Cover image for ChenMed

Found 589 of over 604 reviews

3.5
ChenMed CEO Christopher Chen
Christopher Chen

What people are saying about ChenMed

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

80.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=ChenMed~433832
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture and place to work(in 29 reviews)
  • "The pay is good.(in 28 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and a talented group of IT professionals(in 28 reviews)
  • "And I especially love that we get to take a broken, frustrating experience and make it great for people who deserve it.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Great leadership and support from manager and coworkers.(in 14 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ChenMed and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Love working here!

Jun 23, 2022 - Corporate Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and inclusion here is top notch. The people you meet here are always willing to help and go the extra mile to help with anything you need. We all work as a team and I love the diversity of the company as well as all the fun events and activities and community involvement that the company promotes. This is a great company for career growth and I really feel valued here as an employee.

Cons

The training is lacking somewhat so if you are not a self-starter or someone who can figure things out on your own it won't be a match. Also, its freezing in the offices absolutely freezing all the time with no way to turn down the AC.

3 people found this review helpful

ChenMed Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our organization. We truly value our employees, and we are glad to hear our inclusive culture, diverse workplace, and both our employee and community appreciation events align with what you value in an employer! We strive to deliver the highest quality VIP care services to seniors in need and we could not accomplish that without our team members' dedication and support. We value your feedback and will share it with our teams!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place

Nov 15, 2022 - Sales in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly family oriented community work with seniors

Cons

None that I can think of

ChenMed Response

Thank you for taking the time to review our organization!

3. Join the ChenMed team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company. Adore my Recruiter

Oct 10, 2022 - Care Facilitator
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is good We give direct care to elderly in the community and help them live a better life. My recruiter found me indeed. Called me several times even when I was already working somewhere else. He called again and again was so patient and understanding with my situation. We do t just talk about work and the position he makes me feel like he cares about me as a person. He calls and first words usually how's your day, your kids and family. Which is always nice. We talk about my future and my goals for myself after college and he was able to help me with my resume. We redrafted it over and over again. No one have ever really tried to hire me and help my resume for future showing me they care about me as a person. I joined the company because of him and soon find out, he's like that with all people he hires. I took a pay cut to join company that i can work after masters degree. will recommend everyone to ask and work with him. He's so thoughtful and care about my career.

Cons

Having to wait 6-12 months to grow in another posituon is rhe worst.

ChenMed Response

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are grateful for your dedication as a Care Facilitator. As you have articulated, our values of Love, Accountability, and Passion drive decisions and experiences for not only our patients, but also our employees! Thank you for your kind remarks and we are proud to have you as a member of the ChenMed Family!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best job I’ve ever had

Nov 8, 2022 - Care Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

It takes a lot to find a great team to work with and the center I am currently at I am the happiest I have ever been despite the ridiculous workload, we make it fun! So by the end of the day, yes I am tired, but I do not dread coming in the next day or hate what I do and who I am with. I feel good knowing I am working with my team to help our seniors on a daily basis. Benefits and compensations are satisfactory! Its an added bonus to my reason for putting in my heart and time into my role.

Cons

A lot of under qualified leaders in positions they should not be in. Most of the time it is obtained purely by seniority in the company rather than knowledge and experience. It also feels like new some employees are hired just to fit the empty spots rather than to find someone who is a match to both the team they’re joining and the type of work they’ll be doing. It makes it hard for employees like myself and my particular team to train individuals who are just there SOLELY for a paycheck and not to learn.

ChenMed Response

We appreciate you taking the time to review our organization. Care coordinators are pivotal members of our care teams, and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your dedication to seniors across the country! As we continue to grow, we prioritize career development and internal hiring practices for many of our roles; so much, that 33% of our hires last year came from an internal candidate! This is an important stride we take to continue to save seniors throughout the Unites States and one of the many factors that continue to position ChenMed as a leader of culture and employee satisfaction. We are always open to feedback and will take this opportunity to share your feedback with our teams. Thank you for being an excellent steward of the ChenMed Way!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great mission, Great culture, Great people... and opportunities for career growth!

Aug 28, 2022 - Center Medical Director in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

ChenMed is a physician-led company with a mission of serving underserved seniors. The entire organization, no matter the role is passionate about this mission, which creates a strong culture of service. In addition, ChenMed cares about your career and personal development and commits a lot of resources to your growth. I came here for the culture and mission and have been blown away by the experience of being a ChenMed physician and leader!

