KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Change Healthcare Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 70 of over 1,437 reviews

3.3
Change Healthcare President and Chief Executive Officer Neil de Crescenzo (no image)
Neil de Crescenzo
Pros
  • "good benefits health 401k stock(in 57 reviews)

• "My department promotes a good work/life balance(in 52 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management does not know what their employees role is so they are caught unaware when they leave and nobody knows how to do the job(in 49 reviews)

• "Merging with McKesson caused some disconnect and confusion across departments(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Change Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jan 4, 2021 - Healthcare Representative in Somerville, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible schedule - Good work/life balance -Great Management -Competitive Pay

Cons

None that I can think of

Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and thanks for recommending! It's great to hear that you loved your flexible work schedule. Work/life balance is a must in order for our team members to stay energized toward creating a better healthcare system. It's great to see that you were able to see those efforts. We appreciate your review, and for everything you contributed to our company! Have a great New Year.

2. 5.0

Love the company's direction

Jan 21, 2020 - Remote Medical Coder in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

My department promotes a good work/life balance. The supervisors and managers are supportive and caring, and leadership is working hard to promote a positive culture. IT support seems to be improving. The in-house coding education team is amazing. Coders are given all the tools they need to do their jobs well. The new employee recognition program is pretty great! I have heard about layoffs in the past, but have not experienced any in my department. We lose clients sometimes, but the general trend is more and more clients and hiring more coders. I would highly recommend employment with Change Healthcare as a medical coder. You'll grow as a coder and learn from the best. My suggestions for getting the most out of your "worker bee" job: engage in the programs offered, get involved with the Change Healthcare community, participate in the communication forums, employee groups, and surveys, look outside the box to find ways to contribute to your team's success, and give honest feedback to leadership.

Cons

I've only worked with one group of people at Change, so I can't speak to the issues being raised by some of the people leaders and team members on glassdoor. The major health insurance benefits being offered are not appealing, though the dental and vision are good. There haven't been any performance reviews or opportunities to earn a raise or promotion since I started the job.

Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We loved reading your feedback for so many reasons. It is wonderful to hear that you're taking advantage of the many great resources and programs that Change Healthcare has to offer! And although Change Healthcare no longer does "formal" reviews, your manager should be having quarterly OKR conversations with you to discuss your goals, how your performing, and any development opportunities. If this isn't happening, I would encourage you to chat with your leader about it. If for any reason you don't feel comfortable doing so, please reach out to your People Solutions Business Partner. Thank you again for the review - and we're so happy to have you with us!

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

All positives except a micro-managing CEO

May 12, 2020 - Director in Alpharetta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Challenging work environment Smart staff, EVPs and mid-management Flexible work life balance Competitive pay Growth and strong financial position w diverse client base

Cons

All pros except for a micro-managing CEO who does not have a COO because he wants to be in the weeds, dictate to manager-level and above how to do their jobs, and does not know how to delegate. This behavior keeps many from thinking creatively and constantly sends the workforce spinning out as they try to chase down often irrelevant leads or put out fires on a weekly basis that stem from the CEO’s weekend emails to mid-level staff requesting specific actions that might or might not be duplicative or in line with departmental strategies that he is not aware of due to his limited time/scope.

4 people found this review helpful

Administrator

Thank you for the review. I agree with the author that if I am engaged unhelpfully in what is perceived as micro-managing (although I expect I am thinking of it as being helpful!), the relevant ELT member should bring it up and eliminate this practice. I will bring this up more often with them to ensure they know I want them to do so. Every year I complete a “New Leader Assimilation” (next month) with an independent facilitator where the ELT members confidentially provide constructive criticism and improvement opportunities for me that are then de-personalized, provided to me, then turned into the personal OKRs that they, the Board of Directors and I hold me accountable for during the fiscal year. I’ll make sure this one is a focus this year. We have some of the most talented and ambitious people in the healthcare industry in those middle management ranks you mention. We want to support them as they innovate and add ever more value for our customers. But we believe they and our customers will equally benefit by challenging ourselves daily to do more, innovate faster and operate more efficiently as we inspire a better healthcare system — now more than ever. - Neil de Crescenzo, President & CEO

4. 3.0

Decent Company, Culture is Absent

Sep 21, 2020 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company poised at the forefront of a rapidly growing field Competitive benefits Responsive to COVID-19 concerns Work-life balance

Cons

Company culture is lacking. There's little done to engage the employees in a cohesive way, even pre-COVID when everyone was onsite. Internal movement seems limited, but there is always new hiring going on.

7 people found this review helpful

Administrator

We're glad to hear that you have a positive work life balance and would recommend us! Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. Regarding internal movement, we believe in promoting from within when possible and are absolutely committed to employing the best candidates for approved positions. If you would like to learn more about career opportunities and advancement, we would encourage you to talk to your people leader about our Career Development Center where you can find guidance, tools and resources to help navigate through your career journey at Change Healthcare. In addition, we care deeply about all of our employees and would like to hear more about your experience. If you would like to provide more feedback, we would encourage you to please contact our EthicsLine. Thank you!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Work/Life Balance

Oct 21, 2020 - Softwaree Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life Balance is emphasized Startup mentality on some teams Focus on bleeding edge tech

Cons

Massive red-tape gates Tough to understand career advancement Sales prior to any engineering effort Subpar stock compensation for tech industry

Administrator

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your honest feedback. It's great to hear that work/life balance is being emphasized and that our team members are continuing to champion innovation! Regarding career advancement, we would love for you to talk to your People Leader about our Career Development Center to find guidance, tools and resources to help employees navigate through their career journey at Change Healthcare. We also strive to have open lines of communication between our leadership and team members. If you feel comfortable, we would love to talk with you more. Please consider reaching out to your People Solutions Business Partner. Thank you!

