Chapelwood UMC Reviews | Glassdoor

Chapelwood UMC Reviews

4.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I manage of team that provides catering and beverage solutions for a 5000 + members and guest."

Current Employee - Director of Catering and Beverage Services in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Catering and Beverage Services in Houston, TX

I have been working at Chapelwood UMC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am able to be creative, inspire and develop people, provide challenging but nurturing work environment, and develop positive relational experiences with my team, guest, volunteers, and members.

Cons

I have reached my goals and have developed a sustainable system that is ready for its next leader. Provide more career opportunity pathways for current leaders who have contributed positively to the growth of the organization

Advice to Management

Continue to provide positive leadership, and allow the gifts of the people you have grow the organization in an ever changing marketplace.

2. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Chapelwood UMC (More than 10 years)

Pros

staff, leadership, benefits, pay, flexability,

Cons

leadership, communication, freedom to explore

3. "It was the best job I ever had in my life! It was, by no means, perfect but challenging, fair and fun."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Chapelwood UMC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, Enjoyable, Challenging, Busy, Great People, Spiritual Growth if desired.

Cons

The leaders are ministers, not necessarily good managers and supervisors.

Advice to Management

Employee appreciation and management's involvement with employees is a key ingredient in the employees' success.

"Challenging and fast paced environment that offers satisfying and fulfilling work"

Pros

There is lots of room for creativity and it is great if you are a self starter and have a lot of vision and motivation.

Cons

There is little to no training, managerial or mentoring support. Expect to be on your own. Its a sink or swim environment.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your employees and they will make it a richer place for generations to come. Stop treating employees and their families as though they are disposable.