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but to thrive here you absolutely need to have a growth mindset. Successful and happy employees at ChenMed are humble and open to continuous improvement. Additionally, we take full responsibility for the wellbeing of our patients, and work to address not only their physical health, but also social determinants of health. For example if a patient is not taking their medications, we take it a step further and ask "why?" and work to help address that barrier. It takes time to build that level of trust and understanding but it is incredibly rewarding to be a part of positive change in our patients' lives.

2 people found this review helpful

ChenMed Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! Your dedication as a Medical Director is paramount to keeping ChenMed's mission central and honoring Seniors with the highest quality VIP care. Great leaders like yourself, are helping our organization change healthcare for seniors on a national level!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company, that makes a difference

Oct 25, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company saves lives and contributes to actual care of patient than any company I have seen in my career. ChenMed cares for patients amd team members alike! This is where your career can make a difference.

Cons

We grow at an exponential pace! The pace at which we move requires each of us to move at the same speed. Making change is not easy in healthcare and it can be hard if you are not suited to high speed growth.

ChenMed Response

Thank you for your dedication as a leader and for taking the time to review our organization. We appreciate your positive remarks on our capacity to extend our values of love, accountability, and passion to not only our patients, but also our team members!

8. 5.0

Amazing Company to Grow Your Career

Oct 3, 2022 - Managing Director, Talent Acquisition
    Business Outlook

Pros

ChenMed is a very fast-paced, agile environment that gives employees seeking growth, opportunities to advance their careers. I always share with candidates that you need two things to excel with ChenMed - humility, and agility. ChenMed offers a great outlet to build and enhance the services within a person's Center of Excellence. The sky is the limit for those wanting to deliver excellence. It's a wonderful feeling to know that we are rescuing seniors by delivering better health care and helping the communities that we serve. I am very proud to call ChenMed my employer.

Cons

As shared above, it is fast-paced and future employees need to know that coming in.

ChenMed Response

We are honored by your positive feedback and could not be more thankful for your leadership and ongoing contributions to our organization. As an organization focused on growing our national footprint to deliver the highest quality VIP care services to seniors in need, the selection and active retention of each employee is paramount to the continued success of ChenMed. We cannot begin to express our gratitude for your commitment to growing our talent function in size and in scope and are humbled by your embodiment of our values of Love, Accountability, and Passion. Thank you for being an excellent steward of the ChenMed Way!

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun, Rewarding Job

Nov 8, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership great coworkers fun work environment

Cons

The monthly sales quota could be stressful

ChenMed Response

Thank you for taking the time to review our organization. While we are sad to see you go, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Patient

Nov 10, 2022 - PCP Physician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Physician autonomy. Outcomes focussed. Great resources

Cons

None to my concern. All is good

ChenMed Response

Thank you for taking the time to review our organization! PCPs are the pinnacle of our care teams and we thank you for your dedication to underserved seniors in both your community, and across the Unites States!

11. 2.0

Beware

Oct 19, 2022 - Center Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing pay and ability to learn and grow- love the mission of serving underserved communities. Some areas are amazing and certainly operate with one vision in mind.

Cons

Hypergrowth has been cause for rapidly promoting individuals who are not equipped to lead leaders. In this division specifically, this promoted are the cause for high turnover & great dissatisfaction as they lead with a red pen versus with a servant heart. Expectations to WORK and just get it done, and it’s usually at the expense of family. Additionally, it’s unfortunate that all other cities are expected to produce at the rate of the founding state.

1 person found this review helpful

ChenMed Response

Thank you for taking the time to review our organization and for your dedicated leadership. We work hard to develop our employees to help each and every employee achieve their ultimate career satisfaction; so much, that 33% of our hires last year came from an internal candidate! This is an important stride for our organization to continue to grow and serve seniors across the country with the healthcare services they need and deserve. While we acknowledge that not every employee is ready for the next step in their career, we provide learning resources through ChenMedU, Social Talent, managerial training, peer shadowing opportunities, and quarterly feedback cycles for employees to share their voice to better both their careers, and our organization. If you would like to provide specific recommendations, please reach out to employeerelations@chenmed.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 589 Reviews
</>Embed

ChenMed Reviews FAQs

ChenMed has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 604 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at ChenMed to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, ChenMed employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at ChenMed. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

60% of ChenMed employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ChenMed 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at ChenMed to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with ChenMed Job Seekers