yeager (no image)
Aaron Yeager

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Lots of hours and good pay.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Chalk Mountain has amazing management that truly care about the employees.(in 5 reviews)
  • "good people to work for.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Long hours

Oct 13, 2021 - Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay work truck gas card

Cons

Long hours away from home. Long drive to and from job sites. 16 plus hour days

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review and for being a part of our Chalk family! We are so glad to hear you are happy working at Chalk. We are a family and want to make sure all of our employees have work life balance.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

They Poor Decisions

Oct 21, 2022 - Sand Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, their insurance dental and medical is good, and 401k options are recommended.

Cons

Turn around and retention is horrible

3. Join the Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Good pay easy work

Jun 4, 2022 - Truck Driver in Kermit, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is great and work is easy to do.

Cons

They will let you go quickly for any reason.

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review and for being a part of our Chalk family. Our goal is to create an open communication forum, which embodies feedback, communication and treating each other with common courtesy and respect. Should anyone have an issue, we encourage everyone to speak to their supervisor or Human Resources team. We are thrilled we can offer a competitive benefit package, 401(k) with at 4% company match after 60 days of employment (no vesting period) and industry leading pay.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Driver manager

May 11, 2022 - Driver Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is okay and the pay is decent

Cons

Senior leadership is horrible there is no work life balance

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review. At Chalk, we hire a professional driving team with top notch experience and a proven safety track record. We believe our employees are the backbone of the company. We are very thankful to have the best employees in the oilfield industry, making Chalk what it is today!

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

They will use you up and spit you out

Feb 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Travel to the most deserted places in Texas and New Mexico.

Cons

Treat the Office Staff the same as the Truckers, which means you are just a warm body filling a chair. The oil industry is a tough job field and you must be prepared for that.

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review. We apologize if you did not feel as though you were not a valued member of our Chalk family. We understand feeling valued goes beyond great pay. We are working hard to create an open communication forum and teaching the principles of Chalk 3.0, which embodies feedback, communication and treating each other with common courtesy and respect. Should anyone have an issue, we encourage everyone to speak with their supervisor or Human Resources team.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

The best work experience I’ve had in my 30+ year career

Jun 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I know I made a bold statement in my title but I’m prepared to back it up. Here’s why I am confident claiming that working at Chalk Mountain Services for the past 4 years has been the best work experience in my entire career (which is over 30 years at this point): 1. From the moment I was offered a job here at Chalk Mountain, management has never once tried to low ball me or undervalue my work, my experience, and my abilities. I was given a more than fair offer right off the bat, and my salary has consistently increased (above the rate of inflation) so that I’m being justly compensated for not only my loyalty, but my increase in company-specific expertise. 2. The work environment is wholesome and based on values of teamwork, consideration, mutual respect, and kindness. Each of these on their own would be rare enough to find in this industry, but altogether it’s practically unheard of. There’s too many “man’s men” in this line of work and, too often, their baser instincts aren’t curbed by management. The management team here at Chalk Mountain doesn’t let any of that slide. So if you’re look to cause trouble or have a bone to pick, you’ll find yourself out of a job faster than you can say “what are you looking at?” 3. They don’t work you into the ground. They see their employees as people, not machines. So they’re not going to work you until your body literally gives out on you and you’re not even able to go for a walk with your kids let alone come back to work. They’re fair and they care. I could go on forever, but I feel like this is already more than most people will put in the time to read and, in my opinion, there’s not much more you need to know outside of these three things about what kind of company Chalk Mountain is.

Cons

I’ve said everything I needed to say already.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review. At Chalk we hire a professional driving team with top notch experience and a proven safety track record. We believe our employees are the backbone of the company. We are very thankful to have the best employees in the oilfield industry, making Chalk what it is today!

8. 5.0

A viable career

Apr 25, 2021 - Account Manager in Mansfield, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s one thing to work for a company that just pays the bills. It’s quite another when you make a career out of it. How each man views this company is his own business. To me it’s career. That’s why I give 110% no matter how mundane the task even when others are slacking off or giving a half effort. This job has blessed me in many ways and I’d like to think it’s because management have noticed how seriously I take my job. Here’s to many more happy and successful years!

Cons

Wish this section didn’t have a need for a minimum word count. Some people have nothing to write here.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review! We believe our employees are the backbone of the company. We are very thankful to have the best employees in the oilfield industry, making Chalk what it is today!

9. 5.0

Home every day

Apr 26, 2021 - Recruiter in Mansfield, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Drivers are treated like the essential assets that they are. This company hires a lot of good people who appreciate the fact that they’re home every night. You wouldn’t understand unless you’ve spent months at a time while on the road to provide for a family back home. Even if you’re living the bachelor life it just gets old after a while. Every company has its pros and cons but that pro alone makes it worth it to me.

Cons

Not much PTO. The policy needs to be revamped.

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review! We love our Chalk Mountain family and work hard to offer set schedules, ensuring all driver routes return to their home terminal location daily.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A rewarding career

Mar 7, 2021 - Recruiter in Mansfield, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Chalk Mountain can be a rewarding career if you let it. There are some people who do nothing but *insert expletive* and moan about all the things this job ISN’T while overlooking everything this job IS. It offers a family atmosphere, stability in a pandemic ravaged world and great benefits amongst other perks. I was pleased when I started 2 years ago and I’m still pleased today.

Cons

The good overshadows the bad so I have nothing to add here.

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review and for being a part of our growing Chalk family! The foundation of our company is built on a culture of safety first. We operate and maintain one of the newest fleets in the industry.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Mediocre company poor housing

Oct 6, 2021 - Sand Coordinator in Midland, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

1 week on 1 week off

Cons

Management, long commutes to wells, safety standards made job so much harder, overtime worked was not beneficial to sand coordinator as they positioned it so you didn’t make much OT. Company was cheap overall

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your review and feedback. We work hard to maintain a family and safety-always culture. Should anyone have an issue, we encourage everyone to speak to their supervisor or Human Resources team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 67 Reviews
</>Embed

Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC Reviews FAQs

Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 67 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

72% of Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC 2.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC to be career development, coworkers, management and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits.

Popular Careers with Chalk Mountain Services of Texas, LLC Job Seekers