Chemsearch FE Reviews | Glassdoor

Chemsearch FE Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2019

Found 20 reviews

3.8
Chemsearch FE CEO Joe OSullivan (no image)
Joe OSullivan

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Chemsearch FE full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training, great support, and great product line. The products sell themselves and you have help on all sides.

Cons

Not for everyone. First year is a grind but well worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, great job.

Chemsearch FE2019-07-08
  2. "Don’t waste your time-all talk no compensation"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Chemsearch FE full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a paycheck. A small one.

Cons

Management sells the dream of one day being in full commissions and making 100’s of thousands. The reality is it’s a very difficult job with right out of college pay. They do not reimburse for mileage other than gas. They expect you to buy food and company swag for customers. The reimbursement process is slow and tedious. It would take 5 plus years to make any money and by then your car is worn out and you can’t... afford to fix. Even if you did develop customers by 100% cold calling, they will simply take them away on a whim. Please don’t waste your time. This company takes advantage of their territory managers to drive business and higher profits. They can and will terminate you at any time. Also claim to be family oriented but that’s a bs joke too. They know it’s a terrible job so watch them try to sell your spouse as well

Advice to Management

Managers fly in and then use your personal vehicle to pick them up and drive them to and from hotel. If you have Manager that started in DFW and now lives in Scottsdale, he’ll just keep selling the dream. I feel so stupid for believing this for over two years. Benefits are a joke. Invest in your employees and you won’t have to run an employee mill that is always hiring

Chemsearch FE2019-07-29
  3. "Great job for the right person"

I have been working at Chemsearch FE full-time

Pros

Lots of freedom in your day to day.

Cons

Lots of drivinng and no mileage reimbursement. They cover your gas, but there is much more to driving than just gas.

Chemsearch FE2019-06-19
  4. "Territory Manager"

I have been working at Chemsearch FE full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good support from management, good work life balance, good products to sell.

Cons

Not much communication with coworkers, can be a grind day after day

Chemsearch FE2018-10-11

"Good products, old school selling approach"

I worked at Chemsearch FE full-time

Pros

Very strong training programs for products

Cons

A lot of travel for managers; small commission % during first years

Advice to Management

Encourage reps to use other ways to prospect new accounts rather than just riding around looking, with all the technology available to use i think there are better uses of their time

Chemsearch FE2018-05-10

"You know the company is bad when their managers have to write positive reviews!!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Chemsearch FE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Accept a position here and see for yourself. Horrible organization!! Get to meet new sales reps because they can’t keep any.

Cons

Managers are fake and dishonest! Micro managers that don’t know how to manage people. Senior managers are a joke! President is self absorbed. Pay and expenses? Huh?

Advice to Management

Try to open another division. Chemsearch, H20 Solutions, Eco-Flow, RLS, now FE. If it don’t work, try, try, try, again. But if the problem is you the manament you will keep having to try until you are gone.

Chemsearch FE2018-02-23

"Territory Manager"

I have been working at Chemsearch FE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exceptional Products Culture Work Life Balance Flexibility Compensation Fun and Rewarding

Cons

Early Mornings A little bit of take home work

Advice to Management

Exceptional products and training with this company. You can tell everyone is invested in the success of the Territory Managers. All the tools are given to be successful at this company. You create your own success and your income. If you want to work hard you will get rewarded. Opportunities for advancement are second to none. With almost 100 years of success keep up the great work.

Chemsearch FE2017-12-20
  8. "Chemsearch FE - Territory Manager"

I have been working at Chemsearch FE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company with an exceptional training program that can create some long-term career opportunities within the organization. Truly has a family environment from the top-down, and the resources that are provided (technology, materials, Admin department support, management, training & development, etc.) are comprehensive and very supportive. Our target customers are receptive to our products/services, and if one... has the drive and initiative to get out and grow his/her book of business within a particular market, you will be successful. In addition, you make your own schedule so the work/life balance with a family is very suitable.

Cons

The company values quality candidates, so the interview process is lengthy (3-5 weeks), but it is worth it if you're continuing your career in Sales/Marketing or are beginning at entry level. The salary/commision for the first year is average (though there are bonuses that help offset that concern), but one's effort dictates how that is effected for year two and onward. Hard work is definitely rewarded with this... company.

Chemsearch FE2017-12-13
  9. "Chemsearch FE Review"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Chemsearch FE full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working for Chemsearch FE. There is a very warm and welcoming atmosphere in this organization. Management provides the right amount of support to help you learn and grow without smothering you via micro management. A friendly yet competitive atmosphere is important to me and I have found this balance at FE. Hard work and accomplishments are definitely acknowledged and rewarded in this organization.

Cons

The only downside with working for FE would be a fairly lengthy interview process. However, I have had this complaint with most companies I have worked for.

Chemsearch FE2017-12-13

"Territory Manager"

I have been working at Chemsearch FE full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am now seven months in with Chemsearch FE. I have worked in sales with many different companies and I can definitely say this is by far the most in depth training that I have recieved from any of them. This company also has a really great support system. From my manager all the way up to the president I have felt supported all the way. They have a great family atmosphere and as far as i've seen they really seem... to care about all of their employees. They are very invested in their employees and their groth within the organization. They set up a plan with each employee early on in their career to help them advance in the direction that they want to go. We have great technology to support our day to day work. The programs that we use help organize and make our lives easier every day. One of the main things that drew me to the company was how long people stay with them. When people start working here most of the time they never leave. After working here for seven months I can absolutely see why.

Cons

This is not an "easy job". If you are looking to simply survive monday through friday this job is not for you. The company expects a lot from their employees and expect us to grow and work hard every day. This is an outside sales job where you are expected to put in the hours and effort. You are on close watch by upper management to make sure you are completing your daily metrics to achieve desired sales goals.

Chemsearch FE2017-12-01