KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 427 of over 440 reviews

3.5
ChenMed CEO Christopher Chen
Christopher Chen
Pros
  • "ChenMed is quickly growing and looking forward to continue to Transform Care and help those in need(in 15 reviews)

• "Company really believes in improving the current landscape of Senior Health Care(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/Life Balance can be difficult(in 17 reviews)

• "They don't practice what they preach when it comes to the "ChenMed Way" and do nothing to listen to make things better for their patient or employees(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ChenMed and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

overview of my experience

Apr 14, 2021 - Referral Coordinator in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

great team !!!!!! positive energy good pay and benefits and amazing management Good opportunities

Cons

just the 7:30am team Huddles, hard to get there on time when my daughter school opens at 7:30/7:35am .

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good working Environment

Aug 21, 2021 - 'Master of Business Administration in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Expience, Everyday learning, Good job team, Salary, Bonds

Cons

Time avaiability Full time work Covid-19

Talent Engagement Ambassador

We're so glad to hear you're enjoying your time with us! The learning here never stops! Have you checked out any of our courses on ChenMedU? It's easy to win when we love what we do! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Learn and Grow!

Jul 9, 2021 - Regional Medical Director in Tidewater, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a Organization that practices the Medicine of the future. There is always opportunities to learn more, practice great Medicine and grow as much as you want. I came as a PCP almost 6 years ago and I have had the opportunity to work and learn from amazing people who really dedicate their lives to provide excellent care. You will get inspired to wake up every day and take care of seniors. We have social workers, case managers, amazing Staff, etc. All of us are willing to jump in and help those in need. Yes, it is hard work but it is worth it when we keep our patients at home with their loved ones. I would never leave this organization because, I do feel like a real physician here. Last but not least, yes I am married and I have a supportive husband and 3 kids and I do get awesome vacation time and great benefits.

Cons

I wish we had clinics in every single city in US but we re growing and that is our goal! The first 1-2 years is hard just because we have to learn the model and we want to build a great relationship with our patients. Not everybody is a good fit and that is ok. You need to have the passion and eagerness to transform the care of your patients.

Talent Engagement Ambassador

"Medicine of the future"! Amen! We agree! Thank you so much for your dedication! The impact you can have here at ChenMed is endless! As you mention, it absolutely takes passion as well as grit to transform the care of our patients. We are so blessed to help keep our most vulnerable populations in their communities, right where they belong! We are grateful for you and glad to hear you're able to balance work, family and vacation! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

So proud to work here!

Jul 16, 2021 - Compliance Director in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love my team and my key stakeholders. We work hard, but we have each other's back and we focus on the mission. During the pandemic, ChenMed stepped up in a big way and achieved better results serving seniors. I felt engaged and energized to support those serving on the front lines. I am continually inspired by the amazing stories of patients who have been served by our company and the efforts to invest in our teams and in our culture. We recently achieved a GREAT Place to Work Certification recognition, and I couldn't be prouder.

Cons

At times, I feel challenged by work/life balance issues, but I feel that's more because we are in a time of great change and growth. I also know that a lot of it is self-inflicted. I recently appreciated returning to work at the office because it has helped me balance my time better.

Talent Engagement Ambassador

We LOVE hearing that you're feeling such a close tie to our mission! Saving seniors is pretty cool, isn't it? Thank you for all of your hard work that has contributed to ChenMed receiving the Great Place to Work recognition! We are SO proud of our teams! We understand that our hypergrowth environment can be a heavy lift at times, but as you mentioned, staying the course and focusing on the bigger picture will pay off! Please communicate with your leader to ensure you're getting the support you need! Together, we will continue to change lives for our patients and our employees! Thank you for your feedback!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture and wonderful people

Sep 12, 2021 - Software Engineer in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

ChenMed's strongest asset is it's employees. They do a great job hiring talented and kind individuals that are always willing to help.

Cons

Too many meetings starting with the overall standup at 8:45am

Talent Engagement Ambassador

We have some of the best employees around, don't we? Thank you for saying so! As we grow, communication is essential. We cannot execute on our mission if we aren't on the same page. Meetings help us to level set and move forward with confidence. With that said, we would love to hear your feedback. Please reach out to your local HR Business Partner and your leader to discuss your ideas. Thank you for all you do!

