Chemsearch Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Walter Levy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Sales Representative - El Paso TX"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Chemsearch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been in the sales industry for over 20 years and this is the best company I have ever worked for. The training is the best I've ever experience, very specific and thorough. The support I have received from my sales manager and administration team over the past 3 years I have worked with Chemsearch has been excellent on every level. There is a lot expected of the sales representatives, but if you put in the hours and work hard, the rewards are very well worth all your efforts. The compensation plans, bonuses, and incentives are all high level.

Cons

The hours of work, both in front of customers and supporting data entry, are high. However, when followed as planned out by the sales manager, you can expect to build a strong business in about 12 - 18 months time.

2. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at Chemsearch (Less than a year)

Pros

Corporate HQ was well run.

Cons

Manager was inappropriate, and was highly unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Carefully screen your Management.

"Dishonest and unethical ; worst of the worst"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chemsearch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good products that get the job done; easily and quickly hired; can’t really offer any other positive feedback. Hoping this review prevents another person from being a victim of their trickery

Cons

The interview process and the actual job were world’s apart. Once I was hired, I was expected to scrub accounts and physically prospect the territory on the weekends and at night. I was threatened with firing when I stopped to get gas one day—was told that needed to be done during non selling hours. I received constant pressure for number of presentations per day. Training consisted of underhanded tricks and con artistry. I am a professional salesperson, not a flim flam man. I lasted six weeks before I quit. Without another job to go to. I bounced back, and now successfully work for one of the largest companies in the US.

Advice to Management

Inform people in the hiring process that your tactics are actually worse than those of a used car salesman. And if that works for them, at least they know it upfront. I was blindsided.

"One of the worst jobs I've ever had!"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Chemsearch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't really think of any pros, other than it was a pay check....... a very small pay check to say the least.

Cons

The training is an absolute joke and they try to teach you how to be a con artist. Pay structure for new hires is laughable at best.

Advice to Management

Middle management is pretty good, but the corporate managers need to retire and let some fresh blood in!

5. "Outside Sales"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Chemsearch full-time

Pros

Good entry level outside sales position. They are very understanding on career/life balance.

Cons

They need a better training program. They care more about the # of orders you get than the quality of the orders/new account. They need a better CRM system (I believe they are working on that now)

6. "Sales"

I worked at Chemsearch full-time

Pros

Can earn lots of money back then

Cons

It's all about the dollars

Advice to Management

Lol

"sales job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Pros

Big company cafeteria gym hours

Cons

Low pay, benefits weak for family

Advice to Management

Pay your people, invest for success inside sales agt

"How bad do you want to be successful?"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

Pros

-Respect. As far as I know every new employee starts off as a representative. The CEO was a sales rep. in AZ, the Executive VP started off as a sales rep. in OK, and that includes my manager who was a university level coach, he started off as a sales rep. in TX. Chemsearch gave me the tools to be successful and it s up to me to use the tools properly.
    -Support. If you have a question related to anything Chemsearch there are numerous avenues that you have at your discretion to get the right answer.
    -Technology. All presentations are done via IPad. All the information you need for you and your customer is easily accessible on the company issued IPad.
    -Financial. Bonuses and financial sales awards are a common practice, but in the end it is up to the sales rep.
    -Training. They don't just throw a book at you and expect you to memorize products, training classes are ongoing and extremely helpful.

Cons

Some territories can be large it will takes time to understand how to manage your area that minimizes windshield time.

Advice to Management

All good here.

"Great Career Opportunity!!"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Chemsearch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chemsearch offers excellent training and support. They provide all the tools you need to be successful. They offer excellent base salary/commission and bonus package. As long as you put in the effort you will do very well at Chemsearch. Schedules are flexible which make it very nice. They offer the best quality products in this market. There is a lot of competition but once customers see our products they can see the benefit of paying more for a quality product. Also as long as you follow the way your trained to sell and interact with your customers the selling part becomes a smooth transaction! This is a great career opportunity for anyone who is self motivated and can follow thru with the way Chemsearch trains you. It is apparent that Chemsearch's selling technique works since they have been in business for nearly 97 years and still going strong!

Cons

There are no Cons that I have experienced and I have been with Chemsearch for 1 year. Absolutely no regrets. I wish I would have found Chemsearch sooner!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! My manager has been very helpful and never micro manages. The entire management team is very supportive to all the Reps.

"Hard work not for all"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at Chemsearch full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great training program. Excellent combination of products. 30% commission if rep sells at list price. Work independently

Cons

Immediately expected to contribute. Quickly restructure agreed upon pay scale if success isn't obtained within 60 days. Very low expense reimbursement

Advice to Management

Patience for employees just beginning. Stick to pay scale for new hires. Reducing pay within 60 days virtually guarantees turnover and in turn effects customer confidence and creates confusion