Check 'n Go Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 11, 2017

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jared A. Davis

Pros
  • Hours are great, co-workers are easy to get along with and very helpful (in 9 reviews)

• I love how I am able to help customers in need and be a part of their solution (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Staffing, unrealistic sales goals, too many tasks to accomplish for one or two people, high turnover rate (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not care about you as a person they only care if you're making them money (in 19 reviews)

1. "Do same job as store manager without the title or pay"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Daytime job. Sundays off not much else to add. It's just a job. Clean office. Can't think of any other pros this appp

Cons

No control of who receives loan but full responsibility for who pays. This is so skewed it contributes to high turn over which seems to b part of their business plan

Advice to Management

High turnover rate due to loss of respect for the individual. Constant beat downs from DDO with little or no motivation to succeed

Apr 20, 2017 – Division Vice President

In addition to the pros you mentioned, we believe the benefits and compensation we offer are competitive in the communities where we do business. We’re confident that our business plan includes ... More

"Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet a lot of great people. Gain a lot of experience managing money. Develop a great business accumen mindset. Schedule is pretty good

Cons

Company does not care about employees. Company threatens employement if you miss any goals in a given month. Not enough hours for csr, you basically work most of the time by yourself. Pay is not where it should be.

Apr 6, 2017 – Division Vice President

We agree that the chance to work with great people – co-workers and customers alike – is one of the advantages of pursuing a career with Check `n Go. And as you’ve pointed out, our store managers ... More

3. "Good company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Detroit, MI

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like that you work independently.

Cons

No breaks and you have to do marketing.

Advice to Management

None

Oct 11, 2016 – Division Vice President

Thanks very much for your comments. We’re glad that you recommend us as an employer and that you appreciated the opportunity to work independently. As we see it, providing associates the opportunity ... More

"Job and not a career"

Former Employee - Floating Supervisor in Watsonville, CA
    Former Employee - Floating Supervisor in Watsonville, CA

I worked at Check 'n Go (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working hours. Off on Sundays. Worked every other Saturday.

Cons

Micro Management. Stores within the same district compete like crazy.
    I was hired as a floating supervisor, but we're told not to share this fact with subordinate staff so their feelings don't get hurt. So essentially, I had to pretend that I was a CSR.

Advice to Management

Do not party on weekends with subordinate staff. Listen to the needs of staff. And if a staff member, like myself, have quit suddenly, try to find out why. When a staff member quits, they fire their boss and company...

6. "CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami Gardens, FL

I worked at Check 'n Go (More than a year)

Pros

Some co-workers are nice. My manager was awesome so was my district manager.

Cons

Reports change every week. Hours get cut if the store doesn't make enough.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting hours because people will leave. Stop changing reports.

7. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Check 'n Go part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you desire hours,there is the opportunity.

Cons

Disorganized,proper system not in place to support growth company expects

Advice to Management

Put systems in place to make job easier.

8. "Its good"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fairfield, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fairfield, OH

Pros

friendly people, easy job, fun

Cons

bonus structure changes no hands on training

Advice to Management

get better training opportunities

9. "Store Manage for two years"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Colton, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Colton, CA

I have been working at Check 'n Go (More than a year)

Pros

Everyday is a new challenging day.... You must bring your A game to the table every day. My DDO respects my ability and experience to manage my store, and help others in my district when ever possible. Everyday you build business relationships to grow business. A great place to learn and gain experience or to show off all of your experience you bring to the company.

Cons

Only two people work a store and often times you have to work one day alone because the CSR/Manager needs a day off after working a Saturday. Not enough hours in the day to get all the work that is required done. To many check list to fill out on a daily basis when your time would be better spent on building the business. Collection calls done at store level.

Advice to Management

Placing flyers on cars is upsetting to potential customers. At the store level we get phone calls to stop putting flyers on their cars or in their parking lots. Need more than two people in the store. We need a collection department to handle delinquent customers so the store can focus on customer growth and Refinance of current customer loans.

10. "csr"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN

Pros

The customer are great, banking hours, flexibility. Great co-workers and closed on Sunday

Cons

management sucks, treatment of long term customers sucks, no security, no advantages for part-timers

"customer service representative (CSR)"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great environment, colleagues and management. great on-the-job training; customer service type atmosphere. Phone and direct customer contact which provides variety.

Cons

low pay in comparison to my 10 years of experience and the responsibility you have in this position, long hours; you're expected as a CSR to do the same exact work as the store manager who gets paid a whole heck of a lot more. not fair. travel from store to store is sometimes expected which I did not care for but I did it. Human directional and Marketing should be the managers responsibility and not that of a CSR receiving minimal pay. You use your own vehicle and gas to do the marketing with no reimbursement. Company should be paying the employees for the use of their personal vehicle while doing company business such as marketing, human directional, bank runs, etc.

Advice to Management

Pay the employee what they are worth. Provide means to 'move up the ladder with increase in pay' in increments to boost employee morale. Reimburse the employees for using their own vehicle to complete company business such as marketing, human directional, bank runs, etc.