Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"RN"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great physicians!! Absolutely the best Gastroenterologists in Charlotte! Caring to patients and staff! All have longevity with the Company! Would def send my family and friends to them.

Cons

The weakest link is the Administrator! Make sure whatever she tells you that you get it in writing or she will never remember it! Non medical so she is not an expert on the scope of practice of nurses either, so know your scope of practice. The doctors allow her to "run the business" and I'm sure with some of her shady practices with employees and memory lapse, she has helped to build their business. I am a firm believer in honesty with employees.

Advice to Management

Demand an honest administrator that does what she says she will do! She has to be retirement age by now! You have lost some great employees because of her...that would have stayed with you till the end of their careers.

2. "Horrible Employer"

I have been working at Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology full-time

Pros

Great employees as far as staff

Cons

Management is horrible, Under-staff, No breaks, if you been at CGH less than 3 years you get one day a month for PTO. Very Unprofessional environment

Advice to Management

instead of trying to keep you overhead down hire enough staff so your current staff is not over worked overwhelmed and dreading to come to work every day. Since working there people have worked 1 week and went to lunch and never came back. This place is very unprofessional and forget about the Regional directors lets just say education is not required to manage people. You also have to embarras yourself daily by sending emails to go the restroom and for someone who has medical issue and requires to go more than twice a day is humiliating and if someone has already gone your told you cant go and then be at risk soiling yourself which has happen to an employee and when she requested to leave to change her manager told her no she had to stay.. All CGH cares about is a body in a chair not about the employee i cant wait for the day i leave and work for an organization that appreciates there employee this company rather hire from the outside rather than promote from within because they like to keep you stuck in your one role no room for advancement at ALL. If you talk to much they tell you to be quiet but then mandates you to go on company outings when you dont even know your colleges the next thing to this is prison . And god-forbid you talk management about anything as of right now we don't have HR she quit after less than a year with CGH the previous HR manager quit to she couldn't stand the CEO or the management team! Stay clear

Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology Response

May 2, 2018 – Director of Operations

Thank you for your feedback. We value the opinions of our staff members and encourage you to utilize our open door policy and submit your concerns to the Director of Operations in order for them to... More

"Undermining my skill set. Being micro managed and inadequately trained. If it's not your department don't worry about it"

I have been working at Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The doctors and coworkers were wonderful. The manager Krista in Ballantyne is wonder and caring and give employees in ALL departments a good job when it's deserved.

Cons

One manager.... If she does not like you forget it you have a target on your back. She is disheveled, misplaced papers cause they're usually covered in saltine. If she does not like you be ready for hell. Because of her micromanaging and the way she speaks to you quite a few employees have left. I worked with 2 other managers at the office and it was a team. Look at the turn over rates for the northern and southern office. And only certain rules apply to certain employees.

Advice to Management

You need to remove the North manager C.E. and change the easy access coordinator. Neither on is professional or has medical knowledge. I i call to complain to a team lead i dont want to here how unacceptable it was it was for the employee to say something (when she says it herself)Or be called sista or boo. This is so unprofessional. If we need to speak with HR first we go to the manager as part of their open door policy. I thought that's what HR job.

4. "LPN"

I have been working at Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great doctors to work for

Cons

travel to offices on 77

5. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Collections and AR Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Collections and AR Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work fo

Cons

The PTO isn't realistic

6. "Disappointed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Physicians and staff are great.

Cons

Senior leader is condescending and mean spirited to managers. Makes irrational decisions.

Advice to Management

Have someone objective speak to former employees who left in past 12 months, you might be surprised at how poorly staff is treated.

"Large Practice with Family Feel"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Huntersville, NC
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Huntersville, NC

I have been working at Charlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Directors, Physicians, and Staff. Good salaries that are competitive for our area.

Cons

CEO is manipulative and a poor communicator. Rarely in the office and talks down to staff. Managers are supportive, but get undermined by the top.

Advice to Management

Make the doctors aware of the issues with the CEO.