Chemsearch Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"Sales Representative - El Paso TX"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Chemsearch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been in the sales industry for over 20 years and this is the best company I have ever worked for. The training is the best I've ever experience, very specific and thorough. The support I have received from my sales manager and administration team over the past 3 years I have worked with Chemsearch has been excellent on every level. There is a lot expected of the sales representatives, but if you put in the hours and work hard, the rewards are very well worth all your efforts. The compensation plans, bonuses, and incentives are all high level.

Cons

The hours of work, both in front of customers and supporting data entry, are high. However, when followed as planned out by the sales manager, you can expect to build a strong business in about 12 - 18 months time.

2. "One of the worst jobs I've ever had!"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Chemsearch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't really think of any pros, other than it was a pay check....... a very small pay check to say the least.

Cons

The training is an absolute joke and they try to teach you how to be a con artist. Pay structure for new hires is laughable at best.

Advice to Management

Middle management is pretty good, but the corporate managers need to retire and let some fresh blood in!

"sales job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Pros

Big company cafeteria gym hours

Cons

Low pay, benefits weak for family

Advice to Management

Pay your people, invest for success inside sales agt

"How bad do you want to be successful?"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

Pros

-Respect. As far as I know every new employee starts off as a representative. The CEO was a sales rep. in AZ, the Executive VP started off as a sales rep. in OK, and that includes my manager who was a university level coach, he started off as a sales rep. in TX. Chemsearch gave me the tools to be successful and it s up to me to use the tools properly.
    -Support. If you have a question related to anything Chemsearch there are numerous avenues that you have at your discretion to get the right answer.
    -Technology. All presentations are done via IPad. All the information you need for you and your customer is easily accessible on the company issued IPad.
    -Financial. Bonuses and financial sales awards are a common practice, but in the end it is up to the sales rep.
    -Training. They don't just throw a book at you and expect you to memorize products, training classes are ongoing and extremely helpful.

Cons

Some territories can be large it will takes time to understand how to manage your area that minimizes windshield time.

Advice to Management

All good here.

"Great Career Opportunity!!"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Chemsearch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chemsearch offers excellent training and support. They provide all the tools you need to be successful. They offer excellent base salary/commission and bonus package. As long as you put in the effort you will do very well at Chemsearch. Schedules are flexible which make it very nice. They offer the best quality products in this market. There is a lot of competition but once customers see our products they can see the benefit of paying more for a quality product. Also as long as you follow the way your trained to sell and interact with your customers the selling part becomes a smooth transaction! This is a great career opportunity for anyone who is self motivated and can follow thru with the way Chemsearch trains you. It is apparent that Chemsearch's selling technique works since they have been in business for nearly 97 years and still going strong!

Cons

There are no Cons that I have experienced and I have been with Chemsearch for 1 year. Absolutely no regrets. I wish I would have found Chemsearch sooner!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! My manager has been very helpful and never micro manages. The entire management team is very supportive to all the Reps.

"sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Canastota, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Canastota, NY

I worked at Chemsearch (More than a year)

Pros

You work for yourself, if you work hard you can make as much money as you want.

Cons

Not a easy sale, lots of competition. Lots of turnover of sales reps.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep sales reps, you need to pay a fair salary, and not just commissions.

8. "Just OK"

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Savannah, GA

I worked at Chemsearch (More than a year)

Pros

Training is very good, intense, many products to offer.

Cons

It all about the numbers.....Territory's are large- lots of driving.

"Time commitment does not jive with pay."

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Rockford, IL

Pros

Quality products. Good presentation materials. Excellent initial training.

Cons

Lots of competitors at half the price. Tough sell even though it's the best product. Had to compete with inside sales team selling in my territory. High turn over.

Advice to Management

Do not allow inside sales to work outside sales territory by phone. Address why your turnover is so high.

"Micromanaged majority of time"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Sales training program Boss/Territory Manager was readily available to help you succeed.

Cons

90 % of time was cold calling.
    Was expected to make "70 dials" every Monday setting up appts for week.mgr called 3 times a day monitoring how many dials I did this far...followed by "how many appts I have so far......you get the picture...

Advice to Management

Stop referring to the "one" successful sales rep that makes a ton of money and all his accolades constantly....fellow reps also have successes.stop taking the gravy accts taking them as house accts every time a sales rep leaves co.maybe 50/50 cold calling/regular accounts would work better.

"Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Central, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Central, CA

Pros

I enjoy working for a company that is flexible with my family schedule. I have been able to develop my own territory and create a successful business while working outside my territory in other roles to help other grow their business. Commission structure is easy to understand and compensates higher than other sales positions. Customers appreciate the value in the company's products and offerings.

Cons

None that I have or had in my career experience to date.