Chasse Consulting Sales Strategies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Beverly Chasse

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"The Team Was Everything"

I worked at Chasse Consulting Sales Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being a part of the Chasse team was like no other work experience I've ever had. We worked hard, but we always had each other's back, and it was always for the same goal: to produce quality products and services for our clients.

Cons

When we were busy, it was very difficult to maintain a work/life balance.

2. "Creativity, Innovation, and Heart!"

Pros

I am so proud to work at a place that has a strong set of core values, puts the client first, and helps the community around us. I look around me and see an amazing team, cream of the crop, who are all amazing people and put their full heart into everything they do. I get up in the morning and I am so excited to go to work. My accomplishments are recognized and valued. At Chasse, I have the most inspiring mentors, including the CEO, that help to stretch and grow my professional abilities. They encourage a creative and innovative environment where every voice is heard. This enables the company to continuously shift and grow, operating with amazing efficiency. I highly recommend Chasse Consulting!

Cons

There are no cons in my mind, Chasse Consulting is a fantastic place to work!

"Continuous chaos"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Chasse Consulting Sales Strategies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company manages to attract and hire some talented people for staff positions, but due to the dysfunctional, inept management and frequent firings, there is a revolving door and lots of turnover.

Cons

This was a difficult, exhausting and frankly sometimes scary place to work due to the bullying and shell games inflicted on employees by the top-heavy management (with the exception of the CFO who seemed to want to help us). The inconsistent and constantly changing management practices resulted in a lot of fire drills, scheduling problems and damage control.

Advice to Management

Business ethics and telling the truth should be included in your "core values".

4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, ME
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, ME

I worked at Chasse Consulting Sales Strategies (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a friendly and hardworking atmosphere.

Cons

I feel they had a small benefits package.

"Great company"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Chasse Consulting Sales Strategies (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great company. Friendly staff. Make you feel valued.

Cons

Nothing to complain about at all.

"What A Joke"

I worked at Chasse Consulting Sales Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really bonded with some of the people there, and I didn't starve while doing so. I also learned which red flags to avoid in a potential employer. While that may sound snarky, I really do mean that. Sometimes it takes a really bad experience to figure out what you do want.

Cons

The way Chasse Consulting treats people is a tragedy. The CEO and management decided to hire a not even marginally qualified candidate over a very qualified one, who they then turned around and instructed to fire all the people who had initially interviewed him for his job. There is a very cliquish culture in which the management bonds with the employees they like by going out and getting wasted together. You can guess whether or not you're going to be harassed into resigning or fired by whether or not you are invited. Company outings turn into nightmares; meetings are all blame-throwing, finger-pointing public humiliation fests. Benefits are held over employees' heads and the volunteering they say they participate in is a total joke. There is a culture of fear and any employee who tries to change things for the better is just waiting for the axe to fall. Many employees who don't openly profess to be unhappy seem as though they might legitimately be suffering from Stockholm syndrome, although some departments seem to receive better treatment than others. I saw many extremely talented, dedicated, smart people run ragged from the manipulation, bullying, and overwork they were made to endure. When I was there, clients were perpetually unhappy because the company was constantly firing people and overpromising. This a job for someone who is willing to devote all their waking hours responding to manmade emergencies. If you can't be happy doing that or have any outside interests at all, look elsewhere.

"Business development intern"

Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Chasse Consulting Sales Strategies (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a lot. I honestly did not get to much out of my internship experience. It's just something to put on my resume but I honestly couldn't talk about it in any interviews because the person managing the interns just didn't care.

Cons

No pay. I worked for chasse for no pay or anything. The least you could do is endorse me for something on linked or write a recommendation which I requested. It would take you five minutes and I came in everyday for four months.

Advice to Management

Do something for your interns. If not pay them, teach them something. Career guidance. At the very least endorse them on LinkedIn

"The Sky's the Limit!"

Current Employee - Director, Program Management in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director, Program Management in Austin, TX

I have been working at Chasse Consulting Sales Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Chasse Consulting for a little over two years now, and as far as career opportunity, the sky is the limit! Employees are encouraged to express and pursue their passions, and are consistently recognized and rewarded for performance.

We live and breathe by the company core values which include high integrity, delivery on promise, on time, accountability for all we do, and exceeding expectations. Having those core values in place makes it easy to identify and make the right and best decisions for our clients and company.

Our open-door policy, which includes the highest level of management, breeds a level of trust and support that I've never experienced at any other company. I greatly value the fact that I can share my ideas, thoughts and concerns with my team, peers and manager, knowing that I have their support and trust.

Cons

As a small consulting company, there are periods of time when more than 8 hours a day are required to ensure that our commitments are met. Employees are aware of this, and understand that client and employee success is non-negotiable. We are a team, and as such, we go above and beyond to ensure the success of our clients and colleagues.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The latest additions of the culture committee and best weekend award are making a positive difference!

"It is exciting to work in an environment where everyone has a direct impact to the success of the company."

I have been working at Chasse Consulting Sales Strategies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Chasse offers all of us a lot of opportunity for a small company. We work with amazing clients, we deliver amazing products. Everyone, at all levels, has a voice. There are great perks: Work from home Tuesday/Thursday, monthly Lunch and Learns, Monday Runday, quarterly volunteer events, 100% paid healthcare, etc... Because it’s a small company, we are all masters of our own destiny and this, in turn, comes with a lot of individual responsibility and accountability. I love working side by side with people who come to work to do their best every day.

Cons

Because it is a small company, everyone must be laser-focused. Down-time is seldom.

Advice to Management

Continue working hard to maintain the core values of accountability and integrity. I appreciate and value working in an environment where we are all held to high standards.

"Worst Place to Work"

I worked at Chasse Consulting Sales Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were a few people that were truly enjoyable to work with. If you can become one of the "in" crowd, then you are golden and can do no wrong.

Cons

Management is horrible. They are inept at what they do and have no respect for others. Executive management is unpleasant and overly harsh. They tend to use bullying with employees, even though they don't call it bullying. The gossiping among the management team is rampant, juvenile and unproductive. Management treats employees as if they are disposable (I know no one is indispensable, but no one likes to be treated as if they are unwanted).

The workload is ridiculous because there is no planning so everything is an emergency. Management seems to thrive on chaos and crisis, which they create on a regular basis. If you try to change things for the better, you are viewed as an outcast and will become a target. Once you are a target, each member of the executive will gang up on you in a "clickish" manner (as if you were in highschool).

Management always emphasize the cost of everything; office space, lunches, employee salaries, etc. While all employees should be aware of costs, management uses this to guilt the employees regarding how they are treated. For example, they tout the covered parking as huge benefit and even document it on their benefits sheet.

Management makes a lot of mistakes, then try to cover them up. While all businesses make mistakes, they make really basic, careless mistakes. When management makes the mistakes, they try to cover it up. When an employee makes a mistake, they publicly berate them in front of others.

Overall the culture is stifling and employees have an underlying level of fear. Management will claim that they have a great work culture, but don't be fooled. You will be underpaid, overworked and treated badly. If you are one of the lucky few in the "in" crowd, you will be ok for a while, until management turns on you too.

Advice to Management

You don't have to treat people great, although other companies do so. Just treat them with respect, which is the minimum employers should do. Once you get that down, then try to treat people with kindness.