Charles River Associates Analyst Reviews

1. 5.0

Outstanding place to work

Apr 19, 2021 - Analyst in College Station, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with incredibly smart and awesome people, and tasks vary from case to case depending on client needs, making it refreshing every time.

Cons

Just the inconsistent workflow, but it’s overall a great place to work.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good pay, nice colleagues, but hard during a pandemic

Apr 21, 2021 - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, helpful colleagues, ability to pick up many new skills

Cons

unpredictable hours at times, exacting managers

Continue reading
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Lots of opportunity for growth/promotion, very little room to be a human being

Feb 22, 2021 - Analyst in Tallahassee, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

CRA is exceptionally organized, and works like a well-oiled machine. You will be able to work on a wide array of projects in many different areas. The problems are challenging, but interesting. You will become very proficient in whatever tools you use to solve those problems.

Cons

Work-life balance is nonexistent. Management touts “flexibility” in workload, but this flexibility is only meant to provide you with more work- very seldom are you encouraged to rest during periods of less work. As an analyst, you will be expected to work at a moment’s notice during nights, weekends, and holidays. Making personal plans and sticking to any kind of schedule is very difficult. Day-to-day experiences will vary wildly by project, and especially by project manager. Some project managers are organized, communicative, and considerate. Some are the polar opposite. You are expected to perform consistently across all of these projects- very little (if any) responsibility is placed on poor project managers. The overall culture at CRA is broken. Despite putting in the majority of the work, analysts don’t get to experience any ownership of the projects- they forfeit all successes and shoulder the mistakes. Even the best project managers are pushed to their breaking point by the tremendous pressures that upper management puts on them to take on more projects and promise faster deadlines. The generous amount of PTO given to employees is hardly ever utilized. Working in this type of atmosphere, the general dissatisfaction is apparent to everyone, but verbally recognized by no one (for fear of seeming unmotivated or lagging behind). Many of the junior staff learn to accept this “churn-and-burn” type of culture, which is truly unfortunate.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Charles River Associates Response

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to provide every employee with a positive experience, and I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not so. I note that you are no longer with CRA, but please reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss your concerns further. Jen Kordell, CHRO

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Your experience will be very practice specific

Mar 13, 2021 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

As the title says, depends on the practice you join. Generally however, pros involve doing a variety of projects and picking up very valuable skills along the way

Cons

Compensation / bonus to stress/work requirement level ratio can be very imbalanced. Junior staff underpaid somewhat.

5. 5.0
    Former Intern

Great internship

Jan 11, 2021 - Analyst Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a great time interning at CRA. They adapted very well to the pandemic in still providing an internship experience. I got to work on real casework, and I learned a lot from my coworkers. Great experience overall!

Cons

I can't think of any.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Smart Coworkers, interesting work

Jan 24, 2021 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with great people and on interesting projects with real impacts

Cons

Long and unpredictable hours year round

7. 5.0

A Place to Develop, Learn, & Grow

Dec 4, 2020 - Analyst in Tallahassee, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company promotes a culture of development, learning, and growing potential. If you have potential, our colleagues are open to helping in whatever way they can.

Cons

The practices are generally pretty independent- the overall company culture remains consistent but finding the practice that fits your skill set and goals is something specific to each individual.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to start career

Dec 2, 2020 - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and people, interesting work and

Cons

Hours, limited upward mobility for non-PhDs

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place to work, this job is everything I was looking for coming out of college in every single aspect.

Jan 29, 2020 - Analyst (Cyber) in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The interview and hiring process was extremely thorough and transparent throughout its entirety. Colleen, Talent Acquisition Specialist who recruited, and guided me through the interview process provided me with one of the best interview experiences out of the many interviews I did looking for my first job. She was clear an concise with each phase of the interviewing process, and always made sure to check in with me as I progressed from the initial phone screening, all the way up until I received my offer. As a candidate, she affirmed that CRA was interested in what I could bring to the table as a potential hire, which made the process mutually beneficial for both myself, and CRA. I was able to ask questions as many questions as I could think of, which helped me feel as though I had buying power in making sure the opportunity was a correct fit for all parties involved. Overall, the hiring process, and my first three months at CRA has been nothing short of amazing. I truly feel honored to be a part of such an awesome team.

Cons

Although it fits my work style well, the project work is fast-paced, and requires you to juggle many projects as once. This may be a con for someone interested in a more relaxed, binary work flow.

10. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Internship at CRA

Sep 14, 2020 - Analyst Intern in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, get to do lots of client work.

Cons

Not a lot of overlap between practices in terms of work given to interns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 Reviews