Cover image for Charles Schwab

Financial Advisors

1y

a

Managing Principal

We are in the process of consolidating accounts for a new client and moving them over to Charles Schwab where we custody - all straight forward stuff. The client has an old 401k from a previous employer and filled out the paperwork with that 401k to roll it to Schwab. So about $470k hit her Schwab account last week. And then exactly 7 days later, another $460k hits again. Both from the 401k custodian. But her account was only $470k. I think they messed up royally. Now what???

10 Comments

Finance

140.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Charles Schwab~144
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Charles Schwab? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Charles Schwab employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits and a one month sabbatical on top of vacation after five years of service.(in 453 reviews)
  • "Great people and enjoyed my time even during a virtual envirnoment(in 389 reviews)
  • "Corporate culture is great because people buy in and work towards making everyone financially fit.(in 330 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance and flexibility.(in 217 reviews)
  • "The pay was good not great(in 196 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and team.(in 163 reviews)
  • "Hope to get a good manager as many are puppets and are only looking out for themselves.(in 143 reviews)
  • "Low salary for entry level positions(in 91 reviews)
  • "Management became populated with 'yes' people who could quickly change loyalties to the new 'senior leadership' without any regard for self(in 65 reviews)
  • "Upper management could care less about employees.(in 45 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Charles Schwab and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee
    Featured Review

Great environment

Jul 7, 2022 - Participant Services Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

So far with my work at Schwab, I’ve only encountered positive colleagues who strive to help everyone around them grow. Thorough coaching, 1:1 time, and other developmental meetings have been common and provide us with a sense of purpose and direction for our careers. This is a great entry level position for anyone wanting to get their toes wet in the world of finance, or simply advance their career at Schwab.

Cons

Some of the resources, as well as the software can be a bit confusing at times.

3 people found this review helpful

Charles Schwab Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! At Schwab, we value all employees, and we strive to provide an excellent environment to help grow successful careers. We're always looking for ways to improve, please reach out to your manager for additional training opportunities or to discuss any further concerns. Thanks again for your hard work and dedication!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

pay range

Feb 1, 2023 - Operations Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

good company and great people

Cons

so far nothing bad about it

3. Join the Charles Schwab team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good place for new graduates

Jan 3, 2023 - Senior Technology Risk Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Low stress environment, remote work is a possibility

Cons

If you're an experienced employee, the management in this org will just pigeonhole you into a job function, limiting your potential for upward movement and significant pay increases, unless you're with the 'in crowd.' Senior management has its favorite people, irrespective of education, training, and experience. In fact, they like to promote the young while neglecting those with more than just a few years of work experience. In other words, the place is clubby - it's kind of like the 'old boy's club' of old, but these days it includes women and the young; you're either in the club, or not. As you can guess, I am not part of the club, so my chances of promotion are nil. So if you wind up taking a job here, be sure to keep an eye open to see if you're in the club. If not, head for the exits!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company, Nice Benefits

Jan 27, 2023 - Associate Software Engineer II in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really like my manager and some some of the benefits we get. There’s the option to go fully or partially remote. The company goals and values make sense and I understand what we are trying to achieve as a company. Work life balance is important and well understood; however, there are days every few months where you'll have to stay past 5 and crank something out.

Cons

The insurance was kinda a bummer in terms of medication. The insurance restricts CVS and contracted out pharmacies which had affected not only my pharmacy’s but also my providers.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

CHARLES SCHWAB EXPERIENCE

Jan 12, 2023 - Financial Services Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great salary and bonus structure. Fantastic benefits. Generous PTO. Completely remote in the beginning and then went to limited hybrid role, one day per week on campus. Excellent training and mentorship from management. Managers are very supportive for career progression. Full pay for 5 weeks of remote exam prep. It's a wonderful experience for finance industry beginners!

Cons

30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks, even for 10 hour shifts. While working remote that is not a problem. My schedule was 4X10 and we had Wednesdays off and weekends which was an added bonus. no other cons!

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun Work Place

Jan 31, 2023 - Intern in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work place is quite enjoyable and the work-life balance is ideal

Cons

The jobs are very simple, and there will be a lot of dead time

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Jan 24, 2023 - Correspondence Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work at home, great pay, bonuses, tuition reimbursement, vacation/sick time is plenty, good benefits, positive atmosphere.

Cons

Job duties change and you'll very likely end up taking inbound calls from angry customers, regardless of if that was the position you applied for (under manager level). If you are ok with the possibility of taking inbound customer calls, the pros outweigh the cons.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company Culture

Jan 31, 2023 - Financial Services Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to get started in Finance industry. Will teach you a lot and offers great benefits and upward mobility.

Cons

No major cons of note

Charles Schwab Response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your input. We value and appreciate your hard work at Schwab!

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Put Your Money but Weak Workplace

Dec 20, 2022 - Associate in Lone Tree, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good medical insurance. Nice brand on the resume. Flexible shifts. If you want 4 ten-hour shifts they can do that.

Cons

Everything is given to clients which means employees pay for it with low salaries and a food fight for vacation days. The Associate job is code for call center for taking care of millions of clients. Its a good first job in financial services but it can be very difficult to get to less stressful and rewarding positions. The rumor is some people are at the firm 20 years and still paid under $100k. Again you will learn lots here but keeping the managers happy is a big game of chess. Most of the clients are very pleasant but management holds you to stiff performance metrics every week. If you miss, lower bonus hard to move around the company. It was 3 steps backward for me after earning a second degree. Full hour lunch breaks are unheard of. 30 minutes or get punished , unless you apply for 45 minutes. Wow, a High School quality lunch break at a stressful job. Keep money here, work elsewhere.

1 person found this review helpful

Charles Schwab Response

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves in offering competitive compensation and an empowering work environment. We encourage you to reach out your manager to help solidify a strategy for career growth & development. If you have any questions, please feel free to out to your HR representative or email us at MyHR@Schwab.com. Thanks again and have a great day!

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Trader 3

Jan 29, 2023 - Senior Trader in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, benefits, hours, and work life balance.

Cons

Clients can be very emotional due to the nature of working with finances.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,474 Reviews
</>Embed

Charles Schwab Reviews FAQs

Charles Schwab has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 4,955 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Charles Schwab to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Charles Schwab employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Charles Schwab. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

80% of Charles Schwab employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Charles Schwab 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Charles Schwab to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Charles Schwab Job Seekers