Chem-Dry Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Dan Tarantin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fine, but long-term frustration ensues"

I have been working at Chem-Dry part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice small town environment, if you have a family it wouldn't be a bad place to work. Often you get product for free from the company, which is nice from time to time. Management is good (depending on the department).

Cons

The corporate culture is strong with this one. If you're any different than most of the people working there (Mormon, older than 25), you'll feel extremely outcast. Some departments are taken more seriously than others, which gets extremely frustrating over time.

Advice to Management

Please try to create a more inclusive environment across the company. Some departments are never seen or never feel appreciated in the big scheme of things.

2. "Stagnant Company, Lack of Vision"

I worked at Chem-Dry full-time

Pros

Location in great small town, Logan UT.

Cons

Management team routinely "steps over dollars to pick up dimes".
    Super focused on increasing short term profits in order to look good for potential investors/buyers of the company.
    Strange split, with leadership mostly in Nashville location, separate from majority of employees in Logan, UT.

Advice to Management

Embrace the big picture and what competitors/other service franchises are doing to progress. Really listen to employees and help them help you evolve.

3. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Chem-Dry full-time

Pros

has a great company culture, great people and a great franchise network

Cons

not much room for growth

4. "Harris Research, Inc."

Former Employee - Accounting Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Accounting Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Chem-Dry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family Environment. Take care of their employees with great benefits, PTO, flexible schedule if necessary. Driven by goals. If you meet or exceed goals in the company, they reward you for those.

Cons

Needs more structured environment and processes. Lack communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Team building exercises for the whole company would help communication and morale.

Nov 30, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad you had a good experience at Harris Research, Inc. We will certainly work on providing better communication between departments. More team building... More

5. "Good Place to Learn"

Pros

Excellent place to start your career as they allow time for you to learn about the industry and are flexible in letting you pick your own path and opportunities. Employees are not forced to do good work, but those who choose to do so are rewarded.

Cons

Management does not pay careful enough attention to their employees' work. Workers can screw off and see little to no punishment, which is hard on morale for employees who dedicate themselves to their work.

Advice to Management

Be a little bit more attentive to your employees, and find out what they need. Provide financial incentive to improve.

Nov 30, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback. We will share this information with our managers to make sure they are working closely with their teams. I'm glad you had an great experience at Harris Research!... More

6. "Product Marketing"

Pros

It's a small company and so you get exposure to many different projects.

Cons

The worst company I have ever worked for. Leadership was more concerned with looking good than fixing problems and taking care of their people. Most of the managers were lazy and took way more vacation days than the typical 2-3 weeks of vacation that everyone is allotted.
    HR is an absolute nightmare to deal with, even if they make a mistake you will have to fight them to make amends.
    They will lie to you at some point, I was told I would get an extra vacation day for hitting a goal and later they back pedaled on that.
    They do not care about their customers (Chem-Dry Franchise Owners), and it shows. I would say at least 90% of the franchise owners hate Harris Research which can't be good for business.
    The company is owned by a venture capitalist firm and so the only thing they really care about is cutting every possible cost and selling the company. Which by the way they have yet to find a buyer for the past few years which I find to be hilarious.

Advice to Management

Stop mistreating your people! Imagine how much more you would get out of your employees if they felt respected, paid well, treated fairly, and were given meaningful projects?
    There is a difference between running lean and being cheap. In business as in life you truly do get what you pay for. I've never worked for an organization that wants to put band aids on a failing system instead of investing back into the business.
    Make your customers the center of the business.

Nov 30, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry that you had a bad experience at Harris Research. Our employees are truly valuable to us and we could not operate without each and everyone of them. We... More

7. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Franchise Development Coordinator in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Franchise Development Coordinator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Chem-Dry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

growing company with a great vision and culture

Cons

none right now to state

Nov 30, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are very happy that you have chosen to work here!

"decent job(not career)"

I have been working at Chem-Dry full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

fairly easy job. Pay is commission only so you better upsale is you want to make a decent check every week. however thats not hard.

Cons

no benifits.. All are locally owned and very small so no insurance or retirement options.

9. "Was great then got bought out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

I worked at Chem-Dry full-time

Pros

Good culture, great people to work with. Company is a cash cow if ran correctly and as such has the funds to expand in departments and programs when necessary

Cons

Company was bought out around 2012 and the person who purchased the company made himself the new CEO, fired half the staff and moved those jobs to Nashville because that's where he lived. Culture has changed from a mom and pop friendly "family" to a booze train at conventions. Company always paid their bills in 30 days and now that's gone to crap.

Advice to Management

The company once was highly respected, honest and had dignity. That's gone out the window with the new CEO.

10. "Franchise Accounting Representative"

Former Employee - Franchise Accounting Representative in Mount Juliet, TN
    Former Employee - Franchise Accounting Representative in Mount Juliet, TN

I worked at Chem-Dry (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company is very welcoming and easy to get along with.

Cons

I felt that sometimes certain decisions were not beneficial, and no one would speak up to stand against those decisions.