Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services Cook Reviews | Glassdoor

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services CEO  Lisa McEuen
Lisa McEuen
  1. "Fun overall"

Current Employee - Cook

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really fun menu very enjoy all around and enjoy the hours

Cons

some of the employees can work better

Advice to Management

They are awesome and I love the energy

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2019-01-18

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services Response

January 25, 2019Director of Brand Voice and Digital Strategy

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad to hear that you’re having fun and enjoying your experience with Chartwells Higher Education. It’s wonderful that your hours are flexible enough to meet your needs. Our favorite part of your review is that ...

2. "Not great"

Former Employee - PM Cook

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Work is mindless, so it's not terribly hard. Lots of opportunity for vacation

Cons

Management is both unwilling and able to enact any meaningful change, and they don't pay anywhere near enough for the amount of work you're required to do.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they're worth

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2019-04-24
  3. "Cool"

Current Employee - Cook in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are nice most of the time.

Cons

It can be inefficient; the work process that is.

Advice to Management

None

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2019-03-21
  4. "Bad Management"

Former Employee - Cook in Hays, KS

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

You have a job for alive.

Cons

Terrible management, you have no future.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2019-04-06
  5. "Great place great food"

Current Employee - Lead Cook in San Jose, CA

Pros

Love the team atmosphere snd the executive chef

Cons

Policies they have for attendance not so great especially in an emergency situations

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2018-11-02

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services Response

November 30, 2018Director of Brand Voice and Digital Strategy

Thanks for leaving us a five star review. We're glad that you love the team you work with, including the Executive Chef. It’s great to hear that you are enjoying your experience with us and that you find opportunities to hone your culinary talent within Chartwells Higher Education.

"Be careful of this place!"

Former Employee - Cook in Whitewater, WI

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services for more than a year

Pros

They are creative when it comes to food Wish they would explore more food options that are healthier when it comes to their menus

Cons

Management doesn't follow policy when dealing with issues with other employees There was plenty of times were I have not felt safe at work because of the hostility of the workplace. Lots of criticism and never compliments No room in the company to move up lots of high stress with little time to work on food preparation No dental and vision. Only health care Unions don't help and they are very unprofessional and...

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2018-03-30
  7. "It's ok"

Current Employee - Food Prep, Cook, Server, Cashier in Shawnee, OK

Pros

Free meal, time off is with the students . Students are great

Cons

Management needs a revise. Managers dont listen to anyone rather be short than habe enough employees, work 10 hrs but get paid for 8!

Advice to Management

Validate the complaints ! Listen to the employees with experience, some complaints are real! Retaliation is a big factor here. Great company but poor management!

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2018-03-31
  8. "Good, Easy, and Welcoming Student Job"

Current Employee - Cook in Spring Arbor, MI

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Working here helps you afford Spring Arbor University's heavy pricing.

Cons

It can take away from time you could be hanging with friends, doing homework or sleeping.

Advice to Management

I know some lower management at Spring Arbor University's campus has been abusive to employees. Try to higher better managers of students.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2017-06-22
  9. "cook"

Current Employee - Cook in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The people you work with and meet.I love my job.I am the breakfast cook and I am good at what I do.

Cons

Too many breaks.Im on a two month break and I need to pay my bills so this is Unexceptable.Its the longest break i've had since I've been with the company and I've worked over 15 years for the company.

Advice to Management

Be fair to the employees that have been there for and does excellent work for the company.Please work on how you treat your employees.I feel the prejudice in this company.Expecially when the head chef brings back in 2 weeks all the employees he has hired from a previous job he worked at.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2017-05-09

"Cook"

Former Employee - Cook in San Marcos, TX

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Had fun with the co workers I had. Could decide if I wanted to show up to worm or not. While I worked there some of the college student constantly no called no showed on an average basis and were never penalized. Free food for lunch. Great job for slackers.

Cons

Almost always under staffed Refused to take action on known problem causing supervisors, a supervisor responsible for multiple people quiting, and slack while nagging everyone else. Management doesnt care too much about you. If you are good ina spot like slaving over the hottest biggest grill all day with barely a break, dont expect to ever leave that spot because they will be unwilling to train or put anyone in that...

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees. Offer competitive pay, if you are seen working hard while others stand around and talk tou should be rewarded. Stick to your rules. Half of my coworkers should have been fired for being late, eating on the job, no call no shows, disobedience, leaving the job clocked in (going to the store and coming back), drug abuse on the clock and a few other against policy actions that aren't held...

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2017-02-09