Charlotte Russe Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.7
Charlotte Russe President, CEO, and Director Jenny J. Ming
Jenny J. Ming

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You get a great discount it is amazing (in 114 reviews)

• 40% discount on regular priced items & 20% off sale items ( although our store just did 40% all items) (in 114 reviews)

Cons
  • You do a lot of the management work for minimum wage (in 68 reviews)

• Low pay compared to other retailers for management as well as associates (in 43 reviews)

1. "Good for a part-time retail position"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Irvine, CA

I worked at Charlotte Russe (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, upbeat environment, flexible schedule, 40% discount

Cons

Sometimes late hours, as with many retail jobs

2. "Only worked 7 hours a week!"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Ventura, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Ventura, CA

I worked at Charlotte Russe part-time (More than a year)

Pros

50% discount, fashion, easy , location , nice managers

Cons

Hours , purse searches before u leave shift,

Advice to Management

Stop hiring a bunch of people when your workers need hours!

3. "Decent job for students seeking work while in school"

Former Employee - Lead Supervisor, Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Supervisor, Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Charlotte Russe (More than a year)

Pros

Team becomes a family (depends on who you work with), 40-50% discount!, merchandising and clothing are becoming trendier, flexible hours, decent job for extra money on the side (not to live off of)

Cons

Not all customers are nice and understanding, raise won't exceed $0.25/yr, hours will be cut dramatically during the slow season, unmotivating challenges to compete against other stores/districts, corporate will make decisions on a whim with little to no notice for store management team, poor pay, not enough time to open or close the store (only 30 min!!), little to no training

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to work on their communication with their stores

4. "Been her me for a year"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

You get 40% off employee discount and most of my coworkers are super friendly and it feels like a family environment

Cons

You don't get a lot of hours . You basically have to fight for your hours by meeting a certain quota each day and by the end of each week such isn't always fair because some people have 2 or 3 other people helping them on the floor ans you can be on the floor by your self .

Advice to Management

Don't always believe customers . Some of them are full of it and make up problems. Automatically assuming an employee did what the customer said with out even asking isn't fair. There is always more then 1 dude to a story

5. "wonderous"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Burbank, CA

Pros

great customers
    everyday is like a day on a runway
    had a fantastic team.

Cons

slow days were dead
    hours weren't great

Advice to Management

more communcation

6. "Good For Entry Level"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Commerce, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Commerce, CA

I have been working at Charlotte Russe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get really great discounts at Charlotte Russe. We get 40% off of regular priced items and sometimes 50% off when its an Employee Appreciation Weekend. I work with a great team. There are snobby girls but you pretty much work on your own once a manager or AM chats you in on the promotions and tells you in which area you will be working in. Most of the assistant managers are nice where I work.

Cons

You get very little hours, i don't know why this company allows for that to happen? My store has around 30 employees and all of us work 3-6 hours a week and our paychecks are very small. Its not something you can survive on, especially if your a needy college student. I'm currently trying to look for a second job and most of the employees are working second jobs. Another thing is that they hire EVEN MORE people for the holidays and we aren't getting enough hours. This needs to stop. There is no need for more people. I think all of us deserve to work those hours that they give to the seasonal workers. Just last week, I wasn't put on the schedule which is really dumb. And one last thing, the store manager is really annoying. She's actually new, but she has a really bad attitude at times and she's really sarcastic. I dislike working when she's around. A lot of the employees in the store dislike her as well.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to do something about the employees not getting sufficient hours. At least 20 hrs a week would be great. Also, stop hiring so many seasonal workers. Maybe 10 employees are okay but 30 new seasonal workers?? Thats exagerrated.

7. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Irvine, CA

Pros

Charlotte Russe is a great place to work if you are interested in getting into retail. It is a great work enviornment with friendly staff and managers. They are very flexible with working around your schedule! I was working at a Charlotte Russe in Califronia and going to school in New York, however they were always so accommodating with when I left for school and putting me back on the schedule when I came home for breaks.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about working here. The shifts tend to be on the shorter side, but if your are able to prove yourself as a strong sales associate you will find yourself getting more hours and perks.

8. "Nope"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Glendale, CA

I worked at Charlotte Russe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the 40% employee discounts, time off easily approved

Cons

everything else. do not work here unless you want 3-10 hours a week. the management and company policies are uptight and irrational. you have to constantly be speaking over the walkie and list every single little step that you take. for example, every single time a customer enters the fitting room you have to announce it, along with how many items and what the items are. the employees talk badly about every customer and get annoyed when they don't buy anything. the managers legitimately get mad at the employees when there aren't enough sales, as if it's the sales associate's fault people don't want to buy the overpriced and low quality clothing. they don't care about the workers or the customers and only care about making a profit. don't work here.

Advice to Management

don't be so uptight.

9. "Oh, Charlotte"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Charlotte Russe part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent discount. Co workers were fun. Nice sales manager

Cons

Hours, slow growth, if at all, within company

10. "Fun and exciting environment"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Montebello, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Montebello, CA

I worked at Charlotte Russe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Nice staff
    -Overtime
    -Great employee discount
    My overall experience at the company was great. The ladies I worked with were nice and helpful. I also got a great discount. I have worked at other stores that offered basically no discount which sucks when you need to be wearing theme clothing for certain weeks.

Cons

-Customers can be rude
    -Tons of folding
    - Work schedule done weekly which can be a little frustrating
    I don't think I was here long enough to notice any problems. Besides the things mentioned above which I didn't really face much of. The people were nice in the city I was in I guess.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep motivating and stay positive.