Charter College Instructor Reviews | Glassdoor

Instructor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joshua Swayne

Pros
  • You believe you are helping students change their lives (in 12 reviews)

• I enjoy getting to help students change their lives (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I have found this to be the case with everyone in upper management (in 11 reviews)

• Now I will agree some that were recently let go went with good reason (in 9 reviews)

1. "Adjunct Instructor"

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Canyon Country, CA
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Canyon Country, CA

I have been working at Charter College part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good programs in growing careers. Students who are self activated do very well. Family environment among faculty and staff.

Cons

Things change very quickly and for profit educations is getting less support.

Advice to Management

With so much continual can you could focus more on communication.

Aug 2, 2016 – Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for your four stars. We appreciate your commitment to our students and we agree, we can always look for ways to improve our communication. Posted on behalf of Michael Dawson/CEO.

2. "Instructor"

Current Employee - Instructor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Charter College part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours. Get to work with students. Able to work independently. Like being able to look for ways to improve the classes for students in an on-line environment.

Cons

Not always easy to communicate in an on-line environment but this is part of the challenge. Pay can always be better. They do provide medical benefits as long as we hit the new magic number of 30 hours, which is nice; as well as a 401(K) plan. This is appreciated.

Advice to Management

Think we should bring back the anonymous suggestion box for ideas which may be worth reading but which may not be worth bothering busy supervisors with.

Apr 8, 2016 – Vice President of Human Resources

Thanks for your five (5) star rating. We appreciate your positive feedback and very much value the work of our faculty. I have passed along your recommendation on bringing back the suggestion box ... More

3. "Instructor position"

Former Employee - Lead Pharmacy Technician Instructor in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Lead Pharmacy Technician Instructor in Reno, NV

I worked at Charter College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interactive student success coaching, class preparation, curriculum enhancement and provide extra educational assistance to students was enriching part of the job.

Cons

Student retention could be challenging.

Dec 3, 2015 – Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your good work while you were here. I am sure our students appreciated it. Our best to you in your future endeavors. Posted on behalf of Michael Dawson, President/CEO.

"Employee Satisfaction Failure"

Former Employee - Instructor/Management in Fife, WA
    Former Employee - Instructor/Management in Fife, WA

I worked at Charter College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Students at Charter College are dedicated and devoted to change their lives. Watching them grow into professionals and being a part of that is the most amazing feeling.

Cons

You never know what to expect next. After working there for awhile, you will start to feel like a "Corporate Puppet". The Campuses are not allowed to build their own community. The campuses are now all run by people in Reno and the feeling of a "Family" unit is nonexistent. Management is horrible! There is no regard to peoples feelings, thoughts, or personal issues. Employees are treated and manipulated like robots. If you do not act like a robot you will be thrown into the junk pile.

Advice to Management

Allow the employees on the campus use their creative methods. Stick with what was successful. Support the input that you get from your dedicated Employees. Mr. Dawson, I hope you are paying attention to what is happening on your Campuses, your employees are not happy. I will never refer anyone to work for Prospect Education or Charter College.

Aug 31, 2015 – Lead Management and Production Coordinator

It is absolutely amazing to see our students grow into professionals and we know that a large part of that growth is due to our wonderful staff and faculty. Our small classrooms and welcoming ... More

"Poor company to work for"

Former Employee - Instructor in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Instructor in Bellingham, WA

Pros

The love of teaching and helping students is what kept me there.

Cons

My paycheck was often incorrect. Different duties offered different payrates but none were itemized on the paycheck. I made sure to keep my own records. When compared to my check, 70% of the time out was wrong and I always felt like I was begging for money. On a few occasions, payrates would change with no notice. It wasn't until after the work was complete and the paycheck was incorrect that I was notified of the change in pay. I felt there was no one higher up the chain to go to.

Advice to Management

Many employees have expressed their opinions but we're not listened to do I feel it's a waste of time to bother with it at this point.

Sep 29, 2015 – Lead Management and Production Coordinator

Thank you for dedication and sharing your love of teaching with our students. We’re sorry to hear about your paycheck difficulties and we will look into the complications you experienced. We ... More

"Great People and great pay."

Former Employee - Instructor in Wasilla, AK
    Former Employee - Instructor in Wasilla, AK

I worked at Charter College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The money was good the time off was as expected

Cons

Life in academia as expected

Advice to Management

Good Job

"Love It!"

Current Employee - Instructor in Canyon Country, CA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Canyon Country, CA

I have been working at Charter College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You help change lifes. Watching students graduate and then go on to work is the most wonderful thing. I have seen homeless people get back on the feet.

Cons

Just when you get comfortable something changes but that happens all thoughout life.

Advice to Management

Keep management at the local level. Great choice getting rid of all the regional positions.

"Working at Charter College was a poor educational experiance"

Former Employee - Instructor in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Instructor in Anchorage, AK

Pros

Working with people that are trying to change their life.
    Excellent co-workers

Cons

Management could care less about the employee.
    Very restrictive on how you set up your class room...even the computer screens are secured down so you cant adjust them.

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees are your most valuable assets.
    Read the employee evaluations on the company.