KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated Jun 8, 2021

3.9
ChannelAdvisor CEO David Spitz
David Spitz
Pros
  • "Great benefits, awesome team play, great boss(in 23 reviews)

• "Latest Tech, Great Bonuses, Great People and Atmosphere,(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Inside Sales is a school for learning how to cheat and go behind people's backs to get ahead(in 9 reviews)

• "Work from home expenses (internet, phone, power) not covered(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Love it

Apr 20, 2021 - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training great. My manager is extremely approachable and understanding. I enjoy learning about companies and brands and what we do allows me to do that.

Cons

I do not have anything bad to say.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback, and I’m glad to hear your experience has been great so far! Feel free to email me any time if you have suggestions for things we could do better. And good luck in your role! David (CEO)

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Looking for an AE role? Keep looking...CA is constantly rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic...

Jun 8, 2021 - Sales Account Executive in Morrisville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- ecom is growing, so reps with good/big current accts can upsell and ride the growth wave of ecommerce - strong DEI program that supports diversity - ecom is an interesting & engaging space - flexible WFH policy is nice post-covid - selling both products & managed services is engaging - meet some good/nice people who have been there a while and are very comfortable

Cons

- reps who are not Sr. AE's are NOT set up for success = revolving door of turnover and no bench for the future - non-senior AE's are basically well paid BDR/SDR's (you spend 95% of your time prospecting and 5% of the time learning how to sell/close deals) - ChannelAdvisor was first to the space and was the leader, but now they are spread wide/thin as a jack of all trades, master of none... - a lot of good/experienced talent (including leadership) has left and gone to better organizations

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to learn sales!

May 21, 2021 - Business Development Representative (BDR) in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great SDR/BDR managers in a growing market to learn sales. The culture is great with many fun outings and team events. You're celebrated adequately for hard work and success.

Cons

The competition is very heavy in this market, market restrictions by major players in e-commerce, and the length of time from BDR to AE.

Chief Executive Officer

Appreciate the feedback! Love the positive experience you’ve had, especially the training and learning opportunities. Feel free to share additional feedback with me anytime! David (CEO)

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Mostly Good

Apr 20, 2021 - Software Engineer in Morrisville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall I love working at CA. Most people on the engineering team are a pleasure to work with and management is always accessible. Executive leadership is very transparent and truly cares about feedback, even if they only action on the easy things. Tech wise, while CA doesn't have the most modern stack, and of course ugly legacy code exists, for the most part the development processes are great and remove a lot of tedious work that you may find at other companies. As we have a flat hierarchy, everyone has equal opportunity to contribute at whatever level they want. If you have the initiative, you can do pretty much anything. You get a yearly stipend for training. You get 2 days each month as "dev choice" time to do whatever you want. Bonuses are paid out quarterly as opposed to annually and often exceed the target. While work is fast-paced, work life balance is awesome and most people work a normal 40 hour week, if even that much. Also, e-commerce is an exciting space to be in. Finally, my manager is just awesome.

Cons

Some passengers. Attrition is low in engineering and it seems that some people have become very settled. The lack of professionalism and work ethic that some engineers are allowed to get away with due to their knowledge is mind-blowing. Everyone knows what is going on but management seems too afraid to "rock the boat" and tell people to do their jobs. This can be frustrating in a fast-paced job like this where you have to rely on your teammates. The flat structure has pros, but it comes with downsides. There is no tangible measure of advancement beyond your own satisfaction. HR tries to tell you they pay for performance, but since there are no promotions with pay bands to fit you into, pay does not equally scale with your growth. The company is saying they are being more aggressive with pay increases but salary adjustments are never competitive in the tech space. You are supposed to compensate for that with RSUs, but RSUs are now only awarded to the top few people in the department so you're probably not getting them. The paternity (or called secondary caregiver by the company to avoid gendering) leave is only 2 weeks, meanwhile many local and remote tech companies offer 3-4 MONTHS. The company claims to be forward-thinking but the concept of giving two parents unequal amounts of leave is archaic and disappointing, especially in the tech world where most engineers are male and going to fall into the secondary caregiver role. Hiring for engineering is almost exclusively focused overseas now. While we still are hiring quality candidates, I've seen this at other companies and it's a dangerous line to walk.

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Executive Officer

Great feedback! Thanks for taking the time to share it. Appreciate the nod to transparency and feedback as that’s super important to us, me included. Also appreciate the note about leave for non-primary caregivers. We’ll give that a look to see if a change is warranted. David (CEO)

5. 5.0

SDR

Apr 7, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company, great atmosphere, reasonable targets

Cons

Hard work, but rewarding. Location, rtp

Chief Executive Officer

Appreciate the positive comments! I think of the “hard work, rewarding” combo as a pro not a con ;). And if you don’t like RTP, we have Denver, London, Ireland, Madrid, Berlin, Melbourne, Southend on Sea, and of course remote locations everywhere!! :) David (CEO)

6. 4.0

ChannelAdvisor Review

Feb 20, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Decent pay. Talented people. Fun office environment.

Cons

Typical agency stress. Processes constantly changing.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback! Let me know if you want to share any specifics around your comments on benefits/bonus, please feel free to reach out directly, I’m always interested in feedback. David (CEO)

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growing company

Feb 8, 2021 - Manager in Morrisville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

transparency, flexibility, growth minded, fair

Cons

ecommerce is volatile, we need a better internal training structure.

Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for the feedback and more importantly for the long tenure and commitment! Yes, e-commerce is a fast-changing space, no kidding! I’d love to hear from you about training ideas if you’d like to share your experience on that front. We’re always looking to improve! David (CEO)

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not having all of the tools for your trade.

Oct 12, 2020 - Sales Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

+Fantastic sales team comradery. +Excellent tool for enterprise level e-com customers

Cons

-Massive bureaucracy -Below average/non competitive market pay and bonuses -Work from home expenses (internet, phone, power) not covered. -Bad leadership; say one thing and do another. -Regular 10 hour work days -Out of date systems -Not enough low level e-com offerings -Services teams kill your deals. -Almost unattainable goals and quotas. -Insufficient training. -Lack of accurate, or updated documentation. -Unsupportive leadership. -Inability to fulfill customer needs due to insufficient and frustrated overworked staff.

5 people found this review helpful

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for the feedback. David (CEO)

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 25, 2021 - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, fun place to work

Cons

None that I think are worth highlighting

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! Feel free to shoot me a note any time you have ideas for us to be even better! David (CEO)

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 11, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in Morrisville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great manager, no micromanaging, decent pay

Cons

I haven't experienced any downsides.

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you, love to hear how happy you are. Give me a shout if you ever have any feedback on something we can improve! David (CEO)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 263 Reviews