ChenMed Reviews | Glassdoor

Christopher Chen

"RUN FAR FAR AWAY!!!"

Current Employee - Market Development Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits with wellness discount are supurb

Cons

VERY VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!! Management is erratic. No consistent message. Comp plan prohibits reps from making money. Sales is not valued. Sales has to jump through hoops to get a sale. Have no control over the sale. Favoritism. Clinic staff do not want to work with sales. Company has bad reputation in the market. Insurance partners have bad impression of Chenmed/JenCare. Constant turnover in the whole company...most people...

Advice to Management

Value your sales team and pay them fairly because they are the revenue generators

ChenMed2018-06-16
  2. "Career not a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Gardens, FL

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growth is there if you work hard enough. Good benefits.

Cons

Although they make it all about the "customer", at times it seems to be impulsive decisions that drive the top leaders and this can create chaos for those of us doing all the work. Don't bring religion into the workplace and create mantras when decisions are being made and employees are being ignored.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and poll them more often than every 8-9 months to determine what can truly be changed for the better and what can be eliminated.

ChenMed2018-05-19
  3. "Referral Coordinator"

Current Employee - Referral Coordinator in Valley Station, KY

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family oriented place that puts seniors first, treating seniors with love and respect which is what most of them are missing in there own family sometimes

Cons

This is Senior care and most of our patients coming in now are NOT meeting the age of being a seniors, which is taking away from the model

Advice to Management

Let's go back to caring for Seniors and have the Marketing department screen the patients better

ChenMed2018-05-14

"Membership Development Manager"

Current Employee - Membership Development Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a breath of fresh air when you are working for a company that is compliant when it comes to following rules and regulations. Chen medical is a company that prides itself in being ethical and having high standards.

Cons

They need to look for talent from within, use the same system as the military. Retain your best people and build them up.

Advice to Management

I would love to see a system like Walmart where we promote from within. I would love to see a system where the current employees get the promotions before looking for talent outside the company.

ChenMed2018-04-30

"Consultancy"

I have been working at ChenMed full-time

Pros

competitive salary and visionary leadership at corporate level

Cons

bonuses withheld without explanation, rampant mismanagement and incompetence at market level, focus on revenue and not patient care

ChenMed2018-05-03
  6. "Best company"

Current Employee - Referral Coordinator

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working with Chen medical for almost 3 years now. Ever since The interview process until now, It has been great. I love my staff and everyone I work with. Chen medical isn't just a job its a family. Everyone is always happy and smiling and the patients really feel that. We truly deliver VIP care.

Cons

No cons specific to this job

ChenMed2018-05-04
  7. "VIP TEAM MEMBER"

Current Employee - Care Promoter

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy delivering VIP service to my patient's every day with my PCP. All the physicians are very knowledgeable in what they do and are so compassionate with all our patients even the "difficult ones". I have experienced some very "real life" situations with my patients such as their hardships in homelessness and neediness for family support and we are here to provide assistance in every aspect which is the best holistic...

Cons

Turnover rate is very discouraging but I have been here 3.5 years and standing strong!

Advice to Management

Remember we all have feelings and we all need positive reinforcement. Show the same respect you would want to have from your employees and lead by example! LOVE, COMPASSION, and ACCOUNTABLE should be for all of us!!! We are family!!

ChenMed2018-05-04
  8. "Longtime employee, and I enjoy working at Chen Medical"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work environment, very caring bosses, and co-workers. Excellent benefits.

Cons

I have no cons about the company

Advice to Management

Thanks for always looking out for your employees, and patients. You make us feel like a VIP.

ChenMed2018-05-03

"Acute Case Manager"

Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a Team Member of Jencare we work with patients who require special long-term care or who are challenged to manage or meet their healthcare costs. In most cases, nurse case managers work with patients over a much longer stretch of time than other nurse specialists; sometimes their focus is centered around medical needs while other times they play more of a social worker role. While some of the challenges of this profession...

Cons

huge turnover in employees.

Advice to Management

Increase ways to boost morale for the front/back office staff . There have been so much turn over in staffing in these areas so maybe an extra ounce of showing how much they are valued might help employees to stay in the company longer

ChenMed2018-04-27

"Great place to work or be a patient"

Current Employee - LMR in Louisville, KY

I have been working at ChenMed full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for a company for over 13 yrs left there to work at Jencare ...and I Love it . They really show appreciation for the work that you do . I love working with the patients . This place tries to really help every person that comes through the door not just with their health but with many aspects of their life . And it really makes you feel good about the work you do .

Cons

I Have no cons .

ChenMed2018-04-27