Chandler Chicco Agency Reviews | Glassdoor

"Sr. Presentation Designer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere
    Everyone is viewed as part of the same team and is easy to work with!
    Great leadership

Cons

Cannot think of any cons

Aug 23, 2017 – Talent Management

We do have a really great creative team who does amazing work! You all rock

2. "It was better before inVentiv"

I worked at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Collaborative. Produces top-notch work. Excellent place to start a career. Great talent here.

Cons

When it was sold to inVentiv, the agency lost its heart and driving force.
    HR never followed up on things they said they would. HR didn't really care.
    Hard to know what level you're at (and how you should be compensated) without titles.
    No clear path for growth.

Advice to Management

Take care of the little guys too.

3. "Toxic/Depressing Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, snacks and booze. Decent pay and most Junior staff was pleasant. Office locations are central and in nice neighborhoods.

Cons

I have to start with the CULTURE. It is TERRIBLE! About the fakest culture I've ever encountered. It just feels so forced and no one genuinely enjoys it but you're expected to attend every event and smile.

Terrible leadership with absolutely no clue on how successful mergers should happen. Selling to Inventiv was the worse decision CCA made, and they could have salvaged it by making sure there was a smooth transition, but they managed to mess that up too.

There is limited upward mobility, not for lack of openings, but because they rather hire from the outside than invest in their current staff.

The offices are open floor plans with no privacy and instead of expanding into new space they keep making workstations smaller and switching over to benching depriving employees of the little privacy and space they had.

The company is about 15 years behind in tech. The systems they use are antiquated and riddled with bugs that no one has cared to fix, instead they just expect you to work around them. Infrastructure in general is lacking and so is support staff for Facilities, HR and IT.

The no title hierarchy leaves a lot of room for confusion, aimless career growth and makes it hard to transition out when trying to get hired somewhere else because you don't have a title that reflects what you did.

HR is the most worthless department at CCA. Just extremely disconnected and fake. I find it comical that they respond to every negative review on glassdoor but can't even return employee's emails when they have valid concerns or issues.

Advice to Management

I would share some, but you could hit them on the face with it and they still wouldn't know what to do with it.

"Can't think of a better place to work in healthcare communications."

Current Employee - Account Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

CCA has it all - smart, passionate people, a managing director who is a true leader, great clients and a place where there are endless possibilities to grow professionally. It has a small agency feel , but also the support of great services, such as digital, creative, consumer, advertising, etc. Work-life balance is one of the best in the industry and leadership truly understands and values that. Staff is treated as adults in terms of time management, as long as quality work is being delivered on time. There are also many people who have been at the agency a very long time and it's inspiring to see their career progression (both within CCA and InVentiv Health). A lot of people also are boomerangs which speaks to all the things the agency has to offer. As an employee, I feel that my opinion is valued, wanted and that I am heard.

Cons

Being part of InVentiv health can lead to some bumps as the parent company tries to implement changes across the board (mandatory trainings, new usernames/passwords - and there are MANY) , etc. It takes time and adjustment.

Advice to Management

continue to put people first and you'll keep attracting the best talent in the industry.

Aug 23, 2017 – Talent Management

We agree - we can't think of a better place to work! Our people are some of the most passionate in the industry and that's why we have such a high boomerang rate and so many employees who have been... More

"A great place to work but too much corporate interference"

I have been working at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time

Pros

There is a great work/life balance, free lunch can't be beat and colleagues are friendly and conscientious.

Cons

I have been working here for a few years and it feels like the only priority is catering to the parent company (Inventiv Health) and business development. I no longer feel like the work I am doing matters. Plus, without titles it's hard to gauge how you are doing and what the next step in your career is. I wish there were clearer steps toward advancement.

Advice to Management

Don't forget where you came from. The culture has changed drastically and it feels forced. Also please have more reasonably priced benefits. For a company of this size, it's a huge cost to employees.

"Opportunity to grow quickly"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"No walls, No titles" culture allows junior staff to grow quickly; Diverse clientele allows for exposure to many areas of healthcare (e.g. Pharmaceutical, medical device, biotech, etc); Free lunch; Open and friendly office culture

Cons

Pitching can be difficult in an open office space and in general, it takes some adjusting to get used to the open space

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage senior staff to mentor junior staff- it doesn't go unnoticed when senior members have the time and are enthusiastic to help junior members grow.

Aug 23, 2017 – Talent Management

What's better than free lunch?! We know the open floor plan can be a challenge. It's hard not to talk to your amazing coworkers all day :-) but we're glad you were able to adjust!

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great oppprtunity to grow and learn more about the healthcare industry. I started as a GT and was given the opportunity to move into full account management. The Senior staff is great to work with and everyone is constantly trying to help you advance in your career. Great office and great team!

Also, very flexible when it comes to work-life balance. Always has been accommodating to last minute doctor appointments, ect.

Cons

Hard to determine how to get promoted with the "no walls, no titles."

Advice to Management

We used to have a lot more activities for culture - this year that seemed to dwindle. Make sure that your hardworking employees are recognized and though we have a lot of work to do and get done, make sure that you reward the team for the hard work.

Aug 23, 2017 – Talent Management

Happy you had such a positive experience - both in the GT program and now. We launched a culture committee last year and would love your suggestions on how to improve our events in your office... More

"Great LA Health Care Agency"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leaders here allow you to grow and play up your strengths

Cons

There is limited space because of the growth rate, but know that is changing very soon

Advice to Management

Continue to get to know your employees and provide guidance for career pathing

Aug 23, 2017 – Talent Management

We recently launched a career path guideline which was developed internally by a group of people just as passionate about career development. Please take a look at that and if you have any... More

"Freedom to Grow..."

Current Employee - Media Specialist in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Media Specialist in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part about working at CCA is the culture. There are truly no walls and no titles. This has given me unmatched opportunities in my career to learn and grow in ways I never thought possible!

Cons

I really don't have any to report!

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the people! The initatives to help current employees grow are making a difference.

Aug 23, 2017 – Talent Management

We totally agree! We love the culture too and are glad you feel like you have the opportunity to grow here. The people are always our number one priority.

10. "Palio Art Director"

Former Employee - Palio Art Director in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Palio Art Director in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free lunch, if you are a drunk you would love this place-lots of free liquor (cheap $2-$5 bottles of wine, beer) here

Cons

Poor management, employees’ average age too young, not enough experience; stop the cut and pasting on your articles. Yoga see thru fabric pants must go\ladies must wear underwear with those pants.

Advice to Management

none, why bother.
    This site needs an update; different CEO.