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Disorganized & Dysfunctional

Jun 2, 2021 - Designer in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful corporate mission to provide VIP care to seniors. For sure, the company makes a positive difference in the lives of patients. There are many kind and good people working at ChenMed. Chen Family seems to reflect beautiful values and a true passion for their mission (if only their employees really knew how to execute to make it so.)

Cons

Incredibly disorganized, management-heavy, shifting priorities, gross incompetence in middle management roles, micromanagers, wastefulness and unnecessary levels of management, mold to their cult-like, ra ra culture or else. Say only what managers want to hear, don’t even consider rocking the boat, not a place for disrupters or innovators, toxic culture, two-faced middle managers who say one thing and mean something entirely different, threatened by real-world industry knowledge, incredibly stressful, meeting-heavy, unpleasant culture, managers have no clue what real world project management looks like. Training is terrible! Hours on end in mind numbing Zoom meetings. Egos soothing and butts kissing absolutely required. Colleagues up all night trying to meet unrealistic deadlines set by managers who don’t have a clue. Employees terrified of losing their jobs if they say the wrong thing to the department head. Incredible amounts of waste every day.

11 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Overwhelmed

Aug 14, 2021 - Provider
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful people who truly care about patients. The company offers a competitive salary. Benefits for the most part are very good.

Cons

The center where I work is short of front desk staff and providers. Too much pressure on those of us there and expectations continue to increase. Need lunch and admin time built into the schedule. Tired of taking work home at the end of the day and on weekends.

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Engagement Ambassador

Thank you for being here and for taking the time to let us know what's working and what's not. We do have some of the best employees on the planet, don't we? We're glad to hear you're also enjoying your compensation package! It's no surprise we are transforming healthcare, and investing in the future of our patients and our employees. As we expand, the growing pains are real. With that said, we never want our people, the heartbeat of ChenMed, to feel the level of pressure you're describing. We would encourage you to please connect with your local HR Business Partner. Thank you!

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s like being inside of a pressure cooker

Aug 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Good benefits * Great company mission and vision * Some wonderful people within the organization

Cons

* Inadequate sick days especially during Covid * Lax safety measures that are not enforced as staff members are not wearing masks or are wearing them under their chins. * Disrespectful leaders * disorganized and chaotic centers * Extremely high turnover rate * Toxic work environment in which leadership will make up lies about staff members to come up with excuses to throw them under the bus or terminate them. * Very little room for growth or advancement

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Engagement Ambassador

We love our mission, vision and people! We're so glad you do too! Although it's not easy to hear about some of the other experiences you're having, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We pride ourselves on living our values of love, accountability and passion and we are committed to supporting the well-being of our employees. ChenMed has generous paid time off, sick time and other leave programs to assist employees in need. We also take COVID very seriously. As a leading national healthcare provider, ChenMed believes that strict safety measures are critical in protecting our team members and patients. We are committed to doing our part to keep our patients and employees safe in order to help end the pandemic. Additionally, we put a strong focus on growth and advancement, striving to reach 70% internal mobility. In fact, during new hire orientation, our CEO mentions he wants to see every single person get promoted. When that happens, everyone wins! We are sorry you're experiencing these issues. We'd invite you to speak with your local HR Business Partner. We hope you can continue to grow in your career with us!

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Don't leave a position to go to Chen Med

Sep 11, 2021 - Corporate Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Mission & Purpose to helping seniors but forget about employees.

Cons

The company states their turnover is because of HYPER GROWTH but it is really because of lack of leadership, communication & value of employees. You are a number &b it is a churn & burn environment.

Talent Engagement Ambassador

Our mission, serving medically underserved seniors, is our number one priority. Part of executing on our mission includes caring about the wellbeing of both our patients and our employees. In addition to periodically surprising our team members with new perks & benefits, we also recently launched ChenMedU to help support the growth and development of each person in our ChenMed family. It's our hope that every individual across ChenMed feels valued and we're sorry to hear that didn’t happen for you. Accountability, one of our core values, matters a great deal to us. Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We take it to heart!

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good working vibes

Sep 4, 2021 - Trainer in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues, strong leadership, flexible hours, reasonable workload, professional growth opportunities

Cons

It depends on the teams, I can only speak for my team. NONE

Talent Engagement Ambassador

Thank you so much for taking the time to celebrate ChenMed! We agree, we love it here too! We're so glad you were feeling fulfilled inside AND outside of work when you were with us! Sorry to see you've moved on, but wish you the best in your next chapter!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 427 Reviews