Change Healthcare Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

3.4
Change Healthcare President and Chief Executive Officer Neil de Crescenzo (no image)
Neil de Crescenzo
Pros
  • "good benefits health 401k stock(in 57 reviews)

• "My department promotes a good work/life balance(in 52 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management does not know what their employees role is so they are caught unaware when they leave and nobody knows how to do the job(in 49 reviews)

• "Merging with McKesson caused some disconnect and confusion across departments(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Change Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Challenging environment

Nov 18, 2020 - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff and educated team members.

Cons

Overall operations and client requests can be burdensome at times.

2 people found this review helpful

Administrator

We appreciate your review, and are glad to hear that you would recommend us. We're so proud of our team members for living up to our core values and providing a friendly environment where we can all work and grow together.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Company to work

May 6, 2021 - Senior Manager in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive leadership, flexible hours and very thoughtful decisions over COVID.

Cons

None that I can think of.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

2 years of hard work and growth toxic relationships lies to customer Set up for failure Moved on to a better

Apr 20, 2021 - Client Analyst II in Donelson, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mon-Fri, HSA account, 401k match,

Cons

Leadership doesn’t know what you do day-to-day. You’re on your own. I received poor direction from my supervisor who then wrote me up for doing what he said. I experienced personal issues that put me in the hospital. I was questioned, and basically called a liar. Um let’s see Employee Relations is a joke. They’re so uninvolved they have no clue what you’re talking about when you tell them about your work. Let’s see, my supervisor wanted to get me into another role, then decided he didn’t any more, so then magically there was a policy that said I couldn’t change roles. Hmmm, had a phenomenal manager who was super supportive, gave me a 23% raise, then later pretty much turned their back to me, but never explained why. New “leadership” took over and just tried to run me out. Hmmm a friend got me the job, and working at the same place seemed to be detrimental to our friendship. Great place to teach yourself, because you’re all alone when it comes time for someone to back you up. Great place to learn apathy, out of necessity. Also, a great place to dislike, and find new skills to do something you do like. All and all, through all of these negative experiences I’m now prepared to deal with this anywhere I go. Never ever again will I blindly trust any leadership. Great news is I am leadership now, and my leaders are phenomenal.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, Great Benefits, Great People

Apr 6, 2021 - Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Change Healthcare has treated me great ever since I started. The benefits are top notch and your work is valued heavily by your peers. There is a ton of room to grow within this company and all managers I have worked under have been extremely understanding and genuinely care about helping you progress. Time off is almost treated as mandatory by management to ensure that all employees have a good work / life balance. Even during the COVID-19 pandemic and working at home all staff has worked hard to not get burnt out by having team happy hours and other sorts of virtual get togethers.

Cons

Unless you're on a development team you are given a Dell laptop which operates pretty slowly. Internal employee help desk can be very frustrating at times - some days it takes hours or even days to fix small issues on laptop.

Administrator

Thank you so much for the review - we are thrilled to read that you're enjoying your time with us so far! It is very important to us that our employees have the best experience possible during their career with us. For this reason, we launched our Employee Experience initiative a little over a year ago and we have an entire workstream dedicated to Technology. We always welcome specific feedback so be sure that you take a few minutes to complete our surveys to share your thoughts so that we can continue to improve! Thanks again for the review! We're happy to have you as a part of our team.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not What It Used To Be

Apr 22, 2021 - Senior Financial Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They really pride themselves on work-life balance (an remnant of the old McKesson days pre-COVID).

Cons

They don’t keep up with the market in terms of salaries and technology. Our internal systems are terrible and slow. Ever since the acquisition with McKesson, CHC has pretty much had an identity crisis trying to get out of McKesson’s shadow and becoming a public company.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Its okay

May 7, 2021 - Project Manager in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff is okay , good pay

Cons

being purchased by optum, scary time for transitions, will be plenty of layoffs soon

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Versatile in Covid Workflows

May 4, 2021 - Data Analyst II
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible management with work from home schedule/life adjustments, transparent about office closure/permanent remote changes.

Cons

Withheld bonuses despite closing offices for financial gain.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

A Business Unit In Decline

Jan 27, 2021 - Health Care Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to start a career Meaningful work Love building relationships with our client and their patients Great job for those who are detail oriented and aren't afraid of hard work

Cons

Low pay, slow pay growth Management is out of touch across the board, doesn't seem to know what the HCR job entails Micromanagement is encouraged Disappointing response to COVID19 pandemic--did not have a plan in place to safely transition to work from home nor did they provide adequate PPE to those who could not work from home.

1 person found this review helpful

Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's encouraging to hear that you loved the work we get to do every day to inspire a better healthcare system! We did want to take some time to address some of your concerns. COVID-19 has certainly not been easy on anybody, and companies everywhere had to be agile to quickly change the way they do business to ensure the safety of team members. We ensured that PPE was provided to all onsite staff and workplace safety measurements were put into place. Regarding leadership, everybody is expected to follow our Leadership DNA which includes driving results and accountability. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package which is reviewed annually, and keeps up with market trends for the role and location. If you have more details to provide that we can follow up on, please consider reaching out to our EthicsLine (www.changehealthcareethicsline.com). Thanks again!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

May 5, 2021 - Senior Client Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, lots of growth and opportunity.

Cons

Most weeks and days consisted of long hours.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Innovative industry, no work/life balance

May 5, 2021 - People Solutions
      Business Outlook

Pros

IT healthcare is innovative and thriving industry.

Cons

Some business units runs extremely lean, causing unmanageable workloads, and vast differences in how that workload is spread through the team. If you are a leader, you will be in the weeds because you will likely not have enough resources. Salaries are low compared to the scope of work you will handle.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,228 Reviews