FilterWashington, DC Area
I worked at Charles River Associates full-time (More than 3 years)
I really enjoyed the interesting work and the level of confidence that project managers had in the work of junior staff. My work was challenging and engaging, and it provided wonderful experience for my transition to graduate school studying policy.
It can be hard to juggle a work-life balance, but compared to many other consulting firms in the area, I think CRA does the best job of making sure that employees are satisfied in that area.
I have been working at Charles River Associates full-time (More than 5 years)
- Work on multiple projects each week
- Work closely with senior staff
- Very academic/intelligent environment
- Open door policy: everyone is available to help
- Relatively narrow scope of topic, becomes rote after a few years
- not much client facing interactions
- mistakes are seen as cardinal sins, not opportunities for growth/development
- relatively anti-social; great for introverts tough for extraverts
- work through lunch mentality is pervasive
- poor training/staff development programs; staff is expected to seek our own outside development/classes
- no consistent feedback from senior managers; silence = doing well so we virtually only talk about performance when there is constructive criticism leading to a low morale
I worked at Charles River Associates full-time (More than a year)
People you work with; everyone is smart and analytical. You learn a lot in your first year, especially from working directly with VPs and Principals.
Pay -- lower than competitors (other economic consulting firms), and everyone seems to leave after 2~3 years.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?