Chemstar Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Henry M. Nahmad

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Food Safety Specialist"

I have been working at Chemstar full-time

Pros

Alot of free time, easy work

Cons

Not enough pay
    large real estate to cover

Advice to Management

Needs better management

2. "Easy job"

Former Employee - Food Safety Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Food Safety Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Chemstar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Same route every month. Very supportive of you.

Cons

No overtime pay. No bonus or performance incentives

Advice to Management

Have more pay incentives

3. "Full Time Employee"

I have been working at Chemstar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chemstar Corp is a company that has started turning around for the better.

Cons

Pay is better but still below standard

4. "Reality vs Truth"

I have been working at Chemstar full-time

Pros

You can decide how many stores you want to inspect a day provided there are no emergency calls. Salary and all tasks for job are completed on ipad.

Cons

Travel is the best and worst part for me because it is not part of your pay. Technically you are only paid while working in a store which is good if all your stores are close by if not...

"Food Safety Specialist"

Current Employee - Food Safety Auditor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Food Safety Auditor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Chemstar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independent work. Flexible work schedule. Management not in the same city. Benefits are great, company car, gas card, expense account, great company accounts. iPad, modern technology.

Cons

Physical service work along with food safety audits, food safety and sanitation presentations. Too much expected from one person.

Advice to Management

Service and audit work should be separated by two different specialist.

6. "Poor Growth Opportunity"

I worked at Chemstar (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great hours and ability to work without close supervision.

Cons

Promotions and new jobs were offered to people as opposed to a review process. I tried several times to change this system and was given less responsibility. Jobs were given to total "yes men" personalities and those without families.

Advice to Management

Job openings were NEVER posted company wide. Growth comes from performance, not just people who do what you tell them. You lost more people than you kept while I worked there, this should be a hint as to why the company lost so many good accounts.

7. "You are Next"

I have been working at Chemstar full-time

Pros

You get a pay check. Lost its charm. No increase in years.

Cons

Work on fixing the current structure before you look to "expand". The market share leader thought the same way you did.

Advice to Management

Treat employees right

8. "Forward Thinking Company (Very Positive Future)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lithia Springs, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lithia Springs, GA

Pros

Chemstar provides a very fun and exciting environment to work in. No two days are ever them same. As we have been partnering with new customers over the past several months, our business has been growing exponentially! This has not only increased our footprint, but really broadened our capabilities.

Examples of this would be a new executive team who are very smart / down to earth, and don't live in an ivory tower expecting partners (customers) to conform to their business model. Their is a real willingness to customize every single solution for each individual customer on a case by case basis.

Great amount of flexibility which make my role in business development much less challenging.

Also... The support provided to employees to better serve our customers and prospective customers is awesome! We have business development people working with our Sanitation Specialists (professionals who actually service accounts first hand), to walk our prospects through the installation and service / training process. This is done for ANYONE! Customers with 1 or 5,000 locations. Truly a great TEAM ENVIORNMENT. When you partner with Chemstar you have an entire team at your disposal.

In spite of other reviews... I think the company is very forward thinking, and has a very long / successful future ahead.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons to pin point. It really is a good company with honest core values. No complaints.

"food safety specialist"

Pros

Holidays and Weekends off. Thats pretty much it

Cons

Wow where do I begin! There is no room for advancement. They promise you the world by saying that it is one of the easiest jobs out there. Do not believe it. You have two roles. One is a tech. You will be maintaining there equipment , by the way is junk and easily broken. The second role is a so called food safety specialist. This is were it gets hairy . You will be looking for opportunities in each department and then teach an train the staff along with management. I have to tell you they do not listen and above all do not care. All they care about is if the equiptment works. And in so many words thats all the company cares about because heaven forbid you get more than three hotlines a week or you will be criticized to the bone about what you are doing wrong in the store. Believe me this will happen. Then you will be asked to go anywhere and everywhere to help out and do installs. thats all and good but you still have to get all your stores done. So in turn you have to rush and get your stores done so here comes the hotlines. You are required to purchace all of your everyday supplies like silicone and screws that are not cheap. Yes you will be reimbursed but you still have to have the money first. You will never get a raise. THATS RIGHT YOU WILL NEVER GET A RAISE!!!!!!! Keep on the HR department about the promised time off if not you will never get it. My direct supervisor was very unethical in the comments that was made during several visits. If you know anything about what is ethical and what is not then stay as far away from this company as possible. There is nothing for you. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Take a look at the ethical behaviour of you RSM's . Proactive pay raises. Better training practices for new hires. Do not just give them 4 days training and send them on there way and expect miracles.

"Honest warning to others and message to management"

Former Employee - Multiple Positions in Lithia Springs, GA
    Former Employee - Multiple Positions in Lithia Springs, GA

Pros

You can say that you have a job when searching for a permanent, ethical, and fulfilling one.

Cons

Zero qualified HR staff for over 120 employees, few and very poor benefits, zero raises or performance reviews, little to no opportunities for advancement, poor training program, poor management practices, many inconsistencies and contradictions, insincere and unethical upper management, and customers are largely aware of this companies shortcomings.

Advice to Management

Educate yourself if not hire educated staff, Take some professional advise, open a business book and read the table of contents at least, take and employee survey and don't blame others for the results, and grow some ethics! But seriously....revisit the business model, the business plan, and apply more available technology and expertise than you currently have to it. It if still doesn't make sense then sell it!