Chase Brexton Health Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Patrick Mutch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Patients we serve Makes the work place more enjoyable makes it easier to come into each day (in 2 reviews)

• There are some caring, competent, amazing clinicians throughout the agency who are dedicated to serving vulnerable populations (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Leadership team is not a team but tyrants (in 6 reviews)

• When you get to the sections about "Values" and "Vision," there is no longer any mention of the LGBT community (in 5 reviews)

1. "You have to be in it for the mission"

I have been working at Chase Brexton Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You really are working with some of the most underserved populations in Baltimore, and that makes the work itself rewarding. If you want a sense of purpose in your work, Chase Brexton certainly delivers. Things are improving, albeit slowly.

Cons

Almost no communication between departments. Many medical staff are demoralized and burned out, resulting in high staff turnover. Feels almost like someone is hovering behind your back waiting for you to mess up; no trust between staff and management whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Soliciting feedback is only half the game - you have to listen to it and implement solutions. Your employees are talking to each other; make sure they feel comfortable talking to management, too.

"Slowly improving"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Chase Brexton Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My Co-workers and the

Cons

Poor Leadership
    Staff is Under appreciated
    Provides feel burnt out
    Workflow is not always efficient
    High retention rate for psr's and providers

Advice to Management

Hire leader that stays atleast a year
    Pay attention to what the "supervisors produce" and not just what you see
    Listen to the employees and learn to appreciate them

3. "Patient Service Representive"

I have been working at Chase Brexton Health Care full-time

Pros

Friendly staff, welcoming faces, understanding

Cons

parking garages rates, bonuses and vacation time

4. "Great work that supports the community"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Chase Brexton Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New management recognizes the value of the work and the responsibility to the community

Cons

The unfortunate impact on a great organization

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!!

"Improvements"

Current Employee - Case Manager
    Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Chase Brexton Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Changes at the top make me hopeful that the work environment here is improving. Regardless, providers are still leaving because of massive workloads. I am hopeful that collective bargaining will get us a contract that will allow both providers and the organization to thrive.

Cons

Hide staff turnover leads to unhappy patients.

Advice to Management

Do what you can to keep medical providers happy and employed here.

"Overall good experience"

Current Employee - Case Management
    Current Employee - Case Management

I have been working at Chase Brexton Health Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working here because I enjoy the work that I do and the satisfaction I get from helping our patients. Also, I love relationships I have built a with my colleagues. Not to mention the benefits are pretty good as well

Cons

Over the past several years I have worked here there has definitely been a shift in the moral of the company. I love what I do, but they have really gotten away from employee recognition and true patient care. The basis of the work we do has become all about the numbers (money).

Advice to Management

Change is not always a good thing

"Loss of job integrity, increased staff burnout and decreased staff retention"

Current Employee - Behavioral Health Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Behavioral Health Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Chase Brexton Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The agency attracts highly qualified compassionate providers. The union was voted in almost unanimously by medical ,dental, and behavioral health providers. Unionization is now the viable way for us to regain our voice at the table when advocating for our patients. Providers welcome the understanding of this of the many new providers who have replaced a large group of amazing clinicians who left.

Cons

Clinicians are allied with patients at the front lines but have somehow lost the opportunity to have a voice in the structure and content of their work environments. Management drives disunity and wants to remain authoritarian.

Advice to Management

We are in crisis and we need change now.

"Change is in the wind"

Current Employee - CMOD in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - CMOD in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Chase Brexton Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Provide excellent healthcare to our patients, decent pay, comfortable place to work, leadership is changing

Cons

Unionized Providers!!!! They feel that they are better than everyone else!

Advice to Management

Since you can't get rid of the old Chase Brexton core that decided to unionize, get rid of those individuals so that those of us who were hired after the vote, can get rid of the union. It is unnecessary evil, especially SEIU! I work hard for my dollars, should not have to pay a union. Also, we now have, it seems, a great new CEO in place and a COO who has FQHC experience and is a nurse, what what! I believe that things are about to get much better - but only if the union goes!

9. "great"

Pros

people and patients make it great

Cons

corporate atmosphere can be a bit money focused

"Former provider"

I worked at Chase Brexton Health Care full-time

Pros

Serves patients who fall through the cracks of traditional healthcare.

Cons

The CEO doesn't understand not-for-profit healthcare system. He is a tiny tyrant who keeps the agency in continual change so no one but him knows the policies, organizational chart and the direction the agency is going. In his tremendous insecurity he created Us vs. Them conflicts, pitting the employees who created and grew the agency from its grassroots against those he hired. You can see the divide in some of the reviews on this site (where you see the "throw the bums out" sentiments); the CEO and his cronies have destroyed the character of CBHC and that is why I left. If you consider employment at CBHC be sure to take your ulcer medicines!

Advice to Management

The Board of DIrectors needs to fire the CEO.