Check Point Software Technologies Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Check Point Software Technologies Chairman and CEO Gil Shwed
Gil Shwed

Pros
  • Free Lunch (of "there is no such thing" fame) (in 39 reviews)

• Managers try to enforce a work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Leading company in security. Great people.

Cons

Requires results and effectiveness from everyone.

Advice to Management

2. "Great place to work!!!!"

Current Employee - Product Team Engineer-DTAC in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Product Team Engineer-DTAC in Irving, TX

I have been working at Check Point Software Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive changes this past year. Complete 180 from where we were a year ago. Excellent decision to promote individuals to technical managers who understand the technology and have a true understanding of what we are going through. Sr. Manager is engaging and provides room for growth.

Cons

Know? None. employees who expect others to do their job have been let go or so the writiing on the wall and left on there own.

Advice to Management

Mimic what we're doing in DTAC.

3. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Check Point Software Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

One of the best software companies in the Bay Area

Cons

You will get more than your share of responsibility

Advice to Management

Continue to ramp the company against the competition

5. "Great company that takes care of their employees"

Pros

Great culture & work enviroment. They buy you lunch everyday

Cons

For me the location is a con but other wise non to mention

Advice to Management

N/A

6. "software developer"

I worked at Check Point Software Technologies full-time

Pros

like the place and the environment

Cons

the money is no so good

"Great place"

I have been working at Check Point Software Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros include the outstanding people, the company culture, benefits, and mgmt.

Cons

The hiring process can be a little time consuming.

"Poised for greatness!"

Current Employee - Web Developer in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in San Carlos, CA

Pros

I love working with the great people. Check Point has this startup feel, but the financial security of a big company. I'm always learning new things, and we have some freedom to suggest new technologies. There is always something going on that I haven't felt my work mundane after 7+ years here. I feel that I'm really making a difference for the company and this is important for me. Employees are rewarded for good performance every year with bonuses, salary increases, and even RSU! Some say that this company is cheap, but for the company to send all their employees and significant others across the globe to Mexico for a 3 days excursion has got to speak for itself. And, this is not the first time. Plus, team outings, breakfast on Fridays, and the free waiter.com lunches every day is a great plus!

Cons

There are some challenges working with Israel (our headquarter), due to time differences and some language barriers, but this is expected. The company forces you to think out of the box because you don't have an unlimited amount of funding for your projects, so you have to really find the best solution to get what you need. Because we have been without a leader for a while, there have been some turnovers in the company, but our new CMO is aggressively working to hire new talents.

Advice to Management

Our new CMO, Marie Hattar, is awesome! She brings in a lot of energy, passion, and purpose. This is what the company is missing for a long time now, someone to really lead the Marketing front here in San Carlos, and bring in the Israeli component to make it one company, one voice. I'm really, really excited that Marie is here! She has already made a tremendous effect in the company culture and how we look at things in the short period of time she is here. She is so open and honest about what is going on, and so approachable! A real people-person. We are very lucky to have her and I'm looking forward to only greatness for the company!

9. "Just started and already have learned so much. I love the work atmoshpehere"

Current Employee - Channel Marketing Manager in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Channel Marketing Manager in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Check Point Software Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For working here for only three months, I have learned more in my current position than any previous job I've held before. I have the best supervisor and with the addition of the new CMO, the marketing department has really whipped up into shape. The people that work here could not be nicer and it has been an absolute pleasure working for Check Point.

Cons

Food, food and more food. They love to feed you here!

10. "What an amazing place to make an impact!"

Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Carlos, CA

Pros

There's a lot of camaraderie and support for each other here. People step in to help you out. The work itself is incredibly interesting and constantly changing. So if you like an environment of new and exciting areas to work on, it's great here. The marketing organization is really rejuvenated since we brought on a new CMO. The work environment is great - lots of group outings, always free lunch, breakfasts on Fridays. You also get to work with some of the brightest and smartest people.

Cons

The company has a culture that strives for excellence so you often have to iterate on the work till you get to that level. The HQ is in Israel so sometimes the hour difference calls for early morning or late night calls. It's a very value driven company for any expense which creates many processes when it involves spending with external vendors. If you don't watch it, you are bound to gain the Check Point 10 pounds!

Advice to Management

Listen a bit more to the ideas. Be ready to try some things even if you aren't guaranteed that they will work.

11. "Sales engineer"

Former Employee - Security Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Security Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Check Point Software Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Access to information, tools to do your job.

Cons

None they provide exactly what is promised. This is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Bridge the gap from Israel to US as well as development.