Cheeseburger in Paradise Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chris Pappas

1. "Fun People, good food, flexible management"

Former Employee - Server/Waitress in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Server/Waitress in Omaha, NE

I worked at Cheeseburger in Paradise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun people and a tight knit work environment. Flexible schedule. Discount on the good food. District manager really cared about your opinions and the company.

Cons

Could use more soda machines. It gets crowded at the one in the BOH during rush. Of course the base pay that comes with being a server, but the tips make up for it.

2. "Cook"

Former Employee - Line Cook in Destin, FL
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Destin, FL

I worked at Cheeseburger in Paradise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay good location coworkers were friendly we were definitely given the proper tools to perform our job properly

Cons

Some of the managers tended to belittle employees for not knowing certain information on how to do their job I definitely thought that was an improper way to handle things

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to spend more time mentoring your people so that they are well-rounded well informed as to the company policies and procedures food and quality instead of belittling them and making them feel inadequate because they don't know

3. "Hostess"

Former Employee - Hostess in Greenwood, IN
    Former Employee - Hostess in Greenwood, IN

Pros

Customers and the live music were the best part.

Cons

Managers would get mad at hostesses, bussers, and waitresses because one manager would say to do something and another manager would get mad because they wanted the opposite. There are are 5 managers, 2 assistant managers, and one assistant manager in training... so things were bound to get confusing. It was just like playing a game of telephone. All other employees were the "go-between" or "messenger" because the managers never wanted to talk with eachother face to face.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring more managers! It will make things ONE MILLION TIMES MORE CONFUSING! If you want a message delivered to another employee or manager correctly, give the message yourself. STOP SENDING MESSENGERS.

4. "Server Life"

Current Employee - Waitress in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Waitress in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Cheeseburger in Paradise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management will reward you when you put in good effort. You are acknowledged when you do a good job and are appreciated. Management will treat you like family when they notice your good work and commitment.

Cons

Sometimes drama between co-workers, feels like highschool.

Advice to Management

Some things employees cannot control. Try not to take out your anger and stress out on them.

5. "I hope I never hear that Jimmy Buffet song again"

Former Employee - Server in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Server in Omaha, NE

I worked at Cheeseburger in Paradise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is always easy to sell alcoholic drinks. People love a frozen drink or a beer with a burger. Adds $ to tickets.

I was always confident in the quality of food that I was serving.

Well organized work flow.

Cons

Garnimals (Garnish + Animals) One of the most popular things about the frozen drinks are the unique garnishes. The con is that you have to learn to make them. It can become time consuming on busy nights.

You have to listen to Jimmy Buffet constantly!

6. "Great place"

Former Employee - Manager in Jasper, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Jasper, GA

I worked at Cheeseburger in Paradise (Less than a year)

Pros

Very awesome boss. Great atmosphere. Decent pay. Boss works around your schedule all the time. Also, we get great discounts around the shops.

Cons

Some drama in the workplace. Boss is a little wishy washy with her scheduling. A little biased with pay sometimes.

Advice to Management

Hire an older crew. Younger crew members aren't getting things done and create far too much drama. More adults around here please!

7. "I love this place"

Former Employee - Server in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Server in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Cheeseburger in Paradise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good money in the summer

The manager/partner (Bill Morrill) was awesome and treated his employees like family

The food was awesome

2 blocks from the beach

Best drinks EVER

Cons

You cannot take sick days, even if you're throwing up or bleeding

The patio is a sauna in the summer

Advice to Management

BRING BACK BILL! :)
    I know nothing about the new management because I worked there 4 years ago but everything was like clockwork and very organized when I was there. Good job!

8. "Not really a fan"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

Easy job to get, due to the intense turnover rate. They are always in need of servers. (An intense turnover rate though is not a pro clearly something wrong with the management or perhaps just not enough business(maybe)). Relatively easy going environment. If you can land a serving job elsewhere (especially not a chain) I'd say go that route.

Cons

Like many corporate restaurants you're overworked. 8 out of 10 times they will schedule you to work a double and aren't fans of cutting. (Requesting off does not get you far) Commonly you may work 3 + doubles in a row.

9. "Great for the first three years, buyout by Lubys change a lot."

Former Employee - Manager in Terre Haute, IN
    Former Employee - Manager in Terre Haute, IN

I worked at Cheeseburger in Paradise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed taking care of our guests. Gluten-free menu was outstanding. I was given the opportunity to hire and train over 200 staff members.

Cons

Buyout by Lubys changed many things. Many of the freedoms to take care of the guests were no longer available which hurt our guest retention.

Advice to Management

Trust the managers at the store level to continue to take care of the guests.

10. "It's what you make of it"

Former Employee - Server in Middleton, WI
    Former Employee - Server in Middleton, WI

I worked at Cheeseburger in Paradise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, liked my co-workers, good food

Cons

There was often too many of us scheduled at once that we would end up just getting cut for the night or standing around with no tables

Advice to Management

Once you started making us wear name tags, I felt like the product of a corporate company.