Change Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2020

2.7
Change Healthcare President and Chief Executive Officer Neil de Crescenzo (no image)
Neil de Crescenzo
Pros
  • "Fun and challenging industry, good benefits, career opportunities(in 58 reviews)

• "My department promotes a good work/life balance(in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of faith in upper management(in 48 reviews)

• "Gatekeeping/Bureacracy seems to have worsened from legacy McKesson(in 30 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Handling of COVID-19"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Change Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Leadership at CHC for has handled this pandemic situation in a first class way. I think that in the middle of everything going on, it's nice to know that our company is also working for it's employees to ensure we have the ability to be at home with our families and work, while also giving us any sort of PTO that is needed in case any of us come down with the virus. There are so many stresses in what's going on, that it's nice to know that the company worked so hard to transition to a WFH model, that having to go into the office and be exposed is not a stress we have to worry with. The company truly has gone above and beyond. Thank you so much to Senior leadership that have worked so hard to put all of these new policies in place and keep us informed.

Cons

Nothing more than what every other corporate company encounters

March 30, 2020Administrator

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on Glassdoor! It is our top priority to ensure our team members are safe and well during this time while also continuing to serve the healthcare system. We are overjoyed to read that our new policies and processes are making a difference during a very crazy, stressful, and uncertain time. We are glad to have you as a part of the team!

2. "A Culture to Cheer For!"

Current Employee - VP-Technology in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Change Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The culture at the company is one of mutual support, trust, inclusion, and values. You work here because you want to make a difference in something that matters to every one of us, our healthcare. We are on a mission to save money and improve health and outcomes. Who doesn't want to work for a company that has a mission that's that important, and an amazing culture that supports its employees!

Cons

The health insurance plans are not the best, but I think that is the story for many companies.

3. "Review"

Current Employee - QA Analyst II in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Change Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Generous compensation package as a whole.

Cons

Not a ton of room for in specific departments for growth. No clear path for job advancement.

Continue reading
  4. "I am not sure what 'Review Headline' is."

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst II in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Change Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working remote. The company does keep ou informed on what is going on in the corporate setting.

Cons

Not much on merit increases based on your actual performance.

July 13, 2020Administrator

Thank you for the review! It's important to us that our team members are in the know, well informed, and supported with what's going on. We're happy to hear that you feel that way as well! We appreciate you and your feedback!

"Assigned Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) andICD-10 alphanumeric codes to patient reports."

4.0
    Current Employee - Medical Coder in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Change Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Allowed for independent work environment

Cons

Very few, other than questions not always being answered

June 30, 2020Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy to hear that you're enjoying your time with us and we're glad to have you!

6. "Pass on by VBP"

Former Employee - Senior Engineering Specialist in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Change Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

After being on different projects (started with McKesson before purchase), I can talk honesty about the company. People at the bottom are very hardworking no matter what project I'm on there. VBP has a good spec sheet of technological terms. You might get some exposure to them if it benefits the core group. There is a QA person in VBP that is nice, smart, hard-working, and I'm glad to have had lunch conversations with. Does more than required every day. That person's manager is also worthwhile and has good thoughts. Onsite developers, admins, and engineers get the job done. They are friendly and deserve better than they have. VPs seem redeemable at times. Main data guy is the best of them. Other projects have good opportunity for growth and good management. Sites are reasonable quality. Salary is decent Benefits are average HR do a lot

Cons

Company needs a B12 shot. Projects are churning through people and going slower than needed. Effort to off-shore dev and tech is working against them due to bad planning. They need to be honest and protect their onsite people. I survived layoffs there. The VBP Project is what made me leave the company. On paper, the project looks like the best part of the company. In reality, it's not and that's due to the bullying, inexperience, and the poor direction of leads and managers. There are a few people that need to be cleaned up or shown the door. There is a tech lead there who is a good example of what not to be in that role. He thinks he is a leader by pretending to be a tough guy from a foreign military. He uses intimidation to push people and get his way. Just ignore this phony and move past him as that is counter productive. Another person in that project to avoid is the business analyst. That person is Machiavellian and wears a big teflon suit. It's really obvious. Do not trust. Scrum master is full of hot air and also pretends to be a tough guy. Likes to hear himself talk. Just repeats what others say in a louder voice to seem worth hearing. Provides little to no benefit to the project or the company. Client facing people don't get enough credit either.

7. "Nice place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, ME

I have been working at Change Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great people and interesting work

Cons

Some minor mgmt issues with restructuring

June 25, 2020Administrator

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with us and we encourage you to share specific and confidential feedback with your People Solutions Business Partner or our confidential ER hotline regarding management issues that you mention. It's important to us that all of our team members, people leaders or not, exude our Leadership DNA behaviors and values. Thanks again for the review and we're happy to have you!

8. "Okay company, bad middle management"

Former Employee - Medical AR Representative

I worked at Change Healthcare full-time

Pros

Benefits, PTO & holidays, flexible schedule,

Cons

Favoritism. No advancement unless you are pals with the right people. Bad employees get away with murder for much too long, while good employees pick up the slack and have no real opportunities to move up.

9. "TOLD 40HR/ WK? HA!! & PAY WAS INSULTING"

Current Employee - Field Reviewer in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Change Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you don't want to really work, you hardly ever will.= not so much work/ life balance?

Cons

Pay by the file, piece work, no hours, work on your time with no comp. They have so many employees they can’t remember you exist; & they don’t bother trying. Cant apply for a new position for a year. I don't even know who management is. My manager never once sent an email or contacted me in any way whatsoever. He was just a name on an org chart. I'm not exaggerating.

10. "Struggling"

Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Change Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company well positioned, valuable assets

Cons

Struggling to execute on vision

June 22, 2020CEO

Thanks for your post. We have been communicating in our Town Halls (including those by our EVP of Enterprise Technology, Steven Martin) the progress on executing our strategy, but as you have concerns, please talk to your manager or ask a question or comment to me or others on our internal social network so we can reply there for everyone in the company to see our responses and ensure we discuss any ways we can improve.

Found 961 reviews