Chartwell Retirement Residences "residences" Reviews | Glassdoor

Chartwell Retirement Residences Employee Reviews about "residences"

Updated Dec 5, 2019

3.7
Chartwell Retirement Residences President and CEO W. Brent Binions (no image)
W. Brent Binions
Pros
  • "Good benefit package/ lots of room for staff at the residences(in 8 reviews)

• "Chartwell is a big professional company with good benefits and nice colleagues at the head office(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay for a lot more work than you should have to do in a Retirement home(in 5 reviews)

• "Unhealthy food, terrible management, no room for advancement, no respect for family life(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "residences"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work and great people to work with"

Current Employee - Professional Bus Driver in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Chartwell Retirement Residences part-time for more than a year

Pros

Enjoy the staff and residences and the hours I work are just perfect.

Cons

I have worked at Chartwell almost 2 years and have found no Cons

Chartwell Retirement Residences2019-12-06

Chartwell Retirement Residences Response

December 10, 2019Communications Coordinator

Thank you for the positive feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and rating.

2. "Awesome Workplace"

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Chartwell Retirement Residences full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

For me, Chartwell Retirement Residence is the best place to work with, Team work abounds and we us workers are respected by our colleagues and leaders..Our manager is a mentor and great example of love for work , be it a housekeeper, food server , concierge., Our staffs, managers and residents are kind ,compassionate. Hi and Hello are our morning happiness... we work together with and end goal.. to make peoples life better...Where love, kindness abounds... makes us all inspired to work.

Cons

The only thing is its far from my house.

Chartwell Retirement Residences2019-06-27
  3. "Grea"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Pros

Good benefit package/ lots of room for staff at the residences

Cons

No room for advancement in corporate

Chartwell Retirement Residences2019-06-18
  4. "Server"

Current Employee - Server

Pros

You get really close with some of the residence and free food after shifts are done

Cons

Very disorganize management and workers that have been there long think they run the place and can be quite mean

Chartwell Retirement Residences2018-01-23

"Front line"

Current Employee - Front Line Staff in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Chartwell Retirement Residences full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The residences is the reason i worked there.

Cons

They hire management that are unfit for the job.Very unapproachable.If they do not like you watch out and run because they will find a way to get rid of you.

Chartwell Retirement Residences2017-05-21

"Administrative Assistant"

I have been working at Chartwell Retirement Residences

Pros

Most employees are great, take their work to heart. Good benefits overall for office employees and managers in the residences. Other residence employees, what is called front line, are second class citizens compared to management.

Cons

Extreme micro-managing in departments. Lack of communication between departments. Seems like each department has its own agenda and goals to meet, no matter how they achieve those goals.

Chartwell Retirement Residences2017-03-09

"Horrible politics"

Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Chartwell Retirement Residences full-time

Pros

The residents and coworkers make every day a blessing. The company supports beautiful buildings and spends money to keep residences at high standard. Values and principles great, but not embodied by upper management.

Cons

Terrible regional management, often less qualified than the managers they oversee. Unethical/ illegal practices with respect to rate increases and fees. Often reported to provincial bodies and licensing. Raises, bonuses and benefits dismal for employees, but fat for senior management.

Chartwell Retirement Residences2016-04-23

"Lack of respect and support"

in North Toronto, ON

I worked at Chartwell Retirement Residences

Pros

Some of the residents are the nicest people you will ever meet and the residence for the most part is clean and no odours

Cons

Management is very bad The GM hired buddies and formed their clique They would talk behind the residents back, make fun of them and then be so two faced and warm and nice in front of them. Backstabbing and giving the cold shoulder was their speciality if you were not in the group They would purposefully make work harder for others and laugh about it all the while they would do the very minimal at theirs. They were manipulative to their superiors at head office and of course those at head office were so full of themselves and power struck they went along with it

Chartwell Retirement Residences2015-11-19