Check 'n Go Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Davis
1 Rating

Pros
Cons
  • Staffing, unrealistic sales goals, too many tasks to accomplish for one or two people, high turnover rate (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does not care about you as a person they only care if you're making them money (in 19 reviews)

"ehh.."

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time

Pros

flex schedule, decent pay, friendly co-workers, decent benefits, 401k

Cons

bonus structure changes constantly, outsourcing jobs out of the country,

2. "Csr"

Current Employee - Full Time Customer Service Representative in Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Full Time Customer Service Representative in Visalia, CA

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Set day-time hours, Sunday's off , paid holidays, medical and dental ,401k, supportive team environment, mileage compensation for helping other stores. You develop so many skills working for this company; customer services, office and cash handling skills. It is a demanding job at every level your ability to multitask and be able to adjust to constant change is important. The amount of encouragement and support received from management and DDO is wonderful. They will say the same thing when a shift has ended or walking out " is there anything you need from me" and it's nice to know they all care. All in all this job isn't for everyone, confidence is key. It can be high demand and a lot of policy and procedures to remember but the amount of support you receive balances that out.

Cons

I don't feel as though there is any negative that isn't quick to be resolved once mentioned to management of DDO.

Advice to Management

District portal (SOP Guidelines) could be easier to navigate through.. When searching for specific policies or guidelines there's no easy way to just search that specific policy you must scroll through the entire section to find what you need , just think it would make things much easier

3. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Pocatello, ID
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Pocatello, ID

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hours, comfortable environment, well established company, great benefits,

Cons

micro managed; unclear chain of command

Advice to Management

More transparency; more focus on updating systems and checking for compatibility and accuracy; get input from the front line before implementing changes; allow individual store managers to be managers over their staff

5. "CSR"

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sundays off. Paid holidays.

Cons

Wow. Where do I start?
    First of all, they expect you to work at an office with maybe one other person, if you're lucky. They constantly cut the hours because business is "slow". Forces employees to work alone and possibly help 50 customers a day.

Offices in the surrounding neighborhood have been robbed so many times and the company does NOTHING to help prevent this from happening. We help them generate millions of dollars and somehow they can't seem to afford to hire a security guard or even place bullet proof glass. Most of our competitors have some form of security.

Expect you to meet a high goal of loan originations. These loans are so high in interest and some customers are aware of that. I can't meet goals every period.

Advice to Management

Lower your interest rates. Protect your employees. Act like you care about us. A little recognition can go a long way.

"Not something to do if you don't take on stress well"

I worked at Check 'n Go part-time

Pros

Mileage, you can sit down, access to netspend card, breaks, can leave for lunch.

Cons

Drama, miscommunication, loopholes, lies, and just overall a company to screw people over.

Advice to Management

Actually train your employees consistently instead of throwing them into a store by themselves to run it and then firing them because they were trained incorrectly.

"Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent, bonuses available but difficult to get.

Cons

Worked 6 days a week with no help. Threatened by my Supervisor when I had to go to the hospital.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like humans, not slaves. If we don't succeed, you don't have a job.

8. "Store manager"

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time

Pros

Great independence for running the store

Cons

Little possibility for career advancement

Advice to Management

Try to motivate managers with some incentives and rewards

9. "Check n Go"

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time

Pros

Check n Go has been a fantastic company to work for. I have been given opportunities to grow and advance and develop myself as a leader and as a manager.

Cons

Some days are stressful but that goes for every job. Keeping organized and staying on top of everything makes this job a breeze.

10. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Check 'n Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Check N Go has given me so many great opportunities to grow as a person and expand my knowledge in business and finances. I love helping people find a solution to their financial needs. Everyone one of us has fallen on hard times and having a place to go when you need something is great. I love seeing my customers every time they walk in!
    My District Director is incredible and very understanding to what my needs are as an employee both at work and outside of work! She appreciates my efforts and helps me grow in other ways so I can be the best version of me! Working with the other stores in my district has been so helpful to my growth in the company too. Working together as a team helps build us all up, if one store is struggling then everyone jumps on board to help where they can and offer suggestions to help you succeed. I feel more like I belong to an actual team now more then I have ever with any position/Job ever! The positive feedback on my success throughout the team always helps motivate me to want to keep going.
    The Hours of operation allow me to have the much needed time home with my family too.
    The education that we receive during training is just the tip of the iceberg, Check N Go continues to help all of us grow not just for the success as a company but for us all as individuals. I have been able to take so much of what I have learned with my career here at Check N Go and used it in my personal life. Truly love my Job and who I work for. A great Team/ District makes everything so easy and enjoyable to come to work everyday.

Cons

Honestly everyone will have a bad day at work, but a bad day does not mean it is a bad company so I have nothing to add for Cons.

Advice to Management

No advice needed to management, just a thank you for allowing me to be a part of something great!

11. "csr"

I worked at Check 'n Go full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours are great for work home life

Cons

They do not pay enough