Charter Global Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Murli Reddy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work environment is fast paced and challenging (in 9 reviews)

• The benefits are excellent, everyone is really flexible and they offer a great work life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons for fake experience holders (in 7 reviews)

• Top management being dumb and lame spectator of nuisance things happening in front of them (in 4 reviews)

1. "Awesome Immigration Team"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Charter Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good immigration team who understands all your concern, and speedy response. They really do they job.

Cons

Poor compensation
    Works in almost 70/30% rate

Advice to Management

For the right candidate isn't it make sense to revisit the compensation after an year.

2. "Good Company but poor Management"

Current Employee - Tech Lead
    Current Employee - Tech Lead

I have been working at Charter Global full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company is good interms of paying on time , taking your immigration issues, dealing professionally with vendors. I have been with 10 years and never my H1 got rejected.

Cons

Poor communication from the Internal teams ( HR, Finance, Accounting). Business Development managers does not take care of thier Consultants well.

Advice to Management

If you take care of employees, they will take care of you. Remember you are here to this stage bcoz of employees.

"Excellent Service"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Charter Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very transparent working system handling all immigration issues at ease

Cons

More Job openings to be offered in Dallas

4. "Professional, stick to what they say. Pays you on time."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Charter Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional, stick to what they say. Pays you on time. Very supportive immigration department.

Cons

No Transparency about pay rates. Management is very cut throat, there is no place for negotiation/consideration on anything. Whatever they say is FINAL. Do not give a one ounce of courtesy to what you have to say. In ALL matters, their decision is final

Advice to Management

Please, please listen to your employees once in a while. When they come to you for some help, try at least something from your side to help out your own employee.

5. "Immigration"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Charter Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is treating me well and all (HR, Manager, Immigration, recruitment, payroll) are responding promptly, particularly the migration team has through up to date knowledge and very good documenting skills, they helped me a lot for all my immigration related work and require document for my travel and for family. Manager also takes care my request on time and talks to management to get the request done very effectively. Overall, I am very happy with Charter Global

Cons

Require better provision for training & career plan for each employee. 401k plan need to be flexible

Advice to Management

Bring more direct client and projects. Engage employee who works remotely and share the company progress in a regularly basis

6. "Horrible management and culture"

I worked at Charter Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The position they hired me for was not at all what they wanted me to do.

Cons

They treat their people horribly, especially the off shore team. The pay and benefits are horrible.

Advice to Management

It is obvious from the other reviews (the ones that are real and not the fake ones manufactured internally to make themselves look better) that they don't listen to advice.

7. "Good company"

Former Employee - Immigration Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Immigration Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Charter Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CGI was a good company to work for right out of college. They try to maintain a positive work culture and offer a good work environment.

Cons

They would rather keep a toxic employee employed and that to me is horrible. This toxic employee has had several complaints and several people have left because of HER actions and the way she treats people is industrial-age based. Loyalty and honesty to CGI is nothing if you have a smart corporate counsel to rely on. They can manipulate their way into anything and it is unfortunate that CGI allows such behaviors to linger for so long.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and invest in a performance management system that will ultimately reward the hard-working, loyal, and honest employees. People should not have to ask for raises and praise. Employees should not have to go through mental agony and stress over another co-worker that is dysfunctional in the way SHE treats others. Also, bring back the 401k; your people will appreciate it. Instead of investing in future client opportunities all of the time, maybe in invest in those that help you get there. That includes EVERYONE.

Aug 16, 2017 – Sr Marketing Manager

Thank you for your comments. We aim to be receptive to productive suggestions for improvement in our employee relations and how we conduct business. Immigration law is a challenging area of our... More

"Great place to work with excellent teams"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Charter Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been associated with charter for the past 6 years. In those 6 years I never felt they have let me down.

* Top management takes good care of their team, excellent benefits and good pay.
    * Great support staff, especially IMMIGRATION lawyer is very pro active and dynamic. She is very responsive and meticulous at the same time.

Cons

None, all the disagreements where solved promptly.

Advice to Management

With the changing markets, we need to redefine our future goals and strategies to stay longer in the game

Aug 16, 2017 – Sr Marketing Manager

Thank you for your comments and your long service. As you note, to stay competitive, we'll need to continuously refine strategies, but also be responsive to immigration legal challenges .

"Good Company & Great Immigration Dept."

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Charter Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The new Immigration Lawyer and team are very good and professional. They respond promptly and understand the concerns of the employee . Works with consultants through each step of the process and would go above and beyond to resolve the issues/concerns. The top management is transparent as well, when there was honest mistake made in my case they have handled it professionally and quickly to resolve it. Pay is always on time and HR department also promptly responds to the mails/calls.

Cons

It is difficult to get the CG Manager to renegotiate the pay with the client annually based on the performance and project deliverables, even if the client manager/director is willing to do so.

Advice to Management

It would be highly appreciated, if there is a annual pay revision based on performance and client feedback . Some of the projects are long term and feel stuck with the same pay even after gaining experience and performing above and beyond in the team with additional responsibilities over the course of the project.

Aug 16, 2017 – Sr Marketing Manager

Thank you for your comments. Your insight is appreciated.

"Good Work Place"

I have been working at Charter Global full-time

Pros

I was very satisfied with Charter immigration team They has a very kind professional attitude, full of compassion, always prompt with answering all my questions and concerns.Each call had the utmost professionalism. Thank you so much for your help.

Cons

So far I could not find anything.

Advice to Management

I just wanted to take a moment to let you know of my experience with immigration Team. They are always very quick to respond, made there self available during times that most would consider after hours and always patient in explaining the status and details/developments.
    Every step along the way, I was kept informed of the progress, promises were maintained, copies of communication between Charter and USA govt immigration office representatives were always sent to me. I thank and commend attorney and her team for truly being For the Charter Team!!

Aug 16, 2017 – Sr Marketing Manager

We appreciate your comments and are glad to know that our legal team has been of service.