Cheesecake Factory Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Cheesecake Factory Chairman and CEO David Overton
David Overton

Pros
  • Discounts, flexible schedule, different positions to fit different personalities (in 100 reviews)

• Busy restaurant so typically good money (in 70 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and some General Managers that do not respect your days off can make things difficult (in 97 reviews)

• Very hard work for a resteraunt (in 22 reviews)

"Love but hate"

Current Employee - Prep Cook in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Prep Cook in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits great company to work for they will take care of you lots of room to advance can move anywhere

Cons

Management only cares for them self will hire anyone off the street that can walk or talk no brakes on you day will work 4 doubles in a week and not hit over time will close one day open the next making it a revolving door

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees show us why it's in the top 100 places to work for

2. "It was Disappointing and unrewarding."

Current Employee - Line Cook in Trumbull, CT
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being able to cook, with people & share the experience.

Cons

Broken equipment, weak management, teamwork was not there. Poor problem solving skills.

Advice to Management

Properly train new employees.

3. "Server at Cheescake"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time

Pros

It's always busy so there's always an opportunity to make money

Cons

Management does care to fix actual issues

Advice to Management

Apply time and effort to real issues within the restaurant as opposed to minor ones

5. "Hostess"

Current Employee - Hostess in Greenwood, IN
    Current Employee - Hostess in Greenwood, IN

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time (More than a year)

Pros

50% off food but ONLY the day you work.

Cons

Terrible management. Cant begin to explain how power hungry and childish the managers are. They choose quantity over quality. Meaning, if you're full time-you better forget it cause they'll hire like 10 people at a time and you'll get 2 days a week that are 3 hour shifts.

Advice to Management

Quit being so power hungry. When an employee needs your help, don't treat them like they're stupid and that you're better than them.

6. "I just don't know"

Current Employee - Server in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Server in Greensboro, NC

Pros

Staff is allowed free soup, bread, and soda and 50 percent off an item for working a shift

Cons

Not enough managers on the floor, not enough expos, no one supervises employees opening duties. Guest to managers on duty to handle problems are not addressed. Long cook times. No grats allowed on parties.

Advice to Management

Tend to your flock and your flock will bend over backwards for you. There shouldn't be food prep in hall outside of bathrooms

7. "Server - austin location"

Former Employee - Server in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Austin, TX

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People
    Flexible
    Benefits
    Really, these are the only pros. The location is so slow it's a struggle to make $400 a week! Unlivable wage.

Cons

Inconsistent
    No money
    Managers are inconsistent
    Kitchen is horrible (long ticket times, inconsistent food)
    Unappreciative
    Austin location started out great, as the time went by things just went downhill. Training new employees was unsatisfactory. New trainees are thrown out on the floor unprepared. The Kitchen has horrible ticket times. Food would always be taken back because it was prepared wrong.

8. "The location I worked was broken"

Former Employee - Server in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Server staff was enjoyable to work with. The back of the house was nice. Parking was easy enough during non holidays.

Cons

Management insulted you. The back of the house was nice, but they sent out the incorrect food on a regular basis. I would have a food make error once per slow shift. Saturday night around 5 a shift. It was the dirtiest restaurant I have ever worked for. Nothing was ever cleaned properly. Floor to ceiling and every plate in-between I did not trust. Many things were broken and never fixed. Standing water in drains. You get the idea.I was also told I would be able to move up with the company. After leaving the company I found that was a lie to get me to work longer hours for free.

Advice to Management

Rebuild the restaurant.

9. "Line Cook"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Revere, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Revere, MA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory (More than 5 years)

Pros

you have an income to survive

Cons

Managers thinks we are slaves, they never pay vacation

Advice to Management

improve treatment to kitchen workers

"The money is not worth it."

Current Employee - Server in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Server in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Great money. Flexible shifts. Ability to work overtime. Decent food.

Cons

Horribly managed. Nightmareish to say the least. I'm sexually harassed by management once a shift. I'm inappropriately touched by staff far more than once a shift. Management is short tempered and mean. They're desperate for staff constantly because of the high turn over. Left with bruises on my first official day from being slammed into walls by other servers. Management did nothing about it. I'm constantly forced to stay past when I should. I can take customers being rude but cannot handle how rude the staff and management are. Don't work here. I know you might want the money but it's really not worth it. Unless you're in the "Cheesecake Familia" you are physically and mentally harassed daily.

Advice to Management

Get better managers in your stores. Make better staffing decisions. Pay your food runners a livable wage.

11. "line cook"

Former Employee - Line Cook in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

cheesecakes are good 'mm food its ok .. some manager are horrible ,,and most of them are good ..free food ...

Cons

OMG manager most of them not all of them ... treat people like trash and they only care about people who kiss their but ,the more butt you kiss the more they like you ..the only way you can be appreciated there is doing inappropriate favors to the manager , and when they are about to get cough they change management to an other restaurant .. its sad ... every night I left that place to come home I wanted to cry ,the only way to survive that place is to become some one your really don't want to be ...but there are some really good manager there ,, but to bad they don't have a "voice ".

Advice to Management

appreciate the good worker ...and remember the employer count on hour to be able to survive .. don't give the hours only to those who kiss your butt or that special person who do special favors ...

Showing 77 of 1,338 reviews