Championsway Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Farid Dordar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Product, Great Company, Great Opportunities"

I have been working at Championsway full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In a fast fast paced technology business, vision and innovation is key. At Champions Way we are fortunate to have both. The vision of our CEO as well as the innovation is impossible to ignore. For 12 years we have dominated the Martial Arts industry, and we are moving in a direction where the future looks even brighter.

Cons

If you don't have a strong work ethic then we are not for you. If you are a person who is late frequently then we are not for you. If you are not looking to grow as a person then we are not for you.

"It's a Miracle!!!! - That they are still in business"

Current Employee - Sales in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Championsway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

uhhhhh let me think..... I have a chair at my desk.

Cons

how to start.... small pay, not fun, fearful. no tools to do my job properly. they want you to do many hours with no extra pay and lots of work. office is gross. very bad and even dirty. the place i take my empty bottles to is nicer. pay is low and benefits to.

Advice to Management

not sure. there is no managers here

"Like to get Yelled at twice a day - Then this is the place for you!"

Current Employee - Software Dev in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Dev in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Championsway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly none....Fresh fruit - HA! not really

Cons

This company is really, really a negative place to work - the leadership think that yelling at people and telling them that their work is horrible is the way to run a successful business. I have heard the CEO yell at someone about their work being garbage and walking away. The only people that get promoted are one in the "family"

Advice to Management

They wont listen, they never have....

4. "Not terrible, but not amazing"

Former Employee - Web Designer in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Web Designer in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Championsway full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other employees are generally friendly
    Ping pong room and beer fridays are nice

Cons

Very repetitive work with limited options

5. "Have worked at this company for a couple of years"

Pros

Continue to growth, quick respose to marketing and user desire. Very powerfull platform.

Cons

Need research software developing and management skills, need to organize the products better

Advice to Management

If can make the team more stable, will get the product stable.

6. "Challenging but Exciting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Championsway full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunities are everywhere and it's really up to you what you do with them. There seems to be a real willingness from management to continually improve processes, strategies and company culture. People in all departments are positive and there are many employees and managers that have been with the company for years. It's nice to feel like you have a real impact in what you do. Management encourages professional development and seek to utilize the unique skills of each employee. It's a great place to learn.

Cons

I guess it depends which position you're applying for, but there could be better training. You'll likely be expected to hit the ground running and learn quickly. If you're looking for a slack 9-5 job, this may not be the one for you. It can be difficult making deadlines and achieving goals at times due to the fast-paced nature of the job.

Advice to Management

Having a structured onboarding process could make it easier for new employees to adapt more quickly to their new positions. Creating an internal information-sharing network would be great for interdepartmental communication as most of us don't really know what employees do in other departments.

Championsway Response

Nov 4, 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We are in fact reviewing the current onboarding process and making changes to it in order to address many of the concerns you have brought up. As soon as the new process is... More

7. "Every day gets better."

I have been working at Championsway full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every day gets better; the company gets better, the culture gets better, I get better.
    If you aren't looking for a challenge -- don't work here.

Everyday I go to work and look forward to working hard, improving and seeing results. I am surrounded by fun-loving people who are passionate about their work, about learning, growing and succeeding together. The environment is fast-paced, which I love, and demands a sense of urgency.. if you are a problem-solver that is quick on your feet with a good sense of humor you will love it here too.

I can talk about beer Fridays, the fun sports events and activities, the young atmosphere, and other "perks" -- but the pros of working here, for myself, are the vast opportunities available to make a difference and an impact for the company. We are given feedback that allows us to improve and continuously push ourselves to strive for something more. I've watched myself grow both personally and professionally in my time here and I am looking forward to continue to grow with the company, as we both get better together.

Cons

There is a clock-in/clock-out system which I find to be out-dated and out-of-place for an IT company. Also, the office decor is drab, unattractive and uninspired -- but many improvements are being made.

Also, someone wrote a review on here that the only thing good about the office was the coffee and claimed everything else to be "fake"..well, the coffee is terrible. The coffee is so bad that I can only conclude that review must be fake, fake, fake.

The company is still maturing, and I feel we are heading in the right direction but still many growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep exploring innovative leadership practices. Continue to invest in the company and your people and remember that people are not resources! People are people and as such should be treated as humans not as finite resources.

"Fake, fake, fake from beginning to the end"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Championsway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coffee is good. That is it.

Cons

Coffee is good
    Championsway and Perfectmind are same company. I would not be surprised if they came up with new name like ChampionsMind or other SellYouCrapWay.
    They call themselves "A Family". It's a 6-8 people management crew, other people treated like slaves or servants. "Bring me a coffee" is an easiest task.
    Fake smiles and handshakes. Fake posts and “likes” on Facebook, fake reviews, even on the website video interviews with people who cancelled their service with Championsway and Perfectmind right after they tried it. Words in this company do not mean anything. Everything promised on the interview had to ask and fight for it. Did not get a salary increase. No promotions, no future, just an empty words. Other people did not get a salary increase in years.
    Micromanaged by CEO every department. Constantly stealing and coping other company’s ideas. He teaches developers how to develop, UI to do UI, sales how to sell, designers how to design, marketers how to do marketing, etc. “Genius” everywhere. Never happy with results.

The talking" is main thing. If you can talk and blame someone else you will survive. Just talking, talking, talking.... Empty words... No opportunity to grow, step left, step right prohibited.
    People's personal problems are not company's problem, if there is a something – “fired” them. Answer for everything. No person - no problem. People with broken leg jumping on the stairs - just a joke and fun. "Fire them" (I don't feel like work with you anymore).
    Who comes earlier and stays late is a good employee. Does not matter how much work was done in regular hours. Every month - new faces. People come and go. After couple month did not even bother to remember names.

Brainwash constantly (every month) with talking how great this company is. In reality there are no all of that. Only one thing is good- coffee. That is it.
    Two words to describe the company: ” Cheap and Fake”.
    I would not recommend this this company even to my enemy.

Advice to Management

Don't care

"If you want to serve to MASTER work here"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Pune (India)

I worked at Championsway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talking really nicely about you for 90 days after initial hire. No growth potential. You will be doing the same thing two years after they hire you. You can get frustrated and you will be called negative influence and get fired from job.

Cons

After you spend some time here, you will notice the management starts to speak to you differently. No processes in place. Nothing is documented. You have to figure out for yourself where you belong and what your job is. Managers are always under pressure to perform and CEO doesnot listen to them.They are losing good employees by the ton as they can't justify overworking the employees with minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Get some documentation in place for people who work for you so that processes are in place.
    Honestly, employees who work hard and brought your sorry company out from the dark ages need to be retained and not fired. Don't blame them for your short comings. Pay them what they deserve, and not fire them. They are already working for you while getting underpaid and have families to feed and take care of.

Championsway Response

Aug 19, 2014 – HR Manager

We'd like to comment on this review as we feel it needs some clarification. This individual was never an employee of our company, but an employee of the company that we contracted out to help us in... More

"Hopeless company to work for.Don't waste your time working for this company.No future working in this organization."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Championsway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None -disappointed that I worked for such a company. Employees are overworked and not paid overtime.

Cons

Was fired though the employee was hardworking. Any conversations with CEO are not confidential. Will use the conversations with CEO on phone which are confidential in nature against you.

Advice to Management

CEO is not a people person. He has total disregard for people with families and fires them as soon as they speak up. Has outsourced to India and is trying to downsize.