Cherokee Funding Reviews | Glassdoor

Cherokee Funding Reviews

Updated Dec 7, 2019

3.8
Cherokee Funding CEO Reid Zeising (no image)
Reid Zeising
  1. "Excellent company"

I have been working at Cherokee Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people and work environment are what make Cherokee a great place to work. They truly care about all their employees and want everyone to be successful. You’re given freedom to forge your own path and generate ideas to help contribute to the success of the company. Ability to grow with the company.

Cons

I None at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Great management team. Full transparency with how we are as a company and what goals we need to achieve/maintain to stay successful!

Cherokee Funding2019-12-08
  2. "Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cherokee Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

Has a very small business culture with big business growth. Employees become part of your work family and there are many opportunities to get involved in project across many departments. You have a chance to grow personally and professionally

Cons

Because there is so much opportunity to get involved, you need to learn to keep yourself accountable because you are making key decisions for the company.

Cherokee Funding2018-12-31
  3. "Cherokee Funding is a great place to work!"

I have been working at Cherokee Funding full-time

Pros

*Complete Transparency: 360-degree view of company-wide operations *Work with a wonderful team (lots of support and interaction) *Opportunity for advancement *Flexibility (management is understanding when it comes to time off and job sharing) *Personally, I have worked at Cherokee Funding for over 2 years. It has been exciting and impressive to watch the enormous growth year after year. I work directly with the CEO but have great relationships with the entire staff. I have been able to take on a variety of responsibilities, allowing me to develop my skill set, plus I truly enjoy seeing the direct results of my efforts on the company.

Cons

*As opposed to working in a large organization where you can get lost in the shuffle, you will be held accountable and be expected to take ownership of your role. If you want to blend in, this is not the place for you. Cherokee Funding wants team players who like taking ownership!

Advice to Management

*Keep looking for and hiring new talent! *Keep encouraging our current team. *Publicly recognize and reward hard work. *Be the example!

Cherokee Funding2018-07-13

"Long Time Employee"

Current Employee - Director of Underwriting and Risk Management in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cherokee Funding full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working for Cherokee for nearly 5 years. I have been here longer than any other employee, including the two that wrote the terrible reviews. We have seen massive growth along with the problems and headaches that come with it. But, anyone that has the right attitude and work ethic can not only succeed here but thrive. Biggest Pro – being part of the fastest growing legal funding company in the US

Cons

Atlanta traffic is absolutely the worst

Cherokee Funding2017-09-21

"Intake Specialist Review"

Current Employee - Intake Specialist

I have been working at Cherokee Funding part-time for more than a year

Pros

The management here is very flexible with a busy schedule, especially for a college student like myself or working parents. Cherokee's management is easy to talk to and communicates well with each other and their employees. They are also very fair when it comes to compensation and is also gives incentives to go above and beyond.

Cons

It can get a little intense when it's really busy but the intake team is great and everyone has each other's back!

Cherokee Funding2017-09-19

"Great Company to Grow With"

in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cherokee Funding for more than a year

Pros

This is a fun and dynamic company to work for. There is plenty of room to grow and there are many different areas of the company to grow with depending on what you want to do

Cons

Busy at the holidays and hard to take time off then

Cherokee Funding2017-09-18

"Wonderful company"

in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cherokee Funding for less than a year

Pros

Very positive environment with excellent morale!

Cons

A very family like company. Not too many cons!

Cherokee Funding2017-09-15
  8. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Cherokee Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere! Room to grow within the company.

Cons

Do not have any to share

Cherokee Funding2017-09-18

"Wish I never worked there"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cherokee Funding full-time for more than a year

Pros

low pay but it is on time every pay day!

Cons

biggest con is the culture and work environment. the ceo is literally a ruthless and evil person that will try and take advantage of you. he will even sue you after you leave so that you can't get a new job (I have seen it happen more than once). I would NOT recommend working here unless you enjoy working for a bully.

Cherokee Funding2017-10-19

"A very honest review from a former "REAL" employee"

Former Employee - Controller

I worked at Cherokee Funding full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are a true to heart go getter and really treat whatever role you have with Cherokee Funding like you are the business owner, you will have the opportunity to thrive, that is if you can deal with the rest of the BS at this company. The CEO is super smart and very sharp. If you can weed through his negatives or stay on his good side, which seems impossible to do, you can learn a ton from him. I was on his bad side, but still learned a bit from him directly. The company really is growing like gangbusters!!! What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Cons

This true to heart go getter needs to expect 50+ hours a week minimum, with it being 60+ during peak times (which is about 35% of the time). Because of the rapid growth, the company is ALWAYS understaffed. The culture is absolutely horrible and toxic as others have written. The CEO is childlike and will berate and belittle you as he has done with EVERY other employee at the company, COO and co-owner included. Turnover is HIGH. Just ask anyone that works there how many people they have seen come through the doors and also ask if they are currently looking to leave. The company falls into a weird place of "loaning" people money without recourse, so they get sued a lot by unhappy customers. The CEO also gets sued a lot because of how he treats people. The CEO will definitely have you doing work for either one of his other companies or for his personal life (again, just ask anyone there how many times they have done work for Genki Sushi or for his family) What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Advice to Management

Talking directly to the CEO here...... Try and treat employees how you would want your children treated. That's really my only advice. You are doing a good job growing the company but are missing out on the human capital side of things. I personally think you need to let Ken and Chris deal with the employees by themselves and you focus solely on growing the business. That will play to all of your strengths.

Cherokee Funding2017-10-11