Check 'n Go Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Davis

Pros
Cons
  • Staffing, unrealistic sales goals, too many tasks to accomplish for one or two people, high turnover rate (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not care about you as a person they only care if you're making them money (in 19 reviews)

1. "Under paid and over worked"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid time off, paid holidays

Cons

Too much work for one person. They are never staffed enough, salaries and well below the national average

Advice to Management

Find new employment

Apr 20, 2017 – Division Vice President

Along with paid time off and holidays, we offer many benefits designed to attract and keep good people. These include medical, dental and vision coverage – along with a 401k plan, life insurance ... More

"Awful"

Former Employee - District Director of Operations in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - District Director of Operations in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Made lasting relationships with my peer District Director of Operations. Annual meeting was energizing and fun, great attention to detail.

Cons

Horrible leadership. Worst employment experience. Labor model is not designed for success. DDO's working in stores due to insufficient labor allocation.

Advice to Management

Start over.

Apr 24, 2017 – Division Vice President

Although we’re disappointed with your review overall, we’re pleased with your assessment of the Annual Meeting and the relationships you formed while at Check `n Go. We don’t agree with all of your ... More

3. "Bad Higher Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Giddings, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Giddings, TX

Pros

Working by yourself for the most part was the pro....unless it was the 1st of the month when
    all store locations are busy and most short-handed stores need extra help like I did

Cons

Marshall Hawkins.....insult to company for hiring him
    High turn over, low wages, and lack of leadership

Advice to Management

Visit stores more often to see what
    is going on and is needed.....

Feb 6, 2017 – Division Vice President

Store operations are a critical priority for us, along with serving our customers’ needs while maintaining the right staffing and compensation levels. This year, we’ll be evaluating our current ... More

5. "Not great"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hewitt, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hewitt, TX

I worked at Check 'n Go part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You got to sit on a chair when no customers were present

Cons

Low pay, management was rude & inconsistent, considered part time but would not give more than 19 hours per week,

Advice to Management

There's a high turnover rate for this position because employees aren't treated well or paid well.

Oct 11, 2016 – Division Vice President

Thanks for your comments. We’re disappointed that your experience with the company didn’t meet your expectations. We evaluate scheduling and compensation on a regular basis to make sure we’re staffed ... More

"mgr"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay is very fair and all of the stores work well together. the upper mgmt. is very involved on a daily basis which is unheard of for most companies.

Cons

not near enough time in training - no lunches or bathroom breaks due to being alone in each office for most of the week. This is truly a two or more person job. it is very overwhelming.

Advice to Management

revamp the way the employee to customer ratio is done. You seem to be more concerned with getting new customers than keeping the ones you have. phones should never be more important than the person standing in front of you that is just bad customer service

Aug 18, 2016 – Vice President, East Division

We invest time and effort in making sure our pay is competitive, and executive management takes a very active interest in the associates who work so hard to serve our customers. We also understand ... More

7. "No job stability and stressful work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time

Pros

Banking hours and you get all major holidays off. You are only open for half a day on Saturday and closed on Sunday.

Cons

It's a very stressful work environment, employees are not appreciated and everyone is always worried for their job and for this reason they have a high turnover. The company does not care about their employees and asks for unattainable goals for most stores. Bonuses are rarely awarded.

Advice to Management

Treat you employees better, happier employees will only benefit your business. Also,stop telling your employees to write a good review to make the company look better.

8. "No, just no."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i cant really think of anything

Cons

Bad home to work like. the stress is unbelievable. they have unattainable goals. the upper management is not there for you when you need it. i could go on and on and on, but it was definatley an learning experience for me.

9. "Horrible! Run if you can!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, closed on Sundays, but that's about it. Can't think of anything else. I've been here for 6 years and I can't believe I've wasted so much time here.

Cons

Stressful environment, short staffed, phones are constantly ringing, customers are miserable, horrible benefits, no bonus, little pay. Greedy company that can care less about their employees. They expect you to do it all for little pay!

Advice to Management

How about spending some time updating the training courses instead of wasting our times with the conference/vidyo calls!

10. "Store Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Hell, MI
    Former Employee - Manager in Hell, MI

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Keeps me off unemployment barely.

Cons

Little to no recognition, The treatment of employees is horrible.Pay is bad. Safety and security sucks.

Advice to Management

Treat your people better they might work better for you.

11. "The worst experience ever!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Check 'n Go part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many hours available. Not many good things to say about the company other than if you want more hours for little pay this place is perfect.

Cons

After two weeks of training expects you to run store. Horrible management, no bonuses, no reimbursement for drive time as you need a car to do daily store deposits. Practices almost seem unethical. CSR are part time and are required to travel to different store locations for additional hours. Management speaks poorly of CSR. Wouldn't recommend unless you have no where else possible to work. Be careful as they write their own reviews.