ChenMed Reviews | Glassdoor

ChenMed Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2019

Found 162 reviews

3.1
ChenMed CEO Christopher Chen (no image)
Christopher Chen
  1. Featured Review

"The most loving company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Field Tech in Miami Gardens, FL

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Several of us have been talking about the recent comments and they are false and sad at the same time. I have personally supported the Chens before and they are beautiful people with an amazing heart. I've seen this company do more for its employees than any company I've ever worked for. Those of us who are positive are tired of reading negative comments from a disgruntled few people and everyone who I ever... interact with loves it here. I've personally worked with our cio and he is the best leader I've had the privilege of working on the same team with. Everyone who gets hired here goes through a tough interview process because it is hard to find good people. The result is that my teammates are awesome, other teams are awesome, and everyone cares about the mission, their job, and the leadership. If someone is focused on the car that the CEO drives, or what hotel was booked, that person is not happy with their own life and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

Cons

If you are focused on petty things, please don't join. If you are focused on having to remember the company behaviors every day and think that's a problem, then you won't like it. If you want a company that doesn't interview tough and you have a lot of non-driven people around you, then please don't join. Everyone else, please come join an awesome team with rock stars all around you. There is plenty of growth for... those are are bought into the mission.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

ChenMed2019-06-06
  2. "Patient transportation"

Current Employee - Bus Driver in Miami Gardens, FL

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company good people everyone treat you with respect

Cons

When the center messing up my route.

ChenMed2019-08-31

""Amazing Culture and supportive managers""

Current Employee - Recruiter in Miami, FL

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance is constantly enforced. Great pay, supportive leadership team and an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors. Lots of opportunities for growth through constant leadership training work shops. Vary diverse culture that promotes unity.

Cons

Branding. Great company but unfortunately name recognition in the community isn't as strong as it could be. Its a hidden Gem that provides amazing service and a unique mission statement.

Advice to Management

Push the brand into the public. Declare your spot as a caring company within the company with more community events, and local event sponsorship.

ChenMed2019-08-12
  4. "Was so sad to leave IT"

Former Employee - IT Developer in Miami Gardens, FL

I worked at ChenMed full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really loved it at Chenmed. I loved what they stood for, I loved the technology, and I loved my leadership team. Everyone cares about you as a person and your career. My visa didn’t allow me to stay there, but I hope I will be able to return some day. Most talented group of directors and senior management I’ve ever worked for.

Cons

Was unable to stay because of my visa

Advice to Management

None

ChenMed2019-06-22
  5. "Happy"

Current Employee - Center in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Family atmosphere, everyone is so friendly unlike the offices I'm used to working in 2. Company mission lets feel like your making a difference in so many peoples lives 3. Seemingly endless growth opportunities

Cons

A few negative people create a lot of distraction

ChenMed2019-06-13
  6. "If you are excited about growth and undeterred by high expectations you will like it here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for more than a year

Pros

High expectations and the ability to grow and develop. You can make a career here. This company has the potential to be a giant in the health care industry in the next decade. I feel like I'm in at the ground floor of something that has the potential to be huge.

Cons

High stress, work life balance can be hard at times.

ChenMed2019-06-11
  7. "Passionate company - team-oriented!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great changes! Mission Focused - Big Picture Excellent team (supportive) and Leaders that care Great Pay/Benefits/Bonuses Positive environment - feels like a family. Exciting to see direct results in patient's lives

Cons

Some spoiled and entitled employee behaviors that are inevitably voluntarily leaving which is helping culture overall.

Advice to Management

Keep establishing the right leadership!

ChenMed2019-06-11

"Great company"

Current Employee - IT Administrator in Miami Gardens, FL

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for less than a year

Pros

My colleague told me about Glass door comment and had to respond. We all know who the negative people are, even if they pretend. Love what the company stands for. Everyone in my department is very nice and easy to work with. I love that the recruiting process is strict to try and keep our strong culture of excellence. The formula for success here is very simple. If you work hard and follow the ChenMed Way, you get... rewarded. If you are defensive, don't like to give great customer service, or don’t understand that at the end of the day it is about patients and serving other (the business), then it probably won't work for you. I love our team activities, I love all the opportunity for me personally and professionally and ChenMed is whatever I make of it. So far so great in IT.

Cons

I won’t pile on to whatever has been already said, so let’s just keep it up

Advice to Management

Don’t feel bad for being who we are. We are who we are and almost all of us love being here!

ChenMed2019-06-06

"Best IT Department"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for less than a year

Pros

-We have a great team in IT doing amazing things and this is the best IT department I've ever worked for. -It is true that this IT department is not for everyone. I came from another company where everyone focused dollars vs employee happiness. It was great while it lasted and then they outsourced our entire department. Probably because we weren't getting anything done. Our IT department cares about people but also... about helping the business get results. Our CIO does have very high expectations. But he treats us with respect, he's very professional, and he's constantly looking for ways to help our careers. I personally enjoy being motivated to reach heights which I wouldn't have done by myself. If people don't understand that and they don't want to get better then this is probably not the place and probably why they come to glassdoor to complain. I never understood why someone who is that unhappy wants to bring their misery to the rest of us. We don't care about your negative feedback and odds are you'll be unhappy at your next job. I love the fact that we recite our values and behaviors every day. It reminds me why I'm here. But like I said, that is not for everyone. If you are not trying to grow and you are not driven, then yes, this company and this department are probably not for you. If you are driven, you want to be on a team that is trying to be the leaders and not be complacent, and we can also do team building, then you will love it here. You will learn from some amazingly smart people and I feel like I am part of something much larger than myself. I have a feeling in a few years ChenMed will be a huge company helping millions of people and I'll get to say that I was part of that. My only hope is that my IT leadership don't focus on the negative people and they continue to drive us in the right direction. I love it here and it will only get better. PS Nobody forced me or even told me to write anything. Yes last year they encouraged us to give feedback, but they never said it had to be positive. And people were very honest on both sides. If you think things are bad, you are in the tiny minority my friend. The rest of us are loving it here so stop trying to be negative because you are not a fit.

Cons

We are growing fast and need space

Advice to Management

Ask the negative people to leave

ChenMed2019-06-05
  10. "**"

I have been working at ChenMed full-time

Pros

Fantastic Model that focuses on providing VIP care to Seniors.

Cons

Early start at 7:30 a.m.

ChenMed2018-12-13