Cheesecake Factory Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7

1,428 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Discounts, flexible schedule, different positions to fit different personalities (in 103 reviews)

• Busy restaurant so typically good money (in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours with minimal break times for double shifts (in 104 reviews)

• Not many considering it's a fast paced chain restaraunt (in 23 reviews)

1. "Is a job for hard workers"

Current Employee - Line-cook in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Line-cook in Buffalo, NY

Pros

Is a very organized company, big, busy almost all of time, and we have the oportunity to learn more stations. I love my job and I`m very aproud to work for the company.I worked an couple more restaurants before,but???? I have 6 years working in the same company.

Cons

Is a hard job because is a busy place, is not for lazy people, (sorry, the truth). and they have to give more opportunities to the woman in the kitchen And sometimes we get crazy because we not ready for that kind amount people walking in.

Advice to Management

make sure when interview the people, if they really need and like the job their applying for. Because is a lot we have to learn.

2. "excellent"

Current Employee - Busser in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Busser in Denver, CO

Pros

food, money, good atmosphere, people are great and they have great management

Cons

somewhat strict because it is a corporate restaurant

Advice to Management

great

3. "It is hard work. The money is great and the job overall is very rewarding. Time flies."

Current Employee - Server in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Server in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

friendly atmosphere, fair management. They are extremely flexible with my schedule because I am also a full time student. They base promotions on performance, if you perform well you will be rewarded.

Cons

It is so fast paced sometimes management doesn't care about your well being. It is very repetitive. The smell of food sticks to you. You must be absolutely perfect there or else you get a lot of negativity from management.

Advice to Management

Don't get so caught up in your managerial duties that you forget to satisfy the guest and take care of your staff.

4. "Good but exhausting."

Current Employee - Server in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Server in San Jose, CA

Pros

Respect and understanding from management. Good money for a serving job. Good communication. Online scheduling. Big name. Being considered as one of the best companies to work for.

Cons

Customers are sometimes mean with high expectation. (common to any serving job). I have been asking mangers for a refernce letter but they keep on saying that they can do a job verification but dont have a way to write a letter. After years of service cant even get a reference letter.Weird

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Dishes are heavy. Try to hire stronger people as food runners. Make sections more balanced. Reward and Respect the tenure.

5. "Loved working here"

Former Employee - Food Server in Etiwanda, CA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Etiwanda, CA

Pros

fantastic atmosphere. It didnt feel like work, I had many great co workers so work was fun. Very busy and stressful at times of course.

Cons

Somehow very stupid people were able to get promotions and praise very easily. But i guess thats commons in any workplace.

6. "Fantastic place to work."

Current Employee - Server in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Server in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

It is one big family amongst the servers and front of the house staff. We all look out for each other and hang out together. Everyone really cares about everone else. We all help each other through the day and that makes eveyones job that much easier

Cons

Not all managers are at the same level and sometimes it really shows when they are on a shift. We have all figured out to to go to for what you need and who to avoid becaue either they won't take care of it or simply do not know how.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your senior employees. They are there on a day to day basis and know what is actually happening in th store. They want to feel appreciated and taken car of. We were all newbies once and paid our dues. Let the current newbies do the same.

7. "Easy work , foe easy money !!!!"

Current Employee - Server in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Austin, TX

Pros

having money all the time , higher checks them other places in same class, most of the time great tips .

Cons

The managers at my location love to micro manage and i feel dont always do the best thing for everyone .

Advice to Management

have more trust in your staff !

8. "Fun, lively and busy."

Current Employee - Front Desk Host in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Host in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Fun atmosphere - surrounded by nice people.
    Customers are generally upper class - you're not dealing with McDonald's guests here.

Cons

Longer shifts than a lower scale restaurant.

"Great"

Current Employee - Server in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Great schedule flexibility and money compared to other restaurants around the city. The place is huge so you can usually get in our out of shifts if you need to, and it stays busy enough that you can make good consistent money (for serving tables).

Cons

The Cheesecake Factory unfortunately attracts some extremely undesirable clientele, especially on the weekends. You can see some really really low tip percentages, but usually those shifts come with really high sales, so at the end of the night you still make a good amount of money, but it can be really brutal at times. It's not a place where you do $500 in sales and have a 25% tip percentage, more like $1800 in sales with a 12% tip percentage. Also, the tip out is a total of 4.5% of your sales, which is a bit higher than most places, however in that restaurant you really rely on the help of the rest of your team.

Advice to Management

Try to focus more on individual praise. Any time someone does something bad everyone finds out one way or another, but there is not a lot of focus on individual praise. A lot of times the positive feedback is in the form of "hey guys great shift last night" or whatever, instead of pointing people out for great individual performances.

10. "Dream Job"

Current Employee - Food Server in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Food Server in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, amazing menu, rigorous training and development program, excellent opportunities for advancement and career growth.

Cons

Getting fat. Sometimes the guests are scamming for free meals/ drinks.

Advice to Management

The best part of coming to work is knowing I'm supported by a fantastic team of managers and staff. There should be a way for you to see just which managers are contributing and which ones are actually getting in the way of the mission. Over time, those managers weed themselves out, but waiting for that to happen is causing guest relations to go down in flames.

Showing 1,428 of 1,439 reviews