6. 1.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Terrible treatment of consultants and environment that tolerates bullies

Oct 31, 2020 - Engagement Manager in Phila, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive & professional co-workers, WFH, compensation

Cons

Poor treatment of contractors, no performance feedback given and laid off with no notice or reason. Not allowed to express a different opinion than manager or suggest improvements to make work/life balance achievable.

Administrator

Thank you for leaving a review. We can assure you that we have zero tolerance for bullying of any type, and are saddened to hear that this was your experience. We hope that you'll reach out to our EthicsLine to report more details so that we can investigate these claims, where you can do so anonymously. Please go to changehealthcareethicsline.com.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Dec 23, 2020 - Accounts Receivable in Queensbury, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, work life balance and the work is satisfactory.

Cons

The pay is considerably lower than what we should be paid.

Administrator

It's so great to hear that you're loving the work life balance and benefits. Our team members are the heart of everything we do to inspire a better healthcare system. Regarding pay, we strive to offer competitive rates for all positions, taking experience and location into account. We would encourage you to talk with your People Solutions Business Partner to discuss any further concerns. We're incredibly happy to have you as a part of our team!

8. 2.0

TOLD 40HR/ WK? HA!! & PAY WAS INSULTING

Jul 2, 2020 - Field Reviewer in Spokane, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you don't want to really work, you hardly ever will.= not so much work/ life balance?

Cons

Pay by the file, piece work, no hours, work on your time with no comp. They have so many employees they can’t remember you exist; & they don’t bother trying. Cant apply for a new position for a year. I don't even know who management is. My manager never once sent an email or contacted me in any way whatsoever. He was just a name on an org chart. I'm not exaggerating.

5 people found this review helpful

Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to hear that you've had this experience with us. We are concerned with your statement about management. It's incredibly important to us that all of our leaders and our team members embody our Leadership DNA competencies - one of which is Align and that includes Fosters Teamwork and Communicates Effectively. If you have specific examples of your manager not doing these things, we encourage you to reach out to Employee Relations or our confidential hotline to give additional details. It's critical that we know specifics so that we can take the proper action. Thanks again for your feedback!

9. 1.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Save yourself

Sep 29, 2020 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most people are good people

Cons

I was terribly unlucky to be involved in a project that demanded a lot. On the 1-1 conversations with one of the people I'm working with, each time, my stress levels are through the roof. There was one week I hardly slept, maybe just 2 hours each night, because I felt threatened and depressed. I was told that I was supposed to be feeling anxious and if things did not improve, there were going to be problems. First of all in my opinion, their processes are the problem. There were unreasonable expectations and things changed weekly and for some reason, I was blamed for it. I heard horrible, horrible, horrible things that left me questioning my worth as a professional and as a person. The most frustrating part of this whole experience is that I left a better paying job with better people with better work-life balance for this job only to feel like I was verbally abused. I suffered trauma and sought professional help through counseling. I worked with plenty of difficult people in the past, but I've never lost sleep nor cried randomly during the day because of it. I learned that some other people had gone through the same thing and had since left that project. I felt like I was hoodwinked into accepting. Work-life balance is basically non-existent. People work from very early in the morning (maybe 4 or 5 am) to very late at night (I was going online at 11PM). It was the most horrible professional experience I've ever had. Management is only interested in money - saving money, getting more money, letting go of people. A company that does not care about the well-being of its people is NOT a company that is worth working for AT ALL.

Administrator

We are deeply saddened to hear about your experience. Please know that we do not tolerate any type of misconduct and would like to look into this matter further. We would encourage you to contact our EthicsLine, which is available so that you can confidentially report your experience in more detail so that we may take the appropriate actions. If you wish to remain anonymous in reporting your concern, you may do so and we can communicate with you confidentially. We hold all leaders and team members to a high standard. Everybody is expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner and to live up to our core values. In addition, the well-being of our team members is a top priority and we do not condone unhealthy circumstances to meet work demands. Again, we hope that you’ll report your experience to our EthicsLine so that we may follow up and take the appropriate actions. Please use this link to report online or via phone: https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/media/en/gui/73201/report.html —Linda Whitley-Taylor, EVP, Chief People Officer

10. 3.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

A complete mess

Oct 27, 2020 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get a paycheck at least

Cons

Work life balance Mandatory yet non-existent timelines everything else

Administrator

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. In order to address your concerns, we would encourage you to contact our Employee Relations team to provide further details. If you would like to anonymously report more information, you can contact our EthicsLine to do so. Please know that we strongly encourage a positive work life balance, and hope that you'll reach out with more details so that we can investigate. Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Reviews