Chateau Retirement Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

Chateau Retirement Communities Owner and CEO James A. Godfrey
James A. Godfrey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Leaders Create Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Chateau Retirement Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing owner and CEO that values the residents and the residents experience. Leadership has been through many changes and have really turned things around. Keep up the great work in creating a great culture.

Cons

I really can not think of any.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek input from those that you employ.

2. "Wonderful family atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Chateau Retirement Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family owned company that values staff and recognizes hard work. Chateau also has great benefits and a Bloom Wellness Program for staff. With the wellness program, the company pays for employees tickets to events like 5k runs, Mariners games, movie nights at local theaters, and so much more. The company also really values diversity and embraces cultures from around the world. Can't say enough about this company. Leadership is great, middle management is great, hourly staff is great, everyone is pretty darn wonderful. I wish I didn't have to leave and move cross country.

Cons

Not any that come to mind. Sounds cheesy but I would have stayed with them for much much longer if I could.

Advice to Management

More cross-training between departments would have been fun. I would have loved to spend a day in the life of Culinary, Care, etc. Would make conversations at meetings more dynamic between employees working in different departments.

Chateau Retirement Communities Response

Nov 29, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are launching new ideas into our Bloom Wellness program every month by reaching out to our employees to find out what they enjoy... More

3. "Good Company with Active Engagement Towards Employees"

I have been working at Chateau Retirement Communities full-time

Pros

The environment is welcoming, and there is a genuine desire to see the Employee succeed in their role. There is a willingness to promote from within, and a desire to let Staff grow into their potential. There is freedom to own your position, but people available to ask questions of when needed.

Cons

Pay seems to be a bit lower than other comparable positions, but the environment is great!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Anonymous-Community based"

I worked at Chateau Retirement Communities (More than a year)

Pros

Of course the residents and their families. They are trying to have a healthy employee base by offering health and social events.

They really try in memory care.
    Some great co-workers.

Cons

Please note the best reviews are recent in an effort by management to boast their ratings.
    Some senior staff are positive they are always right and not current in industry and medical standards.
    Two of the communities are very worn and do not appear to be dirty probably because they need to up the housekeeping in public areas. Look up and down and on ledges etc. for goodness sake get rid of ratty furniture.
    Stop taking folks that are not safe for themselves or others without insisting on medical and behavior standards.
     There is a reason they can't keep middle positions staffed.
    IT is a mess, they can't explain their software and how to use it.
    You must be a' yes' person to do well. Blind faith is required.

Advice to Management

Look at what is current in the industry and try to keep up. Your good old boy's and girl's network is not working or fair to what you could be for residents.

'Retirement your way' does not mean that every resident whim is satisfied especially at the the cost of ignoring less vocal folks or what is the best for the community.

Chateau Retirement Communities Response

Oct 30, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns with us. We strive to continuously make improvements at Chateau by listening and implementing new ideas and procedures to improve... More

5. "Bad management"

I worked at Chateau Retirement Communities full-time

Pros

wonderful residents to work for

Cons

management and communication needs work

6. "Highly Recommended!"

Current Employee - Culinary Services Director in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Culinary Services Director in Renton, WA

Pros

Chateau is an amazing place to work! It is full of excitement and energy here. Chateau provides great benefits and there is a huge bloom wellness program for employees to attend fun activities together, hikes, bowling, comedy shows, music festivals. The work environment is healthy and very supportive. It is a fun place to work! There are huge opportunities for advancement in your career as well.

Cons

I've worked here for 2 years now and don't have anything bad to say about this company!

7. "Fun & full of benefits"

Current Employee - Administrative in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Renton, WA

Pros

Offer benefits, $2 employee meals, easy to move up, easy to talk to people and make friends with the residents and employees, paid holidays. The cultures here are very diverse. I love learning about my coworkers culture

Cons

When you really get to know residents and their family, but they move or pass away. You don't get every holiday off

8. "Outstanding place to work!"

I have been working at Chateau Retirement Communities full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All the employees at the Chateau are working for a common goal of taking care of the residents. Living the mission statement and values everyday.

Cons

None that I can think of

9. "Employee Engagement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Pros

Chateau Retirement Communities is continuously working on improving their already outstanding employee engagement. The management team's goal is to obtain continous feedback from their staff so the company is able to implement benefits and programs that will work and is what are needed most. The Wellness program won the 2016 CIGNA Wellness Award as Chateau is leaps and bounds ahead of most companys. Hikes, 5k Runs, Yoga, Sporting Events, Music Concerts and much more are all paid for by Chateau for the employee to attend! This company definitely go's far and beyond to achieve employee engagement.

Cons

Need to work on creating a ladder to grow employees that show talent and dedication early on so as not to lose great staff.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on employee engagement and continuous improvement of policies and procedures. Stay ahead of whats trending and set the bar for the future. Keep utilizing your dedicated team members.

10. "Office"

I have been working at Chateau Retirement Communities full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best place to work...it's an extended family and management listens.

Cons

None at this time

Advice to Management

Keep listening to all employees feedback.