Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services Grill Cook Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

2.2
Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services CEO  Lisa McEuen
Lisa McEuen
  1. "My experience has been pleasant"

Current Employee - Grill Cook in Reno, NV

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The company offers yearly raises as well as health and dental insurance. Many employees have been working here for over 20 years, and others are part time college students.

Cons

It is nearly impossible to get a raise because they give a 3% yearly raise.

Advice to Management

I would obviously like more compensation for the amount and quality of work that I do.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2014-10-07
  2. "Chaos"

Former Employee - Grill Cook in Des Moines, WA

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Ok benefits Engaging environment Plenty of paid days off and vacation My coworkers were like a second family to me

Cons

Poorly managed Low pay Uncertain hours Company terminated their contract with our client with little notice, leaving us jobless

Advice to Management

There's little incentive to stay with this company. Management is chaos, pay is well below industry standards, everything is done last minute.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2015-07-13

"My coworkers keep me from ripping my hair out and throwing knives."

Current Employee - Grill Cook in Spring Arbor, MI

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The pay isn't horrible. My coworkers are awesome, and it's fairly laid back. They don't really care if you have experience, and train on the job.

Cons

Though the company says they are all about your personal growth through management training opportunities, this is a load of crap. They are more interested in their bottom line than investing in the bettering of their employees. I have asked to receive these training opportunities multiple times and have been completely ignored. People run through this place like water, and the massive turnovers mean that staffing is...

Advice to Management

Invest in the talent that walks through your doors. It is few and far between, but if you do you won't lose good workers.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2014-12-12
  4. "The company that can do better for its employees."

Current Employee - Grill Cook in Towson, MD

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

I enjoy working with the people on my job. Seeing the students every day.

Cons

I wish the company would stop treating their employees like numbers of their bottom line. They don't care as long their getting paid.

Advice to Management

Need training on how to communicate with their employees and stop talking down to them. And being petty over little thing, they help in bringing the morale .

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2014-12-11
  5. "Its a decent college job"

Current Employee - Grill Cook in

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services

Pros

Flexibility in you hours to fit around school Capability to work with a great staff On the job learning Working with food

Cons

Low pay, not many raises Your expendable You are in charge of how positive your work experience The Chartwells senior employees look down on you

Advice to Management

I think the management should give more respect to the student workers, not view them as expendable and afford them the benefit of the doubt in troublesome situations.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2010-04-13