KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Check 'n Go

Is this your company?

Check 'n Go

Add a Review

Check 'n Go Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jul 28, 2021

Found 12 of over 479 reviews

3.1
Check 'n Go President Doug Clark    (no image)
Doug Clark
Pros
  • "Pay, work-life balance, upper management(in 21 reviews)

• "Service should be a given and it is with Check N Go(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "During my employment, there were many days I had to work alone(in 23 reviews)

• "Interest rates for customers is awful, making you known as a loan shark(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

88 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Check 'n Go and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company

Aug 20, 2020 - Store Manager in Florence, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, work-life balance, upper management

Cons

Hard to grow if not willing to relocate

Be the first to find this review helpful

Director Marketing

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We continually evaluate our service structure and how it impacts our staffing model, ensuring it is appropriate and sustainable for our stores. We greatly appreciate your feedback and also your services provided while employed.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jul 28, 2021 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, very understanding upper management, benefits, earned PTO fast, and had a great support systems for managers fresh out of training.

Cons

Being single staffed. A lot of sales calls, spent majority of the day on the phone.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Director Marketing

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We continually evaluate our corporate structure and how it impacts our employee model, ensuring it is appropriate and sustainable for our business model. We greatly appreciate your feedback and also your services provided while employed.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good opportunity

Jan 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a easy rewarding position. The work life balance is good. Fast paced and never lack of something to do. Upper management and staff is always supportive and willing to help. If you have good people skills and the gift of gab and truly like people this is a good place to work.

Cons

As with any position there are stressful times. On busy days there is no time to eat or stop for rest room breaks. Attrition at times can leave you short handed.

4. 4.0

Love the Hours

Aug 17, 2015 - Store Manager in Hobbs, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of my favorite things about Check n Go is the good relationship I was able to develop between not only my peers but also upper management. Everyone is very accessible and open to questions and willing to help. But for me probably the best part is the hours I work. I work Monday through Friday and a Saturday once a month. The latest I get out work is 7 and coming from the retail world it is the best!.

Cons

Downside is probably that sometimes I do have to step out of my comfort zone in terms of reaching out to other businesses.

5. 1.0

think twice b4 working here

Aug 11, 2015 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The hours are the only pros to this job. If you are looking to work for this company think twice. Upper management is a joke. They are all friends who have worked at other companies together.

Cons

Anything and everything you can think of is a con. Bonus program was always changed to make sure not many $$$ were given out. A bonus program was changed and 10 days later it was changed again. I could say so much more about this company. Everything is a joke. People who work there now are all looking for other jobs to leave this hell hole. I do not personally know the CEO, the reason for a thumbs down is because he must approve of how upper management takes care of HIS employees, that are making money so he can enjoy his life.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

Check 'n Go Employee

Aug 27, 2015 - Store Manager in Farmersville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the diversity of my daily duties, love the challenge of growing the business each period, love my colleagues, love the support I receive from upper management.

Cons

Working alone at times gets difficult because you're only one person, debt management with collection attempts

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent company values.

Jun 3, 2017 - Training Store Manager in Crockett, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Business professional environment. Peers and upper management are incredibly down to earth and make you feel comfortable. Advanced leadership training and sales training that keeps you motivated and excited about your job. Many opportunities for advancement. Great benefits and PTO.

Cons

My biggest concern with our company was staffing and turnover but they have made large strides in hiring and training great quality staff as of late, so none currently.

Division Vice President

It’s great to see that you’re happy with your work environment, management, co-workers, training opportunities and benefits. It’s also gratifying that you’ve noticed improvements in staffing and turnover. This year, we’ve made improvements to our field recruiting program and are currently working on other changes that will further enhance our ability to hire and retain great talent. Thanks for your comments. We hope you’ll continue to weigh in from time to time and let us know how we’re doing.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company!!!

Jun 7, 2018 - Store Manager in Decatur, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Healthy competitive environment, upper management takes suggestions from the field about what is a waste of time or what is working to drive results, managers have the ability to run their location based on store needs, work/life balance is great! Integrity is high throughout the entire company!

Cons

Can't think of a single con!!!!! Definitely the best company I have ever worked for in any industry!!!!!

President

It’s gratifying to see that your experience with Check `n Go has been so positive. Your comments reflect what we strive to be – a company that truly lives our EPIC belief system of valuing Ethics, People, Innovation and Collaboration. Thank you for your hard work and your feedback. We hope you’ll continue to weigh in with your comments and suggestions in the future.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Phenomenal company

Mar 30, 2018 - Store Manager in North Charleston, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

A+ upper management, pay, benefits, great work/life balance, “others first” mentality, unlimited room for growth, supportive teammates that are like family

Cons

Perfect jobs don’t exsist but this is as close as it gets. No cons.

Division Vice President

It’s gratifying to see that you’ve had such positive experiences during your time with Check `n Go. Competitive pay, benefits and a good work/life balance are important when it comes to attracting and keeping talented associates. But it’s our EPIC belief system – built around Ethics, People, Innovation and Collaboration – that encourages people to meet new challenges and support each other along the way. Thanks for your hard work and for taking the time to comment!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome career opportunities

Aug 14, 2015 - Store Manager in Albuquerque, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment! Upper management is very supportive and motivating. Excellent opportunity for advancements.

Cons

Open on Saturdays and open late on Fridays. Would be great if closed on weekends. No other complaints other than that.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews