Charisma Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

Charisma Brands Reviews

Updated Aug 30, 2019

4.5
Charisma Brands CEO Tony Shutts (no image)
Tony Shutts
  1. "Great opportunity for intern !"

Former Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Charisma Brands for less than a year

Pros

I loved my coworkers and it was great experience for me to be intern at Charisma Brands. They have great team members and even you intern you learn a lot from them. I worked at Adora Designer team and i able to attend all meetings and share opinion freely. It was really nice to involve design and share ideas. Everyone is so creative and passionate ! I loved to work Charisma Brands with all great people!!

Cons

Everything was nice but bathroom is share with other company next building so sometimes you have to wait little bit. Lunch you can have your own lunch at Cafeteria and there is refrigerator which all share. Everything is prepared!

Charisma Brands2019-08-30
  2. "Entrepreneurial & collaborative cuture"

Current Employee - Director of Digital Marketing

I have been working at Charisma Brands full-time for less than a year

Pros

Charisma Brands is a fast paced, energetic place to work with some very creative and entrepreneurial employees. The team are dedicated and passionate about the products which makes the marketing team's job a dream. Upper management have a good balance of supporting and encouraging career growth without micromanaging. Early finish and free breakfasts every Friday, all year round is also a nice bonus!

Cons

The office space can be a little limited for certain situations, but the open plan layout suits the team culture well.

Charisma Brands2019-08-23

"Poor management, no respect for employee's over worked under paid !"

I have been working at Charisma Brands full-time for more than a year

Pros

A true sense of being part of a family.

Cons

Small Company so salaries are not on par with the industry. Benefit costs are fairly high. 401K matching is low. Management gets involve in every aspect of the business putting a lot of pressure on all the workers. Inconsistent hours of working due to the demands of job.

Advice to Management

Show respect for employee's, watch dirty language used in work place.

Charisma Brands2019-05-14

"Red Flag! Reviews needs to be approved by Management"

I worked at Charisma Brands full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of talented hard working employees.

Cons

- Very high pressure to do more with less. - Weak Management, no respect for employee's over worked under paid. - Too much load of work making due day impossible to reach.

Advice to Management

Trying to create a product for 21 Century Kids with Management following practices from the 20 Century with a model done on the 19 Century. Think about it.

Charisma Brands2019-04-30
  5. "Charisma Brands - Great Company - Quality Dolls"

Current Freelancer - Designer

I have been working at Charisma Brands for more than 10 years

Pros

I have produced many dolls for Charisma Brands for more than 10 years. It has been a great experience. It has been my experience that everyone has been easy to work with. They give great direction and also work together with the artist to ensure that the doll is the best it can be. I have been thankful for the many years working together with them creating quality dolls for people to enjoy.

Cons

None at this time. Any minor issues in the past have always been addressed and resolved.

Charisma Brands2019-02-11
  6. "Great Place to Work with Opportunities to Advance"

Former Contractor - Marketing Consultant

I worked at Charisma Brands

Pros

Fast-paced and exciting work day. Intelligent and creative people with a very committed management team who are focused on employees. Dedication and hard work are expected, but you'll be rewarded with opportunities to advance and learn a lot about the toy and collectibles industries. I enjoyed working with their very talented team and seeing the daily enthusiasm and focus they all had in producing fun, quality... products that bring so much joy to their customers. The fact they actively give back to the community is definitely a plus.

Cons

It's a growing company which means you'll have some long days, but that's not unusual for the industry.

Advice to Management

Continue being the great team you are!

Charisma Brands2019-02-10
  7. "Fun projects with a great Art Director"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Packaging Designer

I have been working at Charisma Brands for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been freelancing for Charisma for a few years and it is always a fun, enjoyable, and productive experience.

Cons

Have not yet experienced any.

Charisma Brands2019-02-08
  8. "Great place to work!"

Current Freelancer - Toy Designer

I have been working at Charisma Brands for more than a year

Pros

I have been freelancing at Charisma from 2016. The dolls and products are well-made in high quality. I personally love their designs. Peggy and Elma are very clear on giving direction, and it has been always easy to work with them. I also did in-house freelance for a few months when the main designer was on maternity leave. Though the commute from where I lived was long, Peggy was very flexible with my work time... so I didn't have to drive through heavy traffic. Great place to work!

Cons

Can't think of anything.

Charisma Brands2019-02-09

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Laguna Hills, CA

I have been working at Charisma Brands full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Collaborative environment with great co-workers -Fun Fridays; free breakfast and get out of the office early at 2pm -Satisfying to see how our products positively impact our customers lives -Lots of room for career growth

Cons

-Last minute requests/projects can be stressful but that is a part of the consumer product industry

Charisma Brands2019-02-04

"Like family"

Former Freelancer - Photographer in Lake Forest, CA

I worked at Charisma Brands for more than 10 years

Pros

Great culture and team environment

Cons

parking spaces are small

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and value the needs of the folks that have been the backbone of the company for many years and give them the tools they need to grow the company.

Charisma Brands2019-02-04