KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Financial Advisors

7m

a

Managing Principal

We are in the process of consolidating accounts for a new client and moving them over to Charles Schwab where we custody - all straight forward stuff. The client has an old 401k from a previous employer and filled out the paperwork with that 401k to roll it to Schwab. So about $470k hit her Schwab account last week. And then exactly 7 days later, another $460k hits again. Both from the 401k custodian. But her account was only $470k. I think they messed up royally. Now what???

10 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good and fair.(in 421 reviews)
  • "Great people and enjoyed my time even during a virtual envirnoment(in 354 reviews)
  • "Corporate culture is great because people buy in and work towards making everyone financially fit.(in 297 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance and flexibility.(in 205 reviews)
  • "Great training and a fantastic start for someone interested in a career in finance.(in 80 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay; have be on the phones for a while before you can move into another area.(in 181 reviews)
  • "Poor management and team.(in 161 reviews)
  • "Hope to get a good manager as many are puppets and are only looking out for themselves.(in 134 reviews)
  • "Low salary for entry level positions(in 90 reviews)
  • "Poor leadership and bad managers you are a pawn and you get treated like one from the start(in 61 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Charles Schwab and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great environment

Jul 7, 2022 - Participant Services Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

So far with my work at Schwab, I’ve only encountered positive colleagues who strive to help everyone around them grow. Thorough coaching, 1:1 time, and other developmental meetings have been common and provide us with a sense of purpose and direction for our careers. This is a great entry level position for anyone wanting to get their toes wet in the world of finance, or simply advance their career at Schwab.

Cons

Some of the resources, as well as the software can be a bit confusing at times.

Charles Schwab Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! At Schwab, we value all employees, and we strive to provide an excellent environment to help grow successful careers. We're always looking for ways to improve, please reach out to your manager for additional training opportunities or to discuss any further concerns. Thanks again for your hard work and dedication!

2. 5.0

Good place to start

Aug 5, 2022 - Financial Services Representative in Westlake, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work. Flexible

Cons

2 years before you can switch department

3. 5.0

Great progression

Aug 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team Great managers Great pay

Cons

Corporate Slow to make changes

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great role

Aug 3, 2022 - Financial Consultant in Novi, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to manage a book of business

Cons

There are clawbacks when clients leave or unenroll.

5. 5.0

Great Place to work

Aug 2, 2022 - Senior Retirement Plan Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible work schedule, favorable bonus, nice employer match

Cons

I don't have any complaints

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great foundation

Aug 2, 2022 - Derivatives Trader in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

High integrity company that provides a solid foundation for your career. They really do value their employees and empower them to make the right decisions for customers. That always resonated with me

Cons

The career paths were very limited if you wanted to make six-figures and didn’t want to go the Financial Consultant route

Continue reading
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Culture and Support

Aug 1, 2022 - Associate Financial Services Professional in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managers are truly people-leaders, work-life balance, great benefits, trusted name, positive client base, extensive tools and analytics

Cons

Inbound calls in some positions are not a good fit for certain personality types

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Jul 31, 2022 - Client Banking Services in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is great. Company treats you great. Mangers are great. Growth opportunities.

Cons

On the phone a lot. 6 months period to get the schedule you want. Systems are a bit outdated/all over the place.

Continue reading
  9. 5.0

Great Job

Jul 29, 2022 - Client Relationship Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, great benefits, flexible with work from home.

Cons

Can easily get lost in the shuffle of the company as an entry level employee

10. 5.0

Best Employer Ever!!!

Jul 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

benefits, workplace quality, culture, good management, career progression

Cons

I cannot think of any cons to this job other than having to work.

Charles Schwab Response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your input. We value and appreciate your hard work at Schwab!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,116 Reviews
</>Embed

Charles Schwab Reviews FAQs

Charles Schwab has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 4,528 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Charles Schwab to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Charles Schwab employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Charles Schwab. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

80% of Charles Schwab employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Charles Schwab 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Charles Schwab Job Seekers