Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services "flexible hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services Employee Reviews about "flexible hours"

Found 497 reviews

3.2
Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services CEO  Lisa McEuen
Lisa McEuen
Pros
  • "It was a very easy job to attain that had flexible hours to work around my classes(in 19 reviews)

• "Free Food, Flexible and everything else is dependent on your boss(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay rate for a position that required an abundance of experience(in 27 reviews)

• "Things are not always organized, Upper management takes a long time on decision making(in 23 reviews)

Reviews about "flexible hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good part time job"

Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Flexible hours. Not too much stress.

Cons

They cut alot of hours for no reason. Has issues with paying you what you are owed.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2019-05-05
  2. "Good for a first internship"

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time

Pros

Good pay, flexible hours, free meals, gain working experience, company truly cares about their interns

Cons

There is bad communication at times

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2019-03-04

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services Response

March 11, 2019Director of Brand Voice and Digital Strategy

Thank you for leaving us a review! We’re thrilled to hear that you choose us for your first internship. We appreciate your note about compensation, hours and training and will relay that to our team. We offer a myriad of development opportunities for interns and are happy that ...

"Only good for short periods"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radford, VA

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

It was a very easy job to attain that had flexible hours to work around my classes.

Cons

The company's hiring practices leave a lot to be desired. Most of the managers are unqualified and they hire basically anyone who applies leaving hard workers doing double the work to make up for unqualified workers.

Advice to Management

Management should treat there hardworking staff better and either stop hiring or fire unqualified workers.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2018-04-18
  4. "Why I would recommend working at Chartwells"

Current Employee - Wellness in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- supportive work environment - understanding leaders and managers - flexible hours/scheduling - opportunities to learn and grow - opportunities to make more money - energetic environment - diverse

Cons

- diversity can lead to conflict in a work place - high responsibility - difficulty clocking-in

Advice to Management

I would just suggest adopting a time-clock system that is fully functional, right now clocking-in is a pain!

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2018-04-04
  5. "Food Service Employee"

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time

Pros

Flexible Hours, good people to work with

Cons

Poor pay, Full time union employees are a pain to deal with.

Advice to Management

Pay students more and hold them to higher standards.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2017-10-10
  6. "College student/Part-time worker"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Bluffton, SC

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible hours, understanding about school schedules, make friends your age, free meals.

Cons

Poor management, many employees quit because of overworking and the company abusing its employees, often asked to do things not within your job duties, a lot of cleaning, extreme unfairness between employees

Advice to Management

Hire more people so that when others cannot work, there is a backup, not forced work.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2016-12-09
  7. "Line Cook"

Former Employee - Line Cook in Bowling Green, OH

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Good people. You'll meet people from all walks of life. Learning is encouraged and in fact most often you'll have paid days where you learn to do new things. Flexible hours.

Cons

There is a slow climb to reach decent pay especially for students. Also very strict policies in some respects.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2016-11-03
  8. "Not the best job ever"

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services

Pros

Convenient location, pretty flexible hours, lower management was pretty nice and understanding, easy work for the most part

Cons

Upper management terrible at my location and act like lower level employees aren't worth being acknowledged, refuses to give raises. People are often made to do additional work that is not in their job description and they aren't being paid for.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people and they might be more willing to stay longer and work harder

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2016-03-30
  9. "Ex-Supervisor-Great experience"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Fitchburg, MA

Pros

Worked here for 5 years. I would still work here if not trying for a job in my field. I worked while in school. Flexible hours, great number of hours available. My manager had my back. Free food 2 events for staff each year Yearly Raise

Cons

Management was shaky but leveled out when I was promoted. | Work only during school schedule Management bites down on overtime Get scolded for things beyond control (What job doesn't have this?) Higher ups didn't like to say 'no' or the truth out of fear which left some employees(myself) without money/work during the downtime without warning. Vacation time accruing was a joke. Benefits were meh.

Advice to Management

Get on the floor a little more and do not fear employee response. Be open but also keep firm and honest. This will make people feel a little more 'in the know' and valuable even if they arn't particularly your fave.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2015-10-22
  10. "The worst job I've ever had; solely due to management."

Current Employee - Baker

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

-free breakfast and lunch, although you have to clock out for your lunch break... which by the way is only thirty minutes. -flexible hours.

Cons

-extremely low employee morale. -terrible management techniques; it makes people hate them instoead of respect them. -no proper training program. -lots of promises from management... very little follow through. -no real sign of advancement opportunities or programs.

Advice to Management

-do not throw the consequences of your poor management abilities on your employees under you; as if your issues were caused by them. -Try praising employees once in a while instead of only seeing them to yell at them. -Create a proper training program to be completed by each new employee. I was literally thrown at my job and told to figure it out.. resulting in quite a few lectures and scolding sessions. It also allowed...

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2015-09-28