Chawla & Chawla, P.C. Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great environment"

Current Employee - Accountant in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Accountant in Gaithersburg, MD

Pros

Great environment, Love working here.

Cons

In tax season there work load to meet filing dead line, That common in every Tax company.

2. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Chawla & Chawla, P.C. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment and learning opportunities. It is a place where you're comfortable making mistakes because all your seniors are willing to coach you. Arun Chawla is very knowledgeable and compassionate. He gives due credit for your hard work and rewards accordingly. He ensures that everyone in the team is given adequate opportunities and the rest is up to you. I've made some very long lasting relationships and owe my career to Arun Chawla!

Cons

As you would expect in an accounting firm, long working hours but only during busy season. They work hard and party harder!

Advice to Management

Keep growing!

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Chawla & Chawla, P.C. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am very pleased to be with Chawla and Chawla PC. I have worked for a few other tax accounting firms and C&C is at the top of my list. Great work
    Environment, OPEN DOOR Policy, your work is noticed, acknowledged and appreciated.

Cons

Long hours during tax season but it is like any other accounting firm. Furthermore, it is always a good attitude.

4. "Working in a small CPA firm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Pros

Being a small organization, there is open and better communication within the organization. The employer and employees are friendly and cooperative. One can learn all the aspects of services offered.

Cons

There is limited growth opportunities both financially and professionally. The work tends to get repetitive. In the busy season, one is expected to work 14-16 hours a day with inadequate compensation.

Advice to Management

You need to hire more people who are competent. You to need to be impartial and fair when dealing with employees.

5. "Great team!!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Chawla & Chawla, P.C. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved working for a team that truly became a family to me. It truly takes a huge team effort to accomplish what they do and they always do it together--starting with Mr. Arun Chawla: he's one of the most hardworking people I know. C&C is a great opportunity to learn and gain tons of experience is every aspect. I worked close to 5 years with them as an admin assistant and I take pride to say that I was part of such amazing team.

Cons

Not too much of a 'cons' as it's expected in an accounting firm (during the busy season), you are required to work long hours.