Cover image for ChannelAdvisor

70 Comments

Tech

468.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=ChannelAdvisor~140231
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people here are great and I learned so much.(in 40 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and well established in the area.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and Great People to Work with!!!!!!(in 21 reviews)
  • "Great team and I really liked the people.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Great Managers(in 13 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad management and unable to compete in the region.(in 23 reviews)
  • "No training at all(in 16 reviews)
  • "Bad leadership; say one thing and do another.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Bad salary if you join at a starter level and try to work your way up!(in 7 reviews)
  • "No work from home policy as SLT doesn't think it can trust it's employees, which is disappointing(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ChannelAdvisor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love ChannelAdvisor

Dec 2, 2022 - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic Work culture with great management. Great place to work within the booming eCommerce tech sales industry. They do not micromanage and are a fantastic place to develop your skills.

Cons

Pay seems slightly below industry standard but well worth the mental health you save at places that will pay slightly more and grind you to the bone.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Nov 22, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and great management team

Cons

Not any cons that I have found

3. Join the ChannelAdvisor team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Good Worklife balance

Nov 8, 2022 - BI Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Work life balance and work culture

Cons

N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

5. 4.0

Great Experience Overall

Nov 7, 2022 - Client Strategy Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great benefits and PTO time -Approachable managers who encourage work-life balance -Lots of great employee resource groups and social opportunities despite being remote -Well-known industry leader -Constantly evolving product and industry

Cons

-Base pay lower than many remote companies in similar space -Product is complex and is relied on for varying functions by each client so it takes quite a while to learn enough to feel knowledgeable even with training

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company

Nov 2, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible support from teams especially since working fully remote - great leadership

Cons

none so far after 1 year here

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for the awesome feedback! David (CEO)

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company and Culture!!!

Oct 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing EMT. This is a great company with a very inclusive culture. HR goes out of their way to help and accommodate you. Managers and leaders genuinely care about you as a person. Truly makes you feel valued here

Cons

No big or real cons here

2 people found this review helpful

Chief Executive Officer

Wow, thank you for the kind words! David (CEO)

8. 5.0

Na

Oct 3, 2022 - Finance in Morrisville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dynamic work environment for all to succeed.

Cons

No consistency with decision making

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Executive Officer

Thank you… would love to hear more about your decision-making comment, if you are willing to share. David (CEO)

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fine

Oct 13, 2022 - Account Executive in Morrisville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment. Decent Pay

Cons

Just an ok product. ICP is niche.

2 people found this review helpful

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great benefits, great people

Sep 7, 2022 - Content Manager in Morrisville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

A very teamwork-oriented culture, with a focus on finding solutions instead of looking for blame; terrific health benefits and a strong focus from HR on employee well-being, including mental wellness while maintaining respect and appreciation for neurodiversity.

Cons

Needs improvements in onboarding and training, but improvements are currently in progree

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Executive Officer

Wow, 20+ years with us… THANK YOU! You have witnessed so much growth and change and been a part of quite a journey! Thank you for sharing your feedback. David (CEO)

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do Not Work Here!!

Oct 13, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Comp package is good for those who can actually sell this product (people on my team had been there almost a year with no sell)

Cons

Sales managers have little training before taking on a team They promote workplace culture and happy employees, but I've yet to see it Training is 18 months because so many people quit over how complicated the product is Very little support from management or HR unless it's to congratulate a sale They will withhold paychecks without legal reasoning (they owe me 2 paychecks) I got pregnant while working here and extremely sick to the point I felt like I was dying most days. I had extensive doctors notes, too. As soon as HR found out I was recommended to bed rest the remainder of my pregnancy, they went out of their way to be hostile towards me, lie about hours I was working so they could justify not paying me and they ended up firing me for missing too much work for doctors appointments and emergency hospital visits. They also did not offer me the option to reapply for my job after giving birth. I was told i was an undue financialhardship to the company. Up until my pregnancy I had done nothing wrong (not that pregnancy is a crime) and was a by the book good employee with extreme excitement over my career at ChannelAdvisor. Now I give birth in 6 weeks with no job, no health insurance and a husband who just got out of the Army as a combat veteran. My job was supporting this pregnancy and a veteran and now we are totally screwed over. Glad Roe v Wade was passed but ChannelAdvisor still is unfair to pregnant women and they clearly don't respect our veterans. I am disgusted with this job. Just don't even apply at this place.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 337 Reviews
</>Embed

ChannelAdvisor Reviews FAQs

ChannelAdvisor has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 353 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at ChannelAdvisor to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, ChannelAdvisor employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at ChannelAdvisor. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

75% of ChannelAdvisor employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ChannelAdvisor 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at ChannelAdvisor to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with ChannelAdvisor Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at ChannelAdvisor? Share Your Experiences

ChannelAdvisor logo

ChannelAdvisor Careers

Cover image for ChannelAdvisor

Our Promise What do our employees love about working at ChannelAdvisor? The Teamwork You will have the best team beside...More

• Culture
  • Careers
  • Spotlights
  • Job of the Week

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

378 days ago

Company News
During her job search, Megan Gilhooly wanted something challenging with a positive team atmosphere, and ChannelAdvisor checked all the boxes. ✔️ With #ecommerce changing daily and a collaborative team, Megan says she's excited to see where ChannelAdvisor takes her. 📢 Join a #winningteam filled with #passionate, #collaborative, and #hardworking people working together to make ChannelAdvisor a first choice for brands and retailers worldwide. Discover your dream job by visiting our Careers page via the ChannelAdvisor homepage (link in the bio). #lovewhereyouwork #jobsearch #teamwork #salesjobs #techjobs #ecommerce #brands #retailers #careers #goals #leadership #oneteam
Shared image - Meet Google Drive - One place for all your files
Meet Google Drive - One place for all your files
accounts.google.com

469 days ago

Company News
Congratulations to ChannelAdvisor's CEO on his recent award recognition!🎉 Learn more about David, including his commitment to #diversity, #equity & #inclusion, #flexiblework, and how he helps his global team navigate the acceleration of #ecommerce.
Shared image

ChannelAdvisor Photos

+ Add Photo
ChannelAdvisor photo of: Pictures from our recent Insite China event in Shenzhen. Over 600 retailers gathered to hear the latest global e-commerce trends impacting sellers in China.
ChannelAdvisor photo of: Employee Spotlight - Lisa Woods

Bandwidth Logo
Bandwidth

4.3

Compare

Glassdoor has 353 ChannelAdvisor reviews submitted anonymously by ChannelAdvisor employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if ChannelAdvisor is right for you.