Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services "free meals" Reviews | Glassdoor

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services Employee Reviews about "free meals"

Found 497 reviews

3.2
Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services CEO  Lisa McEuen
Lisa McEuen
Pros
  • "It was a very easy job to attain that had flexible hours to work around my classes(in 19 reviews)

• "Free Food, Flexible and everything else is dependent on your boss(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay rate for a position that required an abundance of experience(in 27 reviews)

• "Things are not always organized, Upper management takes a long time on decision making(in 23 reviews)

Reviews about "free meals"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good for a first internship"

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time

Pros

Good pay, flexible hours, free meals, gain working experience, company truly cares about their interns

Cons

There is bad communication at times

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2019-03-04

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services Response

March 11, 2019Director of Brand Voice and Digital Strategy

Thank you for leaving us a review! We’re thrilled to hear that you choose us for your first internship. We appreciate your note about compensation, hours and training and will relay that to our team. We offer a myriad of development opportunities for interns and are happy that ...

2. "DON'T WORK HERE"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shippensburg, PA

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time

Pros

Free meal when you work Decent cowokers

Cons

Rude, unprofessional management, poor conditions, no training, poor pay, poor quality food, very obvious favoritism

Advice to Management

Fire people who continually have complaints made against them and don't allow nepotism especially if the employee is continually a problem. Management hates students, especially those who need to take time off for class. No one knows how to answer the phone, and are usually rude when they do. My biggest piece of advice to management is to actually do something once in a while rather than sit outside and smoke.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2018-04-21
  3. "It's ok"

Current Employee - Food Prep, Cook, Server, Cashier in Shawnee, OK

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free meal, time off is with the students . Students are great

Cons

Management needs a revise. Managers dont listen to anyone rather be short than habe enough employees, work 10 hrs but get paid for 8!

Advice to Management

Validate the complaints ! Listen to the employees with experience, some complaints are real! Retaliation is a big factor here. Great company but poor management!

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2018-03-31
  4. "Not bad but not great either"

Former Employee - Cashier in Edmond, OK

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Free meals every shift, supervisors were nice. Good job opportunities for students.

Cons

Management doesn't know what they want. Below average pay. Employees aren't treated fairly at times.

Advice to Management

Please make sure that you treat your employees equally.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2018-02-20
  5. "Forced to be a manager with no pay rate"

Former Employee - Starbucks Store Manager in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

free meal, nothing else I just needed 5 words

Cons

underpaid, forced to work off the clock, bad food, no perks to working holidays, bullied into doing things you don't want to do

Advice to Management

TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES WITH RESPECT

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2018-02-27
  6. "If you Hate Chartwell, DONT EVEN BOTHER TO APPLY FOR GIANT EAGLE!"

Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services full-time

Pros

free meals which will help a person save $$$j; team environment; everyone including chefs are willing to pitch in (OHIO) to help keep the work place safe and stress free.

Cons

Dont have your own schedule. You have to accept the previous worker's (who quits or gets promoted) due to schedule bids.

Advice to Management

Allow each employee that replaces a worker their own schedule. Many quit because they cannot assume a previous worker's schedule bid.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2017-05-13

"Busy work, low pay"

Former Employee - Supervisor of Operations in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free meals in the dining halls, chefs were awesome to work with.

Cons

Low pay rate for a position that required an abundance of experience. College degree made no bearing on pay rate until I was ready to quit and received a 1.50 raise which still didn't put me in the position to make a decent living. The kitchen and dining hall staff were paid even less. I worked at a university campus. The student workers hired on got more an hour than adult men and women with more experience. They were...

Advice to Management

Appreciate staff, don't lowball them and offer college kids living in the dorms a better wage. Understand frustrations from supervisors. Know when someone is over qualified for something and don't hire them on for a job anyone could do.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2017-02-07
  8. "College student/Part-time worker"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Bluffton, SC

Pros

Very flexible hours, understanding about school schedules, make friends your age, free meals.

Cons

Poor management, many employees quit because of overworking and the company abusing its employees, often asked to do things not within your job duties, a lot of cleaning, extreme unfairness between employees

Advice to Management

Hire more people so that when others cannot work, there is a backup, not forced work.

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2016-12-09
  9. "Caribou worker"

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services

Pros

You receive free meals before or after your shift. You also get a free meal on your break and you don't have to punch out for 15 min breaks. Most shifts are 4 hours

Cons

Being that it's a work study job you don't get paid a significant amount of money ... Typically minimum wage

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2016-10-21
  10. "It is okay for students"

I have been working at Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services

Pros

Flexible with student's schedule. pay twice a month. free meals

Cons

labor working. Standing for long hours

Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services2016-10-15