Champlain Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "A stepping stone"

Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Albany, NY

I worked at Champlain Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ok pay. Generally decent people. Albany is a quiet airport.

Cons

Lack of experience/professionalism. "interesting" maintenance practices. FOD everywhere.

Advice to Management

Pay more and get ex-military mechanics not A and P school recent grads. Don't be afraid to fire people for making up maintenance as they go.

"Its a trap"

I worked at Champlain Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is the some of the crews are a blast to be with. I made some life long friends here. Flight benefits aren't bad either, but then again you're at the bottom of the priority list...

Cons

Multiple legs a day, always delayed for maintenance, lowest paying in the industry, always trying to get you to work on your days off, barely any days off, no one is willing to pick up trips. Everyone at C5 thinks they are so much better than other regionals and that United wants to give all Express flying to them, but C5 is so wrong. This company will not last another 10 years the way is is being ran. 50 seater airplanes are a time of the past. If you want a stepping stone pick any other regional.

Advice to Management

I felt like just another number. There is no room to grow a career at this company, no reason anyone wants to stick around. Training facilities are a joke compared to other regionals. I did not feel valued at this company in any way, shape, or form. You're employees are overworked for very little compensation. Many FA's left without hotel rooms when trips are canceled. We are just as important as the pilots. The plane won't leave the ground without us either. TREAT US EQUALLY!

3. "Company review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Champlain Enterprises (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work with

Cons

there are fewer vacation days for us.

5. "Company run very poorly"

Former Employee - Recruiting/Talent Acquisition in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Recruiting/Talent Acquisition in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Champlain Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company and travel benefits

Cons

The Most unprofessional and unethical company I have ever worked for. Upper and mid management is horrible. The company is growing but there is not a structure set in place. Very low starting salaries with promised bonus structures which were never received or implemented. I am an HR professional and have never seen a more poorly ran HR department with disclosure and confidentiality issues to discrimination issues that the executives do not address. Employee relationbissues were never addressed after many complaints. I did not feel safe or protected. The work environment was very toxic and at times expected to work in loud, dirty and smelly work spaces. Team members were played against each other instead of encouraged to work well together. Be very cautious of working under the HR department and would recommend working under the flight operations side of the company. Travel benefits are through United but the company gives 1 week of vacation after 1 year. There are better companies and airlines that appreciate their employees and give better compensation and benefits. This company is looking for employees that want to be in the same position for forever and do not offer any career paths for administrative positions. Doing well will not get you far at CommutAir

Advice to Management

Take HR professionalism, management, ethics seminars. Offer a more desirable work environment. Young professionals want an employee appreciation based company.

"Not to be too harsh.. but...."

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Newark, NJ

Pros

Some really down to earth pilots, ok flight benefits from United, short reserve time, you can have somewhat of a life outside of work, 401k, some hotel stays are decent, getting new (used) planes.

Cons

Will hire almost any human that speaks english, One of the lowest paid regionals, awful treatment from crew scheduling (I mean unbelievable), maintenance delays are almost guaranteed everyday, planes are almost 20 years old (1997/1998), The FA union is useless and the biggest joke EVER (union dues are mandatory) , This is a company that I was 100% embarrassed to represent and be apart of. They have NO true core values.

Advice to Management

Maybe find a job that's not in management :-)

7. "Long hiring process, but worth the time."

Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Champlain Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have good benefits, they have travel benefits, they have good pay. Smaller company with a better chance to move up

Cons

The only cons that I can think of is that the company will only allow you to have 2 buddy passes.

8. "A&P Mechanic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rome, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rome, NY

I have been working at Champlain Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with. A lot of fun at times.

Cons

Can be very fast or slow. Word is never passed as to what needs to be done. It is a free for all

Advice to Management

communicate

9. "Flight Attendant"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Newark, NJ

Pros

United Airline benefits, travel, meet new people.

Cons

Multiple (5-7) legs a day, low wages, limited flight time

Advice to Management

Huge disconnect from managers to flight attendants although the company is small.

"Stay Away from Crew Scheduling"

Former Employee - Crew Scheduler in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Crew Scheduler in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Champlain Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros about this department. It is the most mismanagement department in the city of Cleveland. And I mean the worst I've ever seen.

Cons

Where to begin. The poor individuals working in this department are pressured, bullied and intimidated. Little to no training but expected to perform by day one.

Advice to Management

The problem has been there for over 5 years and has been protected by upper management. So that makes management a problem too.

11. "what a joke!"

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Champlain Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The mechanics I worked with,freedom to work larger jobs

Cons

management, bad hours, seniority does nothing for you,and management

Advice to Management

lose the buddies of the bar system, The D.O.M. owns a bar and if you drink there you are part of the gang that gets special treatment. Be upfront and honest to mechanics. Maintenance manager with DUI's needs to go,grumpy and worst offender of pressuring young mechanics to sign off unairworthy aircraft.