Chandler Chicco Agency Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Julie Adrian

"One of the Best Agencies to Work For"

Current Employee - Team Lead in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at other agencies and CCA's culture is second to none. The no-walls, no titles culture fosters a supportive, collaborative environment where the sky is really the limit when it comes to opportunities. Work-life balance is a cornerstone of our culture and is actually attainable because all of our teams support each other.

Cons

There are a lot of agencies within the IVHPR network. I'd like to learn more about their offerings and what they do to help us better serve our clients.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. We are in a great groove!

Aug 31, 2016 – Talent Management

We are glad to hear you love working here as much as we do! Stay tuned for an upcoming event that will definitely help you learn more about the different agencies within IVHPR's network :)

"Found My Agency Home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After working at a few agencies, I finally feel I have found my agency home. There is a great mix of interesting accounts and amazing colleagues. From the start, I felt that my individual contribution was respected and appreciated. The leadership also does their best to make sure that people feel valued and that our culture is naturally fun--not forced. Overall, it is a ghost town here after 6pm which is not always the case in our industry. I can work from home when I need and everyone is treated like a adult. That is also a huge plus.

Cons

There are a lot of resources with Inventiv, would be great to learn more about those.

Advice to Management

As we grow, maintain the culture that you have worked hard to shape.

Aug 31, 2016 – Talent Management

We are happy that you feel your contributions are respected and appreciated. That is something we strive for everyday! Have you checked out our newly launched inVentiv Health University? It's a great ... More

"Run Away! Unhealthy, negative work environment."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Free lunches. Nice office space with great view of the Hudson River. Opportunity to work for pharmaceutical and health clients, and gain knowledge on the industry as well as various disease states and treatments.

Cons

As a precursor, let me point out that PR agencies are in fact in the PR business for a reason, and do in fact care about their own PR. So don't be shocked by all of CCA's glowing, positive reviews on Glassdoor. Like any agency, they very much care about their reputation. So it's not surprising that so many of the positive reviews on here either come from people suffering from some form of Stockholm Syndrome or are inspired by management.

Simply put, CCA's work environment is toxic and unhealthy. While there are many nice and hard-working people, especially in the creative studios, social media, IT, research/analytics and media specialist departments, the same can't be said for those in charge. Top managers really set the tone for the entire agency, and trust me, it isn't a good one. After all, they will say and do anything, even if untrue or unfair, to protect themselves and the company's bottom line. I would love to go into further detail and provide specific examples, but in the interest of not violating any kind of employment agreement and sharing "proprietary information," I'll leave it there.

Never in my entire career have I seen grown adults behave in such an unprofessional, cutthroat and vindictive manner. I personally witnessed numerous employees, usually young staffers just beginning their PR careers, repeatedly break out in tears due to the mistreatment by managers and team leaders. And sadly, HR didn't seem to care or take corrective action. I also repeatedly had managers approach me and badmouth and belittle my work colleagues, which again is completely unprofessional and nurtures a negative, rancorous atmosphere.

At CCA, you succeed if you put up and shut up. If you so much as raise a red flag over anything from a missed deadline to billing discrepancies - something that should be appreciated, not scorned by managers - you will automatically become Public Enemy No. 1 and be met with blatant hostility, particularly by the Managing Director. You won't be recognized or rewarded for your hard work and actual achievements (unless you are friends with managers and go out of your way to suck up to them). Thus, it's no surprise the agency has high turnover. People soon realize no job or amount of money is worth putting up with the antics practiced at CCA.

Knowing what I know about the company, the way it treats its employees and how it handles client business, if I were in-house and looking to hire an agency, CCA would definitely not be on my list. That should be telling enough.

Advice to Management

Hold yourselves accountable for your own shortcomings rather than finding the easiest scapegoat and throwing all of the blame their way. Treat others with respect. Stop repeatedly lying to clients and promising them things you know your teams can't deliver. And stop playing favorites. This is the real world, with real people's lives and careers you are impacting, not some reality TV show where drama and mean behavior are the norm.

