Chase Park Plaza Reviews | Glassdoor

Bill Derbins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Housekeeping"

I worked at Chase Park Plaza full-time

Pros

I love cleaning, I learned something new every day when cleaning the hotel rooms at the hotel. I love that job and the workers were very nice and easy to get alone with, and very respectful.

Cons

Its was a lot of rooms to clean at one time and the time frame. But once you got a hang of it ,you got use to working that way.

Advice to Management

the manger was great

"Food Service"

Pros

Pays slightly above minimum wage, No tips. Several nights they make huge amounts of money on post wedding cocktail hours. Not one extra cent goes to those who are generating that income.

Cons

Treat workers like second class citizens. Cannot be seen by guests while not working must stay in the basement while not working.

Advice to Management

Higher pay = less turnover.

3. "Director of Food & Beverage"

Pros

Great people. Great location in CWE and Mr. Smith was the best ever to work for.

Cons

Traffic is horrible in the morning and afternoons.

4. "Went from local to corporate management"

Pros

Some cool people work there

Cons

There doesnt seem to be any opportunity for advancement, especially if youre not willing to move every two years

5. "Awesome company"

Current Employee - Pilates Instructor in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Pilates Instructor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Chase Park Plaza part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's so cool to work in a boutique hotel with lots of history. I love using the secret corridors that staff use to get around. The hotel is beautiful and everyone is friendly. You get free parking in the garage and also a discount on some shops on Maryland plaza!
     I work in Santé Fitness and I get to use the gym for free and take classes, which are great.
    We have an employee dining room and we always get lunch or dinner. With free coffee too!
    I love the gym manager, Hallie, she is very easy to talk to and very organized.

Cons

It's so hard to think of any cons!
    Sometimes taking the employee entrance is not fun because it takes longer- but I understand you can't have tons of staff walking in the front door!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Best hotel I've worked at, doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Chase Park Plaza full-time

Pros

Working in an independent property is quite nice... not as much corporate "crap" to deal with. Most of the managers genuinely care about their hourly employees, and all of the upper management knows who you are. 90% of the clientele are fantastic guests who are predisposed to be pleased with everything, making for very pleasant guest-employee interactions most of the time.

Cons

This is still a hotel, so weekends and holidays are pretty much guaranteed to be on your schedule. Also, the pay is not good enough to keep the turnover down in most departments, so there is always a "new person" being trained, and there isn't really any training system in place for most departments. Cross-training to other departments is a laugh, so don't bother trying.

Advice to Management

Setting a slightly higher base pay would allow the company to attract people who are more serious about staying in hospitality as a career, rather than just a job, and would encourage employees to stay at the property longer, reducing the turnover and reducing the "wasted" pay spent on training new employees constantly. In addition, allowing cross-training, rather than just talking about it and not ever following up, would allow interested employees to learn more about the property and the industry and prepare them better for advancement within the company.

7. "Could have been worse"

Pros

It wasn't my life so it wasn't very taxing.

Cons

Management can suck but is mostly made of good people.