KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 62 of over 64 reviews

4.2
Chartboost Co-Founder & CEO Maria Alegre
Maria Alegre
Pros
  • "Free lunch twice a week, Benefits are good(in 10 reviews)

• "Work life balance is OFF the charts(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management is clueless and not so transparent as they promised to be(in 4 reviews)

• "Not a good place for work life balance(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

A gem within the advertising industry

Mar 17, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast pacing industry. Great culture and team. Very transparent. Leadership is very open and shares clearly where we are as a company.

Cons

Very competitive industry. Differentiation is hard.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great company with very good culture

Jan 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Colleagues are smart and nice people 2. The leadership team cares about the employees 3. Perks are good 4. People are coming from diverse background

Cons

The company is in a highly competitive industry. Things change quickly so everyone has to move fast.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Former Employee

Fun place to work

Sep 9, 2020 - Accounting Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting industry, fun office environment, smart coworkers.

Cons

Being a small company, some positions had a large scope of responsibilities.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 5.0

I love working for Chartboost

Mar 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great company culture, opportunities to grow and freedom to bring up your own ideas. - People are encouraged to be creative. - Great working life balance -Great colleagues

Cons

- We need to be quicker in product launches

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A fast pace company in a highly competitive industry

Feb 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great learning opportunity Even as a new employee, you will have a lot of opportunities to talk to different business partners and involve in important projects that will have a huge impact immediately. 2. Good Management Leadership The manager is very helpful and he cares about the team members. You will learn a lot in short time both in technical skills and communication skills. 3. Decent and respectful culture There is a diversity in the workplace. Sometimes you can see colleagues sitting together in lunch break to play video games together.

Cons

The cons I can think of is quite related to the nature of being a startup company rather than Chartboost itself. For example, the lack of documentation or fast-changing climate in the business.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A place of passion and great people

Feb 7, 2018 - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Delicious and healthy food 4 days a week Annual Nerd Olympics outing (very fun) Competitive salary, bonus potential and benefits Executives/Managers are approachable, invested in their teams, and passionate to help Chartboost achieve their goals Dog Friendly- but office has not turned into a dog park (very friendly and quiet pets) Processes are in place to help you succeed Work life balance is OFF the charts!

Cons

I have not experienced any CONS as of yet.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Still love working here!

Nov 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working here for several years and have seen the company go through a lot of changes, but I've always felt was that the company acts with integrity and in good faith and truly cares about its employees. Certainly, not every call is received with 100% support, but I genuinely feel that the best interests of the company and my co-workers are always top of mind. I think the culture here is fantastic. There have been times that staying late and going out for happy hour regularly was something I did more of. Nowadays, leaving with enough time to have some good family time after work is my priority. In both scenarios, I've felt very supported and a 'culture fit' here. You don't need to fit any particular mold to grow and succeed here, which I think can be a rarity in tech. We've hired a lot of talented people here and have done a good job of finding genuinely pleasant people to work with. I think my co-workers are awesome.

Cons

The industry is relatively new and changes quickly. I think we've managed to get ahead of a lot of the cutting edge trends in the space, but in some cases moved slower than we should have.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Oct 24, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Chartboost is truly the best place I have ever worked. The company has a very fun culture, and is incredibly inclusive. All the managers that I have encountered truly care about their team, and their employees and strive to make the work environment comfortable. Additionally, there is a clear emphasis on upward mobility, which I greatly appreciate, and it's not hard to find people in the company who started off as individual contributors and then worked up to being managers. Regardless of your level in the company, your positive contributions are often recognized, and there is free flowing, and constructive conversation between managers and employees. If you're looking at it from a perk standpoint: -Free lunches -Employer contributions of up to $200 for public transit -Paid overnight offsite/retreat every year -Fully stocked kitchens and fridges -Flexible PTO -Occasional parties/happy hours onsite

Cons

-Upper management could be bit more transparent -There is a problem with turnover, but then again, that's the tech industry for you particularly when you are competing against giants (Google, Facebook, Salesforce, LinkedIn, etc.)

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A delightful experience

Jul 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people. From HR, Recruit to Engineering and Business, Chartboost hires exceptional people, with strong values on working together as a team to achieve their goals. Hiring managers are given time and leeway to hire the right people for open positions. Smart leadership. A lot of companies go on hiring binges, over hire and then have to lay off down the line. Each open position is carefully considered to make sure that anyone hired, will be sustainable and necessary in the long haul, so that the potential of lay offs is slim. The work itself is challenging, and the product and engineering teams are constantly faced with how to evolve this product into new ways to preserve the business The culture, is very open and inviting, with free lunches daily, plenty of food, feedback to share, an open vacation policy, and managers that care about their people. Even having left Chartboost, I still feel looked after, with people there willing to go to lengths to make sure I have the right reference calls when needed. Hiring and retention. On first glance it may appear that they have lost some people over time. While this is true, it's not at any higher rate than any other tech company in SF. It's only seemingly more noticeable because many friends are made in the office, and nobody likes to see their friends leave. The company and management know when to hold onto an employee and when to fold and allowing them to move on for their happiness (no matter what that loss costs Chartboost). They always provided opportunities for individual growth and supported their managers in looking after their contributors. You will always have the tools and help you need to get the job done.

Cons

There are some long hours at times depending on your group. That's tech. For the most part, you do a normal day, and you're out and home at a normal time. Anything more is either a critical issue or by choice. The office is a bit cramped, and too open, it gets a bit noisy on the floor and harder to get the job done. While the open structure is good for collaboration, it does make focus harder if it's too open. But options are provided for people to find space away from the hub to buckle down, so this too is mitigated.

11. 5.0
      Current Employee

The best job I have had so far

Apr 19, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Colleagues (including executives!) are friendly and approachable - Solving interesting problems at scale - Great office space (lots of room!) - Good work-life balance - Hiring has improved quite a lot - Good perks (Lyft credits, dog friendly office, free lunch, snacks, company trips, parties...)

Cons

- Some engineers not always pulling their weight - A 401k match would be awesome

5 people found this review helpful