KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Check 'n Go

Is this your company?

Check 'n Go

Add a Review

Check 'n Go Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jul 28, 2021

Found 21 of over 479 reviews

3.1
Check 'n Go President Doug Clark    (no image)
Doug Clark
Pros
  • "Pay, work-life balance, upper management(in 21 reviews)

• "Service should be a given and it is with Check N Go(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "During my employment, there were many days I had to work alone(in 23 reviews)

• "Interest rates for customers is awful, making you known as a loan shark(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

88 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Check 'n Go and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company

Aug 20, 2020 - Store Manager in Florence, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, work-life balance, upper management

Cons

Hard to grow if not willing to relocate

Director Marketing

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We continually evaluate our service structure and how it impacts our staffing model, ensuring it is appropriate and sustainable for our stores. We greatly appreciate your feedback and also your services provided while employed.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jul 28, 2021 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, very understanding upper management, benefits, earned PTO fast, and had a great support systems for managers fresh out of training.

Cons

Being single staffed. A lot of sales calls, spent majority of the day on the phone.

Director Marketing

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We continually evaluate our corporate structure and how it impacts our employee model, ensuring it is appropriate and sustainable for our business model. We greatly appreciate your feedback and also your services provided while employed.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company with Higher Ups that Care.

Nov 1, 2019 - Sales Training Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work Life Balance. 40 Hours , No Overtime. Holidays Off. Sundays Off. 4 Weeks of PTO.

Cons

Not any at this time.

Director Marketing

Thank you for your kind response! Providing our employees with a work/life balance is essential for retaining the best associates. We understand the importance of keeping our employess motivated and productive at Check `n Go and thank you for all that you do.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Manager

Aug 24, 2019 - Store Manager in Bay City, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Close to banking hours, good work life balance.

Cons

Staff is light on busy days so it can be stressful.

Director Marketing

We consistently hear from our customers how much they appreciate the service they receive from our store managers and retail associates, so thanks for the work that you did in creating that experience for them. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. As we continue to grow as an organization, it's our goal to make sure our associates are given the guidance and tools they need to succeed.

5. 4.0

Good opportunity

Jan 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a easy rewarding position. The work life balance is good. Fast paced and never lack of something to do. Upper management and staff is always supportive and willing to help. If you have good people skills and the gift of gab and truly like people this is a good place to work.

Cons

As with any position there are stressful times. On busy days there is no time to eat or stop for rest room breaks. Attrition at times can leave you short handed.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

MANAGER

Oct 24, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Business Casual Dress Attire Favorable Work / Life Balance Closed Sundays & Holidays Payed Associates through Hurricane Harvey Disaster Employee Disaster Relief Funds Full Time PTO Benefits – 2 weeks starting vacation for FT associates Paid National Holidays for FT associates Benefits package including Tuition Assistance Personal & Professional Sales Development Education Training Series Employee Assistance Program- Counseling Positive Team Atmosphere Performance Awards- Employee Recognition Program Full Time & Part Time employment opportunities Retail Store Performance Incentive Program (Eligible FT & PT associates)

Cons

NONE THAT I CAN THINK OF.

7. 5.0

Loving it!!!!

Nov 10, 2017 - Store Manager in Mission, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked here for about 1 1/2 years. I can truely say that I love the people I work with, the customers, and the management team. Everyone is always willing to help if needed, answering questions, giving advice, we all want each other to be successful at what we do. With the encouragment of my District Manager, and the fact that CNG offers Tuition Assistance, I am happy to say I will be returning to college, another awesome reason for me to love working here. There are great benefits and great working hours, both of which help to promote a good work/life balance.

Cons

I wish the dresscode was a little more relaxed (multi-colored shirts/blouses vs solid colors only).

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I love what we do

Aug 16, 2015 - District Director of Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the vibe here - my coworkers are competitive and challenge me to "bring my A game" everyday. The cool part though, is that I know that I can reach out to them and they'd 100% be ready to help me be successful also. The work life balance is respected here - I know enough district, area and regional managers to know that we've got it better than most. My boss is interested in my personal development and respects my abilities enough to let me do my job without micromanaging me.

Cons

Annual bonuses for leadership team - I preferred when they were quarterly.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Company who cares!

Jun 23, 2016 - District Director of Operations in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is very understanding to the details of every day work / life balance. They always try to do what is 100% best for all employees where applicable. Over the past few months I lost a few family members and the company and supervisors made sure I had all the time needed to deal with my family items and proper grieving times. That goes a LONG way these days in corporate America!

Cons

There is really nothing I would see as a con verse any other job requirements for the position.

Operations Manager

We are glad you've had a positive working experience with us! It’s important for us to provide associates with a work-life balance that accommodates their needs, especially when it’s needed the most. During your time of need, we’re glad that you were able to focus on what matters most – your family. Please keep us in mind when your friends and family are looking for a great place to work. Check out the Axcess Portal to learn about the employee referral program.

10. 5.0

Great Company, Great Leadership and Work environment

Mar 7, 2019 - Branch Manager in Huntsville, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life balance, pay, people, Leadership from DDO and up, all want the best for you and your store. They offer all the help you can take/want or need. They way this company as a whole pushes you to be the best is fantastic. Work hard but get compensated for that. They allow for you to be involved in the community.

Cons

Insurance prices, not the worse I've seen but wish they were a little lower priced.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews