Charlotte Marketing Consultants Reviews

Charlotte Marketing Consultants President Alex Kantor
Alex Kantor
  1. "Great experience"

I worked at Charlotte Marketing Consultants full-time

Pros

I learned a ton during my time at Charlotte Marketing. The leadership skills and sales skills will forever bring me benefit to my future endeavors.

Cons

We had early mornings but it was something that created a good habit for me.

"Absurd."

1.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Charlotte Marketing Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people were nice.

Cons

Too many to list completely. You are a door-to-door office supply salesman, that's it. They will pitch it to you vaguely saying you'll working on business solutions and that kind of stuff, but that's not accurate, you just knock on doors and tell people you may be able to save them money on ink cartridges and paper. One of the worst parts is that you're going to places other employees have already been to, in some cases recently, and they don't want you there. When I did my 3 days of training it was made clear that No Solicitation signs were to be completely ignored and during training we were threatened to have the cops called on us and had security escort us out of a building after multiple offices yelled at us for soliciting despite all the signs saying it wasn't allowed. It's all commission and I worked a whole bunch of hours the 3 weeks I was there and made a whopping $42 and spent a ton more than that on gas driving all around the Charlotte area. There were probably 8 new people who started in the time I was there & only 1 was still there when I left. Seriously, there are much better ways to spend your time.

May 20, 2020President

To the current job seekers on the market - be aware that we have reported and flagged this review for being completely made up of false information. We are unsure if this was posted by a competitor or someone who is just down on their luck during the current CoVID-19 situation, but this post on May 18, 2020 is completely fabricated. First and foremost, it claims that they are a current employee, who worked for three weeks and three days of training. We do five days of training for all new hires, and have NOT HIRED ANYONE since March 1. During COVID we have worked remotely, with no customer contact since March 17th! We certainly have not hired 8 people during this time where we have been following social distancing guidelines and the Stay at Home order from the NC Govenor's office. Additionally, we have secured an SBA loan as have many small businesses, which has allowed us to take all of our current team from any form of performance income to salary during the stay at home window of time. No one current at Charlotte Marketing Consultants has any form of commissions, nor have they in the last few months - another sign this isn't a real post. This has been an incredibly difficult time for everyone, our staff, our customers and our clients. There is never a time during our interview process where we aren't upfront about the work we do. We do sales and face-to-face marketing for a large business to business office supply client. We do not sell marketing solutions. Nowhere on our website, a job posting or my conversations with potential job seekers would I say that. As always, if someone has actual concerns and they worked here - you have my cell phone number to discuss your issue. We want to make it right, and are available any time at HR@CharlotteMarketingInc.com or at 980-859-1866. We hope everyone stays safe and if you are looking for a job and our website matches what you are interested in - we advise you to have an interview or a conversation with us yourself to decide how you feel. Sincerely, Alex Kantor President, CMC

"Awesome place to work and grow"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager

I worked at Charlotte Marketing Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are awesome. The owner was so involved with everyone’s success and the whole team is so warm and awesome! Everything was transparent. I’ve gone to so many interviews where the interviewer was not upfront about the concerns I had but this was a breath of fresh air! All of my concerns were appeased by the preliminary interview. The HR department is super involved as well. Everyone has a teammate mindset about this business. They definitely want everyone to succeed.

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to share!

4. "AMAZING!!!"

I worked at Charlotte Marketing Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have never had an experience where the coworkers and management team cared this much. Truly dedicated to your success and development.

Cons

You get out of it what you put in. Such a great opportunity here for growth and development, you just have to be willing to put in the time and effort to earn it.

5. "Great Opportunity!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Charlotte Marketing Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have an awesome atmosphere and a wonderful work culture. There is an opportunity to grow and expand, as well as wonderful mentorship and coaching. They truly care about each individual and challenge both professional and personal growth! Great working environment!

Cons

Unfortunately, I had to move and that cut my time short with this wonderful company! I have nothing negative to say!

6. "Truly is the best and brightest!"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Charlotte Marketing Consultants full-time

Pros

The positive and uplifting environment

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind

"don't work here!"

1.0

I worked at Charlotte Marketing Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

I found nothing to be rewarding about this place. In the two weeks I was there I saw 5 people come and go!

Cons

Worst experience I have had with a job. Very deceptive recruiting tactics! They expect you to work 12 hour days door knocking on businesses that do not want you there for commission only. You also wont start making commission right away. In my interview I stated how door to door sales was not for me and they nicely skirted around it by telling me about their management training program. I also asked what the turn around rate for employees was (since I've worked for companies in the past that had a high number of people come and go), and again I was lied to and told that wasn't a thing here. Boy was that a lie! In the short time I was there I saw over 5 people come and go, and they all quit! I quit after working 8 days and only making 3 sales with a trainer (meaning I'm only eligible for 50% of the commission). between gas (since they have you drive around in your own car all day) I ended up spending more than what I made. I also was not given my sales bonus because I didn't stay 10 days, and the Owner did not tell me, instead left it to his recruiter/office assistant to tell me even though I talked to him over the phone minutes before I came in to sign my leaving paperwork. To make matters worse he did not pay me for the largest of the commissions, stating that there was an error in processing the paperwork. Whatever you do don't work here!

November 15, 2019President

To potential job seekers, During the interview process for this candidate, they asked if we do door-to-door sales. We very clearly explained that our client hires us to work with business owners and prospective customers here in Charlotte and that we never go to anyone's home. We do face-to-face sales and marketing to businesses. We are very transparent about this. It is on our website, and discussed in depth through 2 rounds of interviews. We do have a management training program and we promote entirely from within, so we obviously discuss that during our interviews. While in training, our newest hires do earn commissions and New Hire Bonuses ($700 in bonuses are available) and they do spend time with our Corporate Trainers in order to be adequately prepared to represent our brands. I have some extreme issues with some of the lies stated by this short-lived employee we hired. She did not drive her car during her week of training, and in fact she only used her vehicle for two and a half days. She quit unexpectedly with ZERO NOTICE in the middle of her 8th day of employment, while I was out of the office with one of our team members doing some advanced training. The first thing any new hire must do to earn their New Hire Bonuses is complete their first 10 days of employment without an absence or being late. By quitting in their first week out of training, this bonus was NOT EARNED. This is on the bonus agreement, in all CAPS, BOLD and UNDERLINED, which this individual signed. If I could post the document on Glassdoor with their signature, I would. Secondly, she actually cost the Corporate Trainer the large commission of question by not filling out an order form properly. As the business owner, I paid those earnings ($250) out of pocket to the trainer, because it was not his fault she did not write a rep ID on an order form for payment purposes. If you are taking a test in school, it probably makes sense to put your name on the test before leaving it on the teacher's desk if you want credit for the work you did. I did not abandon my team to come back to discuss the voluntary termination of this employee's status with our company, but did let my H.R. Manager discuss that process. She is more than capable of that conversation, and I find the accusation of lack of capability insulting to both our company and our H.R. team. In terms of turnover, anything with sales involved shares the common principles of work ethic and positive attitude for success. This individual quit in less than two weeks - and was a constant complainer in the office and with our team during training. Working with people is not for everyone, but as this individual confessed in their review, they came in for an entry level position, demanding what is and is not for them, and has clearly quit many jobs quickly without accepting any responsibility for their own actions. We are looking for positive additions to our team and while our experience with this individual was anything but ideal, we wish them the best of luck finding a mutually beneficial employment situation in the future. If you have any questions about our company, please reach out to our HR Team or our hiring managers and we would be happy to discuss anything with you. As always, we recommend if you are curious, find out for yourself. Sincerely, Alex Kantor President, Charlotte Marketing Consultants

"It can be good.."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Charlotte Marketing Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

*You're in control of your day *Uncapped commission *Co-workers are your friends If you're not in need of steady, reliable income - this is a fun job where you learn a lot about sales! Great for a first job out of college. The culture is great, and in the morning you play games and do activities to get you hype for the day. I learned a lot about pitching, how to talk to prospects, and managing myself in this position that I have since carried into my current career. In all honesty, it just depends on what you're looking for in a job. This position gives you the ability to manage yourself, and you will only make money if you do that well and hustle hard- since it is pure commission.

Cons

*No base *Once you're a leader it gets very 'drink the kool-aid' when you try to express your opinion *Expected to do a lot of work for free *No benefits Be prepared to come in around 7:30 a.m. and not hit the field until 9 a.m. (when you can actually make money.) You're not managing accounts, you're going B2B trying to sell office supplies. Nothing wrong with that, but that is what the job really is.

May 8, 2019President

To the former employee who posted this review, Thanks so much for your in depth feedback on our company and culture as well as your advice. We are so glad to hear that during your time working with us as an Account Manager you learned some super valuable skills like personal time management, learning a lot about sales, building relationships, and how to manage your personal work effort to hit goals! In regards to your concerns, we are able to offer uncapped commissions with really high percentages by not having a base salary or hourly pay for our team that does sales. As you mentioned, we have our team come in before the time when we can go get in front of customers so we can develop their skills, provide coaching on the sales process, and also so we can develop their leadership technique. We do work with our acquired customers for 6 weeks after a sale, managing subsequent orders for the business account as they develop habits of using our client. The reason we may have come off as a little "kool-aid" like to some one is that we have a really strong company culture. When you have a track record of success, common goals and shared desired outcomes it is very easy to get the entire team rowing in the same direction. We value different opinions, but the fundamentals of our business that we are committed to, such as a killer work ethic, positive attitude, and relentless student mentality and desire to win are things we probably aren't going to change. We know everyone doesn't have the same goals - and that's O.K! We believe relationships don't have to be permanent to be impactful and we hope the skills you learned here suit you well in your career. As always, please reach out to me personally to discuss any concerns or advice you have further at 980-859-1866 or HR@CharlotteMarketingInc.com. Alex Kantor, President

9. "Culture is Everything!"

Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

I like working at CMC because the people genuinely care about other people's success. It gives me something to look forward to every day. They demonstrate true leadership in my opinion. I spoke with Alex during the interview process and he said it's a "people helping people business" and they prove it every day. From the energy in the morning to the development throughout the day, they stand by what Alex told me from day one.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind yet

December 12, 2019President

We'd like to take a moment to thank you for this kind review. We are appreciative and happy to see that our hard work pays off and leaves you with a positive experience. We focus on leadership and being transparent and we are fortunate to have someone like you on our team!

10. "Honest review"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

Pros

This company is awesome and I have enjoyed my time with the people and the customers I have met. The people are really here to help no matter what. Some of pros I have seen so far have been hands on training from top reps and owner. Travel is always a plus. Also the freedom throughout the day. Competitive fun atmosphere along with great culture. Last the endless growth within the company. Promotions happen within the company. No seniority promotions but based of personal performance, as they should be!

Cons

Haven’t seen any so far. This is sales though so the word NO is going to be said but that’s any sales job. Also the training is here to help. The cons are more with customers than with CMC.

December 12, 2019President

Thank you so much! We love getting feedback like this and allows us to focus on the good things we are doing and repeat! Thanks again!

Found 47 reviews