KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cherokee Funding Reviews

Updated Sep 21, 2020

Found 23 of over 24 reviews

3.8
Cherokee Funding CEO Reid Zeising (no image)
Reid Zeising

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company

Dec 7, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and work environment are what make Cherokee a great place to work. They truly care about all their employees and want everyone to be successful. You’re given freedom to forge your own path and generate ideas to help contribute to the success of the company. Ability to grow with the company.

Cons

I None at this time.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Cherokee Funding is an enjoyable fast-paced business environment, which is growing rapidly.

Sep 21, 2020 - Case Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cherokee works as a Team!

Cons

You can become so involved in work, that even on your off hours, you're working!

3. 5.0

Great Place to Grow

Dec 31, 2018 - Medical Billing Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Has a very small business culture with big business growth. Employees become part of your work family and there are many opportunities to get involved in project across many departments. You have a chance to grow personally and professionally

Cons

Because there is so much opportunity to get involved, you need to learn to keep yourself accountable because you are making key decisions for the company.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work/life balance while helping others!

Jun 29, 2017 - Underwriter in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is an incredible feeling to help those in need. Cherokee does this with the best interests of clients at the core of everything they do. Working in a team first environment is a pleasure. They also offer fantastic family/life flexibility. If you have experience in the legal or insurance world, I would highly recommend it. They have been growing dramatically every year and it is exhilarating to be a part of that kind of growth.

Cons

The downside is looking at the reviews that keep being posted by two former, vengeful, vindictive employees who were both cancers to the organization. They continue to reinvent themselves as different "former employees". It is the same two nightmares repeatedly defaming a quality organization. Pathetic to say the least. Watch, anytime there is a positive review, they will again troll the posting and reappear! Get a life!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

FORMER LONG-TIME ASSISTANT TO THE CEO

Jun 30, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

My experience at Cherokee Funding was one of support and collaboration. The company has been and is growing triple digits each year and that kind of growth is not for everyone but for me, it was incredibly rewarding. As the company has grown they have continued to expand their benefits programs and increase their salaries while at the same time making significant investments in systems to help make everyone’s live better. I was fully supported in my time at the company and fully supported in the transition that I chose to make when I left. As a matter of fact, I still maintain positive, supportive relationships with the CEO and multiple current and former employees at the company. I can tell you that the former disgruntled employee who is the same employee posting under multiple aliases is absolutely false. It is sad that these kinds of comments are needed but I had to chime in as the accusations by former employees who were fired for cause are unfounded.

Cons

Heavy mall traffic during holiday season.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Cherokee Funding is a great place to work!

Jul 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Complete Transparency: 360-degree view of company-wide operations *Work with a wonderful team (lots of support and interaction) *Opportunity for advancement *Flexibility (management is understanding when it comes to time off and job sharing) *Personally, I have worked at Cherokee Funding for over 2 years. It has been exciting and impressive to watch the enormous growth year after year. I work directly with the CEO but have great relationships with the entire staff. I have been able to take on a variety of responsibilities, allowing me to develop my skill set, plus I truly enjoy seeing the direct results of my efforts on the company.

Cons

*As opposed to working in a large organization where you can get lost in the shuffle, you will be held accountable and be expected to take ownership of your role. If you want to blend in, this is not the place for you. Cherokee Funding wants team players who like taking ownership!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Long Time Employee

Sep 21, 2017 - Director of Underwriting and Risk Management in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Cherokee for nearly 5 years. I have been here longer than any other employee, including the two that wrote the terrible reviews. We have seen massive growth along with the problems and headaches that come with it. But, anyone that has the right attitude and work ethic can not only succeed here but thrive. Biggest Pro – being part of the fastest growing legal funding company in the US

Cons

Atlanta traffic is absolutely the worst

8. 5.0

Intake Specialist Review

Sep 19, 2017 - Intake Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management here is very flexible with a busy schedule, especially for a college student like myself or working parents. Cherokee's management is easy to talk to and communicates well with each other and their employees. They are also very fair when it comes to compensation and is also gives incentives to go above and beyond.

Cons

It can get a little intense when it's really busy but the intake team is great and everyone has each other's back!

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with family like atmosphere!

Sep 5, 2017 - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Your voice really matters and you can see your direct impact. Everyone is willing to pitch in to get the job done and company has a really good reputation.

Cons

So much to do and so little time to do it! Pro/Con of being part of such a growing company!

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Potential for growth

Jun 3, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company so there is potential for advancement. Management is very open to promoting from within the company and employees can work in different aspects of the company.

Cons

Parking is offered in the company's building's deck, but is an expense to the employee. The company is growing and feels understaffed at times as business volume fluctuates.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews