Chesapeake Energy Human Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Chesapeake Energy Human Resources Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.9
Chesapeake Energy President, Chief Executive Officer and Director Robert D. Lawler
Robert D. Lawler
  1. "Best Place to work in OKC!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Chesapeake Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, excellent benefits, compressed work schedule. I love my job!

Cons

I do not presently have any cons.

Chesapeake Energy2014-06-11

"Human Resources"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Chesapeake Energy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, amazing campus, Friday afternoons off

Cons

The backstabbing and manipulation of the HR Department is dis-heartening not only as an HR Professional, but as a general human being. HR is trained to turn on each other, backstab and tattle for their own personal gain. Those who are willing to sacrifice others for themselves are rewarded generously. Those who stick to a strong moral compass are punished. This department is a group of hypocrites. HRBPs will not "allow" the business to do something, but then turnaround and do the same things themselves (i.e. there are multiple supervisors/managers in HR with only one direct report, but they will not allow the business to have a structure like that). The CEO and upper management is constantly telling employees that there are no layoffs planned, all the while HR is "eliminating positions". HR gets by on semantics every time.

Advice to Management

My advice to Management is to re-evaluate your entire HR department, leadership and structure. Do I think this will happen? Never. Do I think turnover in this department will increase while morale decreases? Absolutely.

Chesapeake Energy2015-07-29
  3. "CHK is not the great company it once was."

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Chesapeake Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great 401k, fitness center, and food on campus.

Cons

If you do not work on campus you are treated like a second class citizen. Management only values themselves, they talk about cpre balues, but dont deliver on theor empty words.

Chesapeake Energy2014-11-19
  4. "Incredible perks benefits culture and opportunities"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Chesapeake Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, community involvment, connections / networking, industry training and learning, flexible and treated as an adult. Off at noon on Fridays in the Summer. Incredible restaurants with great variety (Sushi, mongolian grill, fresh fish, salads, etc.) Movies and family activities, Fitness Center is amazing. Generous Time off, stock awards, 401k match is 100% up to 15% of Salary + bonus. Bonus and stock awards twice per year.

Cons

Parking was a problem, but that is resolved with new parking garages. Fitness Center at lunchtime gets crowded (not really a con, but the only thing I could come up with)

Advice to Management

Keep up all the great employee benefits. Career planning for lower level employees could improve

Chesapeake Energy2013-05-17