Aug 17, 2016 – Talent Management

At CCA we care about our reputation. We are extremely proud of the work we do and the people we employ. Our turnover rate is well below industry standard and that is something we are also proud of ... More

"Team Member"

Pros

In a good location of Manhattan, free lunch, nice office space.

Cons

This company has a lot of work to do in terms of genuine support for its staff and organizational structure of projects that are already underway. I received no training from upper management after accepting a position here. Hours are long, all management use the same false language of support but in reality are too frantic chasing after new business. I know this company tries to pull you in with "no titles!" "free lunch!" "great cultural activities!" but please, do not fall for it. There was a lot of turnover while I worked here and managing directors were drowning. Be wary of the most recent glowing reviews from 2016, I bet they were written to pull in new talent.

Advice to Management

I think preaching such positive culture when it seems so forced is a good place to start. It's just uncomfortable and fake. People in leadership roles should really work to develop younger staff. I know everyone is busy, but I think it would benefit the company in the long run.

Aug 17, 2016 – Talent Management

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. I truly do feel like we have an amazing and supportive team here at CCA who would have been happy to spend time training you if you felt you weren’t ... More

"Good place to work"

I worked at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time

Pros

Great work environment, free lunch daily, interesting & fun clients

Cons

There weren't really many cons, aside from long work hours which can be expected at any PR agency

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at other agencies and on the client side with agencies working with me and I have not seen the kind of culture that CCA has been able to build. There are truly limitless opportunities for staff who want to excel in their careers and a supportive environment for people to be able to make mistakes and learn from them. Work/life balance is attainable because the teams support each other and leadership leads by example. Being a part of inVentiv Health also creates opportunities for staff to broaden beyond PR and bring value to clients and their careers. The best-in-class work keeps employees and staff coming back. Can't imagine working at any other agency.

Cons

The agency should market itself more because many people don't know or misunderstand the approach and culture.

Advice to Management

Continue to be mindful of the culture, especially with rapid growth.

8. "Accounts Payable Anlalyst"

Former Employee - Senior Accounts Payable Analyst in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Accounts Payable Analyst in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Chandler Chicco Agency (More than 3 years)

Pros

great teamwork, good environment, free lunch

Cons

lack of growth, professional blockage, simple

"Excellent place to work - lots of opportunities!"

I have been working at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CCA has been an excellent place to work with tremendous opportunities for people at all levels. The "no walls, no titles" mantra encourages collaboration despite people's years of experience. Also, the depth and breadth of experience of the staff in healthcare and the industry is amazing. The staff is passionate about what they do to make people's lives better. There is still the entrepreneurial culture that fosters creativity and learning even by being part of a larger organization of inVentiv Health. Work/life balance is part of the culture here and not just a lip service!

Cons

There can be confusion without job titles if there aren't clear roles/responsibilities outlined.

Advice to Management

Continue to award people for the great work and contributions they are making.

"Amazing collaborative environment"

Current Employee - Team Member in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I have been working at Chandler Chicco Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything! I have worked in other agencies before and none have been as employee friendly as CCA. From the training and development courses that are offered, free lunch/drinks everyday and the no walls/no titles culture, CCA shows how much they value their employees opinions. I enjoy being part of a team and surrounded by smart people working on truly meaningful work.

Cons

There have been some changes over the past few years and like any other company going through changes more communication and transparency from our parent company would be great

Advice to Management

I am happy to be part of the team, can't wait to see what the coming years bring us!

"Decent company for first job..."

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

Pros

I was able to work with various major pharmaceutical clients, which was pretty great as it was my first full-time job.

My team was small and pretty amazing.

I left for another job but the people who stayed seem to be able to climb up the company fairly quickly. If PR is your thing, this is a good company to work for.

Cons

I had work experience and felt that I was overqualified to start as a Graduate Trainee, which is a training program they have for recent college graduates. The pay for that was minimal even though we were doing the same amount of work we would be after the program and a huge group project (in addition).

Upper management doesn't really seem to value the team members, but I find that pretty common in bigger companies. I was lucky to be on a good team, but it seemed like some of the other teams made their entry level associates slave away and work tirelessly (long, long hours).

Advice to Management

Spend some time with all of your teams, don't act so arrogant. Be more helpful than condescending.