Charter Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Charter Communications President & CEO Thomas M. Rutledge
Thomas M. Rutledge

1,127 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You get Free cable and Internet service (in 58 reviews)

• they really do their best at taking care of you, free cable and internet (in 115 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't care about you (in 56 reviews)

• Doesn't like new work/life balance approaches (in 21 reviews)

1. "I Love Charter!"

Current Employee - Front Counter Representative in Simpsonville, SC
    Current Employee - Front Counter Representative in Simpsonville, SC

Pros

They care about thier employees! As long as you do your job and take care of the customers needs it is a great place to be. There is also alot of room for growth. The current VP believes in promoting from within the company.

Cons

Things can get hectic at times. You have to learn to be very flexable .

Advice to Management

Its better to pick somebody that knows their job and takes care of the customer before picking a "friend"

"Charter is a place where you can make a career."

Current Employee - Call Center Sales Supervisor
    Current Employee - Call Center Sales Supervisor

Pros

Compensation & Benefits, career opportunities and Recognition & Feedback. Charter is a wonderful company to work for and I have worked there for quite awhile now. I started on the phones back in 2000 and due to my willingness to learn and grow I was quickly promoted in the center I work in. Charter believes in your personal growth and developement and management works endlessly on coaching and training. Charter has made me a professional not only in my current position, but also in life. Again it all goes back to the great training, coaching, and opportunities to move up the ladder. Thank you Charter!!!

Cons

Lots of debt. Unsure future. That's the only downside I can see at the moment.

Advice to Management

Hang in there guys. Don't give up! Thank you for all the opportunities you have given me.

"satified despite economy"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Decatur, AL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Decatur, AL

Pros

The company is large enough to offer protection and small enough to care.

Cons

The economy has hurt sales people and there is no relief. The company is in restructuring.

Advice to Management

Offer relief to sales people who are selling and working hard.

4. "Plenty of advancement opportunities."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

Pros

We are moving in a positive direction with focus on the right priorities:
    1. Customer
    2. Employees
    3. Shareholders
    4. Community

Cons

There are still many remnants of the numerous smaller cable systems that were purchased in the past. The power struggles and the enterprise infrastructure still need work, but the infrastructure part is rapidly being addressed.

Advice to Management

With regards to the power struggles mentioned in the cons section, it would appear that some actual accountability at the 2 levels below EVP would go along way toward solving these issues.

5. "Not A Bad Place To Start A Career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Pros

I think the best thing that sets Charter apart from everyone else is the diversity it shows in it's hiring process and the fact that they strongly promote from within.

Cons

I strongly believe their attendence policy is a little too strict at times but can understand since it is a call center.

Advice to Management

I think they really need to think about streamlining their process by doing away with some many equipment options because having a set standard would make it easier to troubleshoot and give better customer service.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Broadband Sales Specialist in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Broadband Sales Specialist in Greenville, SC

Pros

Excellent commission, Benefits and time off

Cons

Many goals to hit, can become tedious

Advice to Management

Alignment, Make management more responsible on team level

7. "Easiest job I have ever had."

Current Employee - CB AC in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - CB AC in Louisville, KY

Pros

Charter is a super laid back place to work. Short of doing something insane or just not coming to work there is like no way to get fired. The dress is casual i.e no dresses, skirts, khakis, ties, dress shirts or heels. They do NOT micromanage you as long as you do your work. If you are being micromanaged its because you are not doing your job. I have worked at Charter for less than 2 years and I have been promoted 4 times!

Cons

Sometimes management is no to date with policy and procedure, but other than that in my experience they all look out for their people.

"Great Company to work for."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Payne, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Payne, AL

Pros

Charter has good benefits and they are overall very friendly to the lower staff. I also like the freedom to change positions with the company.

Cons

I would not say that there are cons with the job, however if there is something that I would say I was not fond of it would be the lack of respect from some of the customers.

Advice to Management

No advice for management, Charter is a great company and I am thankful to have a great job with benefits.

"Charter Communications is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Madison, WI

Pros

Charter and its management team provides each employee the opportunity to grow and advance within the company through showing initiative and an eagerness to work and advance. They help you to succeed if you want to. The teamwork is amazing as everyone wants to help each other succeed to ensure that the company continues to grow and to ensure we become an industry leader.

Cons

The pay at Charter might be a little lower than other organizations in the industry, but they make up for it with the benefits they provide.

Advice to Management

I would like to say that Charters Management team should continue to do what it is doing as the compnay continues to grow and is now a leader in internet speeds and reliablilty as well as providing new standards and services.

10. "Love my Job!"

Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Walker, MI
    Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Walker, MI

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with! best managment team I have ever had. Over all very satisfied in my career!

Cons

Some co- workers who are just here for a check and make it sound like its the worst place to work. When in reality they couldnt find a job with a better work atmosphere or pay and benefits!

Showing 1,127 of 1,161